Thread: The Duff Brothers

vCash

The Duff Brothers

Only billionaires in Mississippi. Out of Hattiesburg. Seems they give a lot to southern but have donated a building to Ole Miss. Can't find the connection there. I'm sure there is something but if not, again it seems we need to do a better job reaching out.

vCash
    Their beer seems to be popular in Springfield.

vCash
    They have done many things for MSU - had a daughter that was a state girl and they basically built the new Tri Delta house about 6 years ago

vCash
    I see one of them out walking all of the time, often in an MSU tshirt. I think someone here mentioned that his daughter went to State. I know their family is originally from Columbia and there used to be a lot of old olemiss money in Columbia. Maybe the brothers? father was/is olemiss?

USM fans consider them to be boosters of usm.

vCash
    Are they the creators of Stranger Things?***

vCash
    I've known Tommy and Jim for 40 years. They give money to all 3(State, usm and om) and to most of the smaller schools in the state as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I've known Tommy and Jim for 40 years. They give money to all 3(State, usm and om) and to most of the smaller schools in the state as well.
    As much as I don't like that they are supporting UM... I can't complain that they are helping the state and keeping their money local.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    As much as I don't like that they are supporting UM... I can't complain that they are helping the state and keeping their money local.
    Yeah I've messed with them a little bit over the years about heppin' the rebs but they are generous with their money and put a lot back into the state. Not just universities either, if a high school has a need they will help there as well.

vCash
    These folks sound like very good people.

vCash
    I thought Dickie Scruggs was Mississippi?s richest person.**

vCash
    There is another Columbia boy not far behind ($$$$$$)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I thought Dickie Scruggs was Mississippi?s richest person.**
    To my knowledge, the Duffs made their money through hard work and effort. So they made it honestly. Dickie Scruggs on the other hand, ...................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    To my knowledge, the Duffs made their money through hard work and effort. So they made it honestly. Dickie Scruggs on the other hand, ...................
    Bingo! I knew the Duffs before they were wealthy. They ain't changed.