Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I?ll never forgive MOORHEAD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Moorhead makes people like you delusional.

He wasn't the greatest coach, but comparing him to Croom is asinine. in Croom's 5 years here, we were pitiful.

I think everyone's "He was a great guy" mindset has clouded people's minds about how terrible of a coach he was. We were probably the worst Power 5 team in the nation in 2004.
    He wasn't even a great guy. We should have done our due diligence when his home school bama wouldn't even hire him. Hail State!

vCash

At least he beat little sister up north

And tied the record for the most wins of a first year coach @ MSU.

So funny how some of you are stil upset with the "kick rocks" comment. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    He would have ran the ball up the middle 3 times in a row and punted. We would have routinely lost games 9-0 with our 150 yards of total offense- which we did all the time.
    Ha, probably true.

Everyone debating who was worse Croom or Moorhead is funny. They were both two of worst coaches in SEC history - both at MSU. They were both bad for different reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    And tied the record for the most wins of a first year coach @ MSU.

So funny how some of you are stil upset with the "kick rocks" comment. lol
    That is because most coaches come in after a complete disaster. Moorhead came in with the deck stacked. JWS came in with a mess and immediately turned around. So did Mullen. Moorhead winning some games in year 1 is apples and oranges. It was more about what he inherited - talent and a culture that didn't need to be led but did the leading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Leach had mostly all of his guys last year and will have that again this year, lets just wait and see what happens. I personally don't have any more faith in Leach and this system than most of you had in Moorhead. I believe Leach's teams are more disciplined but I'm nowhere near sold on Leach. In my opinion this is the year for him to prove something. I don't want to hear the tough schedule excuse either.
    Playing, objectively, the toughest league schedule in the sec is not an excuse. 7-5 is expected (our over under for wins is 6.5). 8-4 would be great. 9-3 should be sec coach of the year.

vCash
    I agree..... with all that said, that means he ruined our program? Some of you are overly dramatic about that. Again, he wasn't an ideal fit, but how can you ruin a middle to low of the pack SEC team by pretty much winning the same amount of games that your prior peer coaches won? He had cultural issues, that's his knock....but that's not ruining a program
    I didn't say he ruined the program. I specifically said he was in the process of it when we fired him.

He averaged 7-5, which is the same thing Dan averaged (7.1-4.9). I suspect leach will be about the same. The difference is Joe took over a Ferrari and leach inherited a Taurus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That is because most coaches come in after a complete disaster. Moorhead came in with the deck stacked. JWS came in with a mess and immediately turned around. So did Mullen. Moorhead winning some games in year 1 is apples and oranges. It was more about what he inherited - talent and a culture that didn't need to be led but did the leading.
    And I don't know if some people remember this but Moorhead said we had a culture problem. He was letting guys decide when they wanted to practice or cutting practices short or when to work out with Captain Marshmallow. Yet, he thought we had a culture problem. That guy was a disease of incompetence.

vCash
    We were trending down in a hurry under Moorhead. Had we kept him another year, that 2020 team goes 1-9 or 0-10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ha, probably true.

Everyone debating who was worse Croom or Moorhead is funny. They were both two of worst coaches in SEC history - both at MSU. They were both bad for different reasons.
    Exactly. They were both terrible head coaches and hires for different reasons. Time to put that argument to bed. We now have a good coach that is trying to fix the problems and develop a new system while also going up against a brutal schedule for the 3rd year in a row. 2018 is just a lot more frustrating than anything during the Croom error because we had no talent or expectations going into any of the Croom seasons the way we did with Moorhead in 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I didn't say he ruined the program. I specifically said he was in the process of it when we fired him.

He averaged 7-5, which is the same thing Dan averaged (7.1-4.9). I suspect leach will be about the same. The difference is Joe took over a Ferrari and leach inherited a Taurus.
    Took over a Ferrari? These are the kind of statements that just don't make sense to me. And I say that respectfully.... How was the 2017 team that Mullen left behind a Ferrari? We had a very good defense returning but Defense only makes up a part of a football team, Offense and Special teams play a huge part also.... Look at the 2017 schedule, our best wins were #12 LSU, TAMU and Arky that year.....we lost against Georgia, Auburn, Bama and Ole Miss and finished at 9-4 which was a solid finish for us...but not a Ferrari

vCash
    Took over a Ferrari? These are the kind of statements that just don't make sense to me. And I say that respectfully.... How was the 2017 team that Mullen left behind a Ferrari? We had a very good defense returning but Defense only makes up a part of a football team, Offense and Special teams play a huge part also.... Look at the 2017 schedule, our best wins were #12 LSU, TAMU and Arky that year.....we lost against Georgia, Auburn, Bama and Ole Miss and finished at 9-4 which was a solid finish for us...but not a Ferrari
    Very good? You mean elite. He took over the best defense in the country. Three first rounders. Nobody had more.
    He took over a three year starter at qb who is the best running qb ever in the league, an nfl back, Aries, and a veteran OL with an all pro center.

Honestly there are coaches on this board who could have taken over that team and did better than 8-4.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He wasn't even a great guy. We should have done our due diligence when his home school bama wouldn't even hire him. Hail State!
    Yeah Ive actually heard this through they years as well, but it's like you have to whisper it or someone will scold you about it.

I never really had anything personal against the guy until the SEC Films Doc. After that I was pretty done.