Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I?ll never forgive MOORHEAD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    2018 showed JM wasn't a head coach but a program killer.

But what I really did me in with him was 2019 and him telling MSU - students, alumni, fans to shove it. He should have been fired on the spot.

That should be an interview question, how do you handle media and fans when things aren't going well? Course he would have lied not knowing how tough the SEC is.
    If I was Cohen he would have been on the hot seat after his "I remembered to take my coaching pills." line after the Auburn win 2018. In hindsight that proved he wasn't ready. Hud and the RB coach gave him that one on a silver platter by playing to our strengths: defense and running the ball. They were showing him how to win with the players he had. He didn't think it would work. We beat Auburn's ass and he was humbled and embarrassed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    initially I thought it was a good chance to take ... looked good on paper so I never blamed Cohen. It wasn't to long into the season when I realized he had no offensive imagination or creativity when I saw him ride Fitz like a Greyhound bus. I knew then he wasn't going to work out here. We had some tools to work with but he just seemed like a one trick pony. I still like the guy as a person but he's the type to remain a coordinator under a good head coach the rest of his life.... Yes he blew a really good opportunity for us that year but our administration did something seldom done at State ... firing him after year two
    Hey he let Fritz go " future air raid" and attempt to throw 50 times in the rain against KY! I knew he was a dud and we were in big trouble after that loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Kentucky won 10 games that year. One of their best teams ever.

Florida was a bad loss but players didn't execute well that game. We had a chance to win with a catch here or there.

We most certainly lost the Iowa game because of defense. Busted assignments for an easy TD. Willie gay throat slashing to extend a drive. Then when we really needed a stop. Iowa marched down the field on the 85 bears to run out of the clock.

I'm not saying Moorhead was some genius. That music city bowl was ridiculous. But the 2018 season isn't entirely on him. Players have to make plays.
    He thought he was an offensive genius. Let me wait until there is about 2 seconds left on the play clock while I outsmart the defense to hurriedly then get a play off. Meanwhile, they now tee off on the snap count.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Moorhead was a hardheaded Yankee. He was never SEC head coach material but talked a good game. He refused to listen to his asst. coaches that had more head coaching experience than he did (hence the mass exodus after the first season). He had a walking marshmallow as a S&C coach and let the players decide if they wanted to practice or not. He was a terrible hire.
    Nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I am the first person to talk about how much I disliked the Moorhead hire and was just as mad about that as Rick Ray. I have no idea what Cohen and Co were thinking hiring that fool. That being said, I think Mullen wins 10 games with the 2018 team, but let?s not act like anyone could have won 10 games with that team. We had no deep passing threat and that alone would?ve meant we don?t beat Bama or LSU that year. UK had a really good team and it would?ve been hard to win there but I think Mullen or a good coach would?ve done it. Losing to UF and Iowa were completely unacceptable though. Thankfully Cohen did much better with the Leach hire.
    We could have beaten lsu without throwing a pass more than 7 yards. We threw 4 picks. One was returned to our 2 and gave them their only TD.
    Last edited by confucius say; 08-09-2022 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He thought he was an offensive genius. Let me wait until there is about 2 seconds left on the play clock while I outsmart the defense to hurriedly then get a play off. Meanwhile, they now tee off on the snap count.
    Charlie Weis 2.0

vCash
    Point is, everyone acts like We did have the 85 bears in 2018. We didn't. Now, Moorhead was a sinking ship. However I dnk why people keep being up Moorhead. Unless it's to excuse the current guy .... but winning 8 or 10 in 2018 has nothing to do with todays football team.

vCash
    Point is, everyone acts like We did have the 85 bears in 2018. We didn't. Now, Moorhead was a sinking ship. However I dnk why people keep being up Moorhead. Unless it's to excuse the current guy .... but winning 8 or 10 in 2018 has nothing to do with todays football team.
    The current guy is worth ten Moorheads.

vCash
    Should also be noted that Dan recruited that 2018 team. And the 2014 team. He could recruit better than he got credit for. Put a host of guys in the nfl.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    People who reply to this and say we really weren?t that good are high.

