Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you kidding me! FPI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    What a joke. I know Kiffins career very well. Low character, not respected by the players and the only place he ever won with his own players was FAU, and that is debatable. Same kind of poster that will declare the season is over is we don’t sweep Bama and Georgia.
    Lebby worked with Corral and Altmeyer, not Kiffin. Lebby set up extra practices for the offense. Kiffin was never there. Charlie Weiss Jr. is no Jeff Lebby. Sam Pittman looks like a football genius when he's got Briles running his offense and Odom his defense. Kiffin ain't much different.

vCash
    LMAO @ 7% at Bama. That my boys- is 0%. I think FPI is a little skewed but we wont be the favorite when we play LSU, Kentucky, or Miss. So it's not much to be mad about.

There is no argument right now of Leach vs Lame. Lane has made a Sugar Bowl and is 2-0 vs us. He has proven to be the superior hire to this point. It's not even close
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Lebby worked with Corral and Altmeyer, not Kiffin. Lebby set up extra practices for the offense. Kiffin was never there. Charlie Weiss Jr. is no Jeff Lebby. Sam Pittman looks like a football genius when he's got Briles running his offense and Odom his defense. Kiffin ain't much different.
    Good post. Pittman is of good character, is there for the long haul.....as opposed to the guy with a lot of personal issues. Otherwise spot on about Pittmans coordinators running the team. Kiffin is a very overrated sleaz b a l l.

vCash
    Hahaha come on man - are you serious? Your maroon colored glasses can't be so thick that you don't give the HC credit for turning a team around. Who fixed the defense? I guess that was the DC and not Kiffin

vCash
    Obviously you don't know shit about football. We didn't get our "teeth kicked in". And there were other factors you conveniently leave out.
    What did I conveniently leave out? We absolutely got our teeth kicked in.

vCash
    No, you're a Leach Hater. And your obsession with Lane borders on the creepy.
    Maybe you should go back and read prior posts by me. I'm no leach hater. I'm a realist that wants to see us get better and I realize the leach is gonna have to adapt his offense or we are going to continually get our teeth kicked in by better coaches. And I can't stand Kiffin - honestly didn't think he would work out there but he has proven me wrong

vCash
    Season hinges on these games: lsu, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Ole Miss. Maybe A&M too. It looks to be an interesting year ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Hahaha come on man - are you serious? Your maroon colored glasses can't be so thick that you don't give the HC credit for turning a team around. Who fixed the defense? I guess that was the DC and not Kiffin
    Are you serious right now?? LK has never coached defense has never coached on that side of the ball. He hired a guy in Durkin who did a great job of getting them better on defense but guess what... Durkin is gone and with all these resources and connections you think LK has on the defense side of the ball... he promoted from within his staff to replace Durkin.. also let's not forget their 3 best defensive players are gone. You want to love some LK I'd advise you to do some research or go be a Good Rebel. One thing is clear you don't know football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Are you serious right now?? LK has never coached defense has never coached on that side of the ball. He hired a guy in Durkin who did a great job of getting them better on defense but guess what... Durkin is gone and with all these resources and connections you think LK has on the defense side of the ball... he promoted from within his staff to replace Durkin.. also let's not forget their 3 best defensive players are gone. You want to love some LK I'd advise you to do some research or go be a Good Rebel. One thing is clear you don't know football
    Have to give LK credit for hiring good Coaches, it's what good Coaches do. He has been pretty good for Ole Dixie, let's just hope it's the Pirates time to step up this year.

