Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you kidding me! FPI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I use to think this was the way for us but after seeing what happened to LSU, I don't think so anymore. You have to not only have a guy willing for assistance to work for and stay with, you have to have big money to keep them. That and a HC that can recruit and listens/ let's assistance coach.

We better hope leach works out. This year will tell us a lot. If he can improve then I don't care about what the rest of the schools are doing, we have the best coach for us that we could have. Someone that should stay and assistance want to coach for and aren't looking to jump each season. Hopefully it's not leach adapting but the qb making better options. If it's true what yall all have said, the qb has control, I don't see why that can't be the case. We'll see.
    People say Leach gets mad if the QB checks into a running play. That's not true. Leach has said it before that if the defense gives you that look, you take it. Will started making those checks last season. He got fooled a few times but that comes with experience. DJ and Woody have been putting the work in too. When they run on a 3 man front this season it's gonna look way different from 2020 when they were inexperienced and physically weaker.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 08-09-2022 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I would love to see you prove it.
    Bruh, just keep on with the keyboard diarrhea. You prove it with every key stroke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    People say Leach gets mad if the QB checks into a running play. That's not true. Leach has said it before that if the defense gives you that look, you take it. Will started making those checks last season. He got fooled a few times but that comes with experience. DJ and Woody have been putting the work in too. When they run on a 3 man front this season it's gonna look way different from 2020 when they were inexperienced and physically weaker.
    Good post, I think we're going to see a more balanced attack this year. We're still running the air raid so maybe 70-30 or 65-35.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Good post, I think we're going to see a more balanced attack this year. We're still running the air raid so maybe 70-30 or 65-35.
    Texas Tech 2008 w/ Barron Batch as the RB. Probably the most balanced offense Leach ever coached. For the Air Raid they ran the ball a lot. I think that's where we are headed.

vCash
    Here's a joke. Read an article about Ohio State is playing 5 teams in the Coaches Top 25 poll. Such a tough schedule! *** Didn't check how many we play with schedule ranked as #2 toughest by some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Here's a joke. Read an article about Ohio State is playing 5 teams in the Coaches Top 25 poll. Such a tough schedule! *** Didn't check how many we play with schedule ranked as #2 toughest by some.
    My count is 6 off this poll as of today. Two of them being Bama and Georgia the #1 and #2 teams in the country really sucks.

vCash
    Ohio State would be a solid SEC team, but they would not have the same success in this league they have had in the big 10. Before last year, Michigan had been bad for 15 or more years and their toughest completion was a Wisconsin team they played in the big 10 champ game most years that was always around 9-3 or 10-2. The same thing is about to happen to OU in the SEC. This league is built different and the only team that might?ve been able to win the league were a couple of Dabos teams

vCash
    I would love to see you prove it.
    For one you insinuated Kiffin was responsible for the defense turning around with the sharts.. we can kinda stop there. Umm I mean kuddos fir him hiring Dirkin who had been basically been excommunicated from coaching but..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    For one you insinuated Kiffin was responsible for the defense turning around with the sharts.. we can kinda stop there. Umm I mean kuddos fir him hiring Dirkin who had been basically been excommunicated from coaching but..
    So a head coach does not get credit for how their team performs if he has coordinators that are really good. Ok. Got it. I'm an idiot. I should have never spoke.

vCash
    Bruh, just keep on with the keyboard diarrhea. You prove it with every key stroke.
    Strong***

vCash
    I can't believe I ever got pissed at moorehead. Instead, I should have been mad at our S&C coach, our DC, and our OC. Oh yeah, and our ST coach - that was abysmal too. It wasn't on Moorehead all this time....I feel terrible now that you of great football intellect have learned me

vCash
    I can't believe I ever got pissed at moorehead. Instead, I should have been mad at our S&C coach, our DC, and our OC. Oh yeah, and our ST coach - that was abysmal too. It wasn't on Moorehead all this time....I feel terrible now that you of great football intellect have learned me
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    ept. 3 Memphis 77.3%
    Sept. 10 at Arizona 81.1%
    Sept. 17 at LSU 31.8%
    Sept. 24 Bowling Green 97.6%
    Oct. 1 Texas A&M 51.2%
    Oct. 8 Arkansas 60.7%
    Oct. 15 at Kentucky 37%
    Oct. 22 at Alabama 7.2%
    Nov. 5 Auburn 52.3%
    Nov. 12 Georgia 14.4%
    Nov. 19 ETSU 99.5%
    Nov. 24 at Ole Miss 36.7%

This is so stupid? 32% to win LSU 37% to win UK 37% to Win pissers? Like really?
    That adds up to about 6.5 wins. I wouldn?t be too happy with 6-7 wins with everything we are losing from this years team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.
    Thank you sir

vCash
    You praise Kiffin for the side of the ball he never coached on, yet you continue to talk bad about Leach. You make post about how much better OM and LK are than Leach and state. Some times I feel like fans like yourself would rather praise OM than defend state. It's a very weak mindset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You praise Kiffin for the side of the ball he never coached on, yet you continue to talk bad about Leach. You make post about how much better OM and LK are than Leach and state. Some times I feel like fans like yourself would rather praise OM than defend state. It's a very weak mindset.
    And what you apparently are unaware of is that Kiffin is always very involved with the offense and even calls plays at times during games. They even did a little piece on ESPN or SECN on his infamous whistle he uses to get the QB’s attention to make a check when he sees a match-up he likes. To even think he is not very involved with the offense is kinda dumb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    And what you apparently are unaware of is that Kiffin is always very involved with the offense and even calls plays at times during games. They even did a little piece on ESPN or SECN on his infamous whistle he uses to get the QB’s attention to make a check when he sees a match-up he likes. To even think he is not very involved with the offense is kinda dumb
    Yeah, he's so involved with the offense Lebby had to have extra practices. Lebby is a huge reason that offense and Corral were so good. And Cowbell was talking about Lane and the defense, not offense.

vCash
    Yeah, he's so involved with the offense Lebby had to have extra practices. Lebby is a huge reason that offense and Corral were so good. And Cowbell was talking about Lane and the defense, not offense.
    It?s only a few more weeks to find out the truth about Lane Kiffin . Their schedule is really easy at the beginning so the Kentucky game is where we start to see the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    It?s only a few more weeks to find out the truth about Lane Kiffin . Their schedule is really easy at the beginning so the Kentucky game is where we start to see the truth
    Lane is a good coach. I don't hate him or Leach. If Lane can coach that team to 9 wins he deserves COTY. I think he got a lot of help from Durkin and Lebby. Those two might be sorely missed this season.

vCash
    Lane is a good coach. I don't hate him or Leach. If Lane can coach that team to 9 wins he deserves COTY. I think he got a lot of help from Durkin and Lebby. Those two might be sorely missed this season.
    Lame is a good playcaller and has developed into a solid coach. He definitely had 2 good coordinators.

Both statements can co-exist

His QB play likely takes a step back so that will hinder the offense some. Should be interesting to watch