Our defense was easily the best in the nation. I think we have up 12 TDs all year and lost 5 games. Ridiculous.

Moorhead personally lost the Kentucky and LSU game. Ante monkey could have won those games wi the our team.

Against Kentucky he let their DE sack our QB?what? 5 times? No help for our tackle. Then threw it 50 times on the rain.

The one time he did right, we stomped Auburn. He then went back to his own thoughts and we lost that crap taste fame at LSU. He?s so dumb.

He was brain dead. Actually he was trying to prove a point to our detriment.

His comment about acting like he had the 85 Bears is dumb?HE DID have the 85 Bears ( relatively speaking).

The only comfort I get is how he could have had a successful head coaching career if he had just listened. Instead he didn?t and is a failure - rightfully so.

vCash
    States defense was good that year. States offense was mediocre. Same State make up as always.

However you guys keep saying 10 wins. Moorhead regardless if he was clueless would have got 10 wins if the players execute better in two games.

The outback bowl. Busted coverage...7 pts. A chance to get the ball back in the end, Iowa made first down after first down.

vCash
    States defense was good that year. States offense was mediocre. Same State make up as always.

However you guys keep saying 10 wins. Moorhead regardless if he was clueless would have got 10 wins if the players execute better in two games.

The outback bowl. Busted coverage...7 pts. A chance to get the ball back in the end, Iowa made first down after first down.
    We did get the ball back. Even after dumbass moorehead punted on 4th and short. You have a poor memory

vCash
    They were basically the college version. We were #1 or 2 in like 20+ defensive categories. We were dominant on D.

There is no excuse for where we are now. Most are expecting a big year and it should be. If CML can coach, he should win 9 at least. He is playing a lot of teams with less talent than he has, no excuse. This year's D ain't 2018, but it potentially could be the best since 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    They were basically the college version. We were #1 or 2 in like 20+ defensive categories. We were dominant on D.

There is no excuse for where we are now. Most are expecting a big year and it should be. If CML can coach, he should win 9 at least. He is playing a lot of teams with less talent than he has, no excuse. This year's D ain't 2018, but it potentially could be the best since 18.
    Hate to burst your optimistic bubble and cloud your maroon colored glasses, but 7-5 is a hard cap for this team; more likely 6-6 because Leach usually loses at least one game he should win. Don't be surprised at 5-7 based on strength of schedule. After all, we ARE Mississippi State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Hate to burst your optimistic bubble and cloud your maroon colored glasses, but 7-5 is a hard cap for this team; more likely 6-6 because Leach usually loses at least one game he should win. Don't be surprised at 5-7 based on strength of schedule. After all, we ARE Mississippi State.
    No, this would possibly mean 4-0 against and only 2-6 in the SEC with 3rd straight loss to OM. This would be totally unacceptable in year 3 under Leach. But wait 6-6 is another bowl team (with what, 50 or so bowls?) I expect much more than this at this point. Hail State!

vCash
    Told me everything I needed to know about how awful a hire it was by his excuse making after the Tennessee game in 2019. Saying his daughter was "traumatized" by the critical comments thrown at him after that awful game. The man could not handle stress at all and found out SEC football is a different animal in a very quick two years.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Because he didn?t demand accountability. Great guy, but too anxious to being everyone?s friend instead of coach.

vCash
    If memory serves, an article said Clemson gave MSU defense for credit in winning the Championship for showing Tigers how to stop Bama offense. I think the DOGS held Bama to one td after the first quarter or something along that line when they were normally scoring over 40 a game. Let that sink in..... how GREAT that team COULD have been.....Thanks Dan.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 08-09-2022 at 09:29 PM.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Ironically that wa s probably Mullen?s best chance to win it all.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    7-5 is not a hard cap on this team. Get a clue.