Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I?ll never forgive MOORHEAD

vCash
    One of the worst coaching jobs I can remember
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Hate to burst your optimistic bubble and cloud your maroon colored glasses, but 7-5 is a hard cap for this team; more likely 6-6 because Leach usually loses at least one game he should win. Don't be surprised at 5-7 based on strength of schedule. After all, we ARE Mississippi State.
    This is one of the best teams Leach has ever coached. 7-5 will be extremely disappointing.

We wont beat Bama but should play Georgia well with a possible chance to win in the 4th. Other than that- we may not be favored in a few others but we certainly can win them. Should be an 8-9 win team with an outside shot at 10

vCash
    In 2018, 8 games was the absolute minimum that the team was capable of winning. Like, 8 wins was the floor, and Moorhead found it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    In 2018, 8 games was the absolute minimum that the team was capable of winning. Like, 8 wins was the floor, and Moorhead found it.
    8-5 with that fckn defense. I still can't believe it.

vCash
    And had it not been for Hud, Jones, and the RB coach pushing him to scheme with what he had it would have been less than 8 wins.

vCash
    TBH, I think 10 was the floor - UK and UF should have never been an L. Moorhead went below the floor. He could have run QB draw every play and beat those two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    One of the worst coaching jobs I can remember
    Thank you C34.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And had it not been for Hud, Jones, and the RB coach pushing him to scheme with what he had it would have been less than 8 wins.
    correction- Johnson not Jones. Dont slight my boy.

And as was told to me- Moorhead said after Auburn "I'm not going to run that shit I dont care if we dont win another game. We are going to run what I want win or lose"

And that people- is why coaches get fired.

vCash
    correction- Johnson not Jones. Dont slight my boy.

And as was told to me- Moorhead said after Auburn "I'm not going to run that shit I dont care if we dont win another game. We are going to run what I want win or lose"

And that people- is why coaches get fired.
    I was thinking Jones the ST coach back then. He was the former head coach of UAB or something. Could have been Johnson in there too. There were a bunch of people pissed at Moorhead and his hardheaded bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I was thinking Jones the ST coach back then. He was the former head coach of UAB or something. Could have been Johnson in there too. There were a bunch of people pissed at Moorhead and his hardheaded bullshit.
    Marcus Johnson was the OL coach and he and Hud were very vocal about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    People who reply to this and say we really weren?t that good are high.

Our defense was easily the best in the nation. I think we have up 12 TDs all year and lost 5 games. Ridiculous.

Moorhead personally lost the Kentucky and LSU game. Ante monkey could have won those games wi the our team.

Against Kentucky he let their DE sack our QB?what? 5 times? No help for our tackle. Then threw it 50 times on the rain.

The one time he did right, we stomped Auburn. He then went back to his own thoughts and we lost that crap taste fame at LSU. He?s so dumb.

He was brain dead. Actually he was trying to prove a point to our detriment.

His comment about acting like he had the 85 Bears is dumb?HE DID have the 85 Bears ( relatively speaking).

The only comfort I get is how he could have had a successful head coaching career if he had just listened. Instead he didn?t and is a failure - rightfully so.
    Dang. Preach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    They were basically the college version. We were #1 or 2 in like 20+ defensive categories. We were dominant on D.

There is no excuse for where we are now. Most are expecting a big year and it should be. If CML can coach, he should win 9 at least. He is playing a lot of teams with less talent than he has, no excuse. This year's D ain't 2018, but it potentially could be the best since 18.
    If you believe in recruiting rankings, we are the least talented team in the west.

vCash
    This is one of the best teams Leach has ever coached. 7-5 will be extremely disappointing.

We wont beat Bama but should play Georgia well with a possible chance to win in the 4th. Other than that- we may not be favored in a few others but we certainly can win them. Should be an 8-9 win team with an outside shot at 10
    Why do you say we should play uga well? They are the #2 overall recruiter and we are like 27.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Why do you say we should play uga well? They are the #2 overall recruiter and we are like 27.
    They are talented- no doubt. They lost alot of players and are lacking experience. Experience matters. We are a developmental program and when we are a veteran team we are always pretty good. 2010 won 9 games. 2014 we contended for the NC. 2018 we were loaded and Moorhead ruined it. Now it's 2022. We will be very good and are at home. Georgia better come to play

Ken Griffey Jr was hell at 9 years old- but alot of 12 year olds were still better because of maturity even tho they didnt make it to MLB. Georgia lost alot of defensive players and while talented- they have alot of inexperience out there. Supposedly the Air Raid takes advantage of shit like that. Advantage us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Kentucky won 10 games that year. One of their best teams ever.

Florida was a bad loss but players didn't execute well that game. We had a chance to win with a catch here or there.

We most certainly lost the Iowa game because of defense. Busted assignments for an easy TD. Willie gay throat slashing to extend a drive. Then when we really needed a stop. Iowa marched down the field on the 85 bears to run out of the clock.

I'm not saying Moorhead was some genius. That music city bowl was ridiculous. But the 2018 season isn't entirely on him. Players have to make plays.
    Florida also won 10 games. State had a difficult schedule in 2018. Both of the East teams we played won 10 games.

vCash
    They are talented- no doubt. They lost alot of players and are lacking experience. Experience matters. We are a developmental program and when we are a veteran team we are always pretty good. 2010 won 9 games. 2014 we contended for the NC. 2018 we were loaded and Moorhead ruined it. Now it's 2022. We will be very good and are at home. Georgia better come to play

Ken Griffey Jr was hell at 9 years old- but alot of 12 year olds were still better because of maturity even tho they didnt make it to MLB. Georgia lost alot of defensive players and while talented- they have alot of inexperience out there. Supposedly the Air Raid takes advantage of shit like that. Advantage us
    That's exactly the key for us- having veteran teams. Which is why I would get so frustrated at Mullen for neglecting position groups like WR and OL causing us to be young at times. And that's a big reason why I think his ceiling was limited here. He was way too arrogant to make sure that didn't happen.

vCash
    Losing games usually doesn't make me lose it but after going to the LSU game that idiot coached OH MY GOD

vCash
    I'm going to get backlash from this but I'm not the Moorhead basher like the majority of you are. He wasn't a great fit, I'll admit that but how good was that team really going to be regardless? Yes we had a strong defense, very strong, but that team was put together by Mullen and what Mullen does, especially offensively. Fitzgerald was a Tight End playing QB, he could run for days but wasn't a very accurate passer. Its hard to win alot of games like that if that's not your coaching style. Looking in a two year window (because that's how long Moorhead coached), here are our results:

2016 Mullen: 6-7
    2017 Mullen: 9-4
    2018 Moorhead: 8-5
    2019 Moorhead: 6-7
    2020 Leach: 4-7
    2021 Leach: 7-6

Mullen's magical year was 2014 with Dak Prescott, but other than that we won 7 to 9 games per year which is close to what Moorhead did. Again, Moorhead was not a good fit, but this notion that he came in and literally ruined the program just isn't true. I personally don't think Leach is a great fit, his style just doesn't fit in the SEC and if he doesn't make some offensive changes this season we are going to get embarrassed by some teams, that 5 yard dink and dunk pass game got exposed really quick
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 08-11-2022 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I'm going to get backlash from this but I'm not the Moorhead basher like the majority of you are. He wasn't a great fit, I'll admit that but how good was that team really going to be regardless? Yes we had a strong defense, very strong, but that team was put together by Mullen and what Mullen does, especially offensively. Fitzgerald was a Tight End playing QB, he could run for days but wasn't a very accurate passer. Its hard to win alot of games like that if that's not your coaching style. Looking in a two year window (because that's how long Moorhead coached), here are our results:

2016 Mullen: 6-7
    2017 Mullen: 9-4
    2018 Moorhead: 8-5
    2019 Moorhead: 6-7
    2020 Leach: 4-7
    2021 Leach: 7-6

Mullen's magical year was 2014 with Dak Prescott, but other than that we won 7 to 9 games per year which is close to what Moorhead did. Again, Moorhead was not a good fit, but this notion that he came in and literally ruined the program just isn't true. I personally don't think Leach is a great fit, his style just doesn't fit in the SEC and if he doesn't make some offensive changes this season we are going to get embarrassed by some teams, that 5 yard dink and dunk pass game got exposed really quick
    Can you not see the progression of 2016-2017- to what may have happened with a 2018 Mullen coached team. I tend to believe that there would have been a falloff in 2019 regardless of who was coaching but Joe killed that team and left the scraps to Leach ... Don't forget the attrition we had under year one of Leach and I do blame Moorhead for letting team / player discipline getting to that point. Neither Mullen or Leach inherited the team & talent that Moorhead did. There just is NO EXCUSE that JoMo can fall back on ... he was a fake ... has MSU ever fired a coach after only two years?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Can you not see the progression of 2016-2017- to what may have happened with a 2018 Mullen coached team. I tend to believe that there would have been a falloff in 2019 regardless of who was coaching but Joe killed that team and left the scraps to Leach ... Don't forget the attrition we had under year one of Leach and I do blame Moorhead for letting team / player discipline getting to that point. Neither Mullen or Leach inherited the team & talent that Moorhead did. There just is NO EXCUSE that JoMo can fall back on ... he was a fake ... has MSU ever fired a coach after only two years?
    I agree with you on the player discipline issues, Moorhead lacked in that department, and that's partly why I say he wasn't a good fit. But the "what may have been" argument just doesn't do it for me.... its not like we are a 10 plus win team every season in playoff discussion year in and year out. We are all upset about a potentially magical 2018 defense that everyone still hangs their hat on. It just makes no sense to me, no matter who was coaching nothing was promised that year.... we don't have the football winning tradition and proven coaching history like Bama, Clemson, OSU, Georgia etc. to feel like that. And there's two sides of the ball, as good as Fitzgerald was he probably wasn't leading us to the playoffs no matter who the coach was.