Btw, it just seems we are way behind all schools in the Sec except maybe one or two when it comes to promoting Msu. It's not just the athletic department only, it's been stated many times about this situation.

vCash
    Kiffin and Leach did not start out on equal playing fields, so it?s a bit hard to tell which one will have more long term success. Leach walked into a situation where the old coach let the inmates run the asylum and the team had no discipline or structure. Kiffin walked into a team that had been poorly coached in the past but had more raw talent and just needed coached up. We are now in Year 3 so which means this is the year we find out the truth about both coaches. If we lose the Egg Bowl this year and do not win more than 6 games, Cohen better do whatever he needs to do to get Dave Clawson to Starkville. That being said, I think Leach performs well this year and we win 8 regular season games, beat Ole Miss and win a good bowl game and most people will be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Kiffin and Leach did not start out on equal playing fields, so it?s a bit hard to tell which one will have more long term success. Leach walked into a situation where the old coach let the inmates run the asylum and the team had no discipline or structure. Kiffin walked into a team that had been poorly coached in the past but had more raw talent and just needed coached up. We are now in Year 3 so which means this is the year we find out the truth about both coaches. If we lose the Egg Bowl this year and do not win more than 6 games, Cohen better do whatever he needs to do to get Dave Clawson to Starkville. That being said, I think Leach performs well this year and we win 8 regular season games, beat Ole Miss and win a good bowl game and most people will be happy.
    MSU fans happy? Naw mane, if we win 8 or 9 you will hear a lot of "SEC is having a down year; we all knew LSU/UK/OM/Auburn were going to be bad; we were OK but should have beaten XXX and YYY but didn't because Leach is an idiot who spends all his time in Key West; the cups still stink; the platform in the upper deck cost us a game because we had fewer fans and they look stupid; we don't know how to use the ribbon boards and are an embarrassment to the SEC; FIRE COINS!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I use to think this was the way for us but after seeing what happened to LSU, I don't think so anymore. You have to not only have a guy willing for assistance to work for and stay with, you have to have big money to keep them. That and a HC that can recruit and listens/ let's assistance coach.

We better hope leach works out. This year will tell us a lot. If he can improve then I don't care about what the rest of the schools are doing, we have the best coach for us that we could have. Someone that should stay and assistance want to coach for and aren't looking to jump each season. Hopefully it's not leach adapting but the qb making better options. If it's true what yall all have said, the qb has control, I don't see why that can't be the case. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This proves you know dick about football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I use to think this was the way for us but after seeing what happened to LSU, I don't think so anymore. You have to not only have a guy willing for assistance to work for and stay with, you have to have big money to keep them. That and a HC that can recruit and listens/ let's assistance coach.

We better hope leach works out. This year will tell us a lot. If he can improve then I don't care about what the rest of the schools are doing, we have the best coach for us that we could have. Someone that should stay and assistance want to coach for and aren't looking to jump each season. Hopefully it's not leach adapting but the qb making better options. If it's true what yall all have said, the qb has control, I don't see why that can't be the case. We'll see.
    Pittman is screwed when Odom and Briles leave. We are going to see how Lane handles the SEC with lesser asst. coaches and a shit ton of transfers that are starting in a system they know little about.

vCash
    A lot of people forget that if we had a kicker last year we would have beaten Arkansas and it sure woulda helped in the egg bowl? not saying that is the reason we lost the egg bowl but I remember 2-3 missed field goals ( lots of stupid shit that game ? I blame the weather )

This year I feel like state is a 8-4 or 9-3 team with a floor of 6-6

If we stay healthy I can see either 9-3 or 8-4 with the schedule that we have .

FPI makes no sense? they have us at 60% against an arkansas team that is being hyped up by the sports media as being a possible contender in the sec west ?. They favor us or Texas A&M who is ranked #7 in the coaches poll also. But, they are giving us only a 31% chance to beat an lsu team who is going to be in its 3rd game of a new coaching staff with lots of new pieces ?.

My opinion at the moment

8-4

Losses to @alabama @kentucky Georgia , @ole miss ?.

By game 12 lane kiffin probably has it figured out ?. Hate to say it but until I?m shown different

I will change my opinion about everything if we start looking great

vCash
    Pittman is screwed when Odom and Briles leave. We are going to see how Lane handles the SEC with lesser asst. coaches and a shit ton of transfers that are starting in a system they know little about.
    I agree but I?m more of the opinion that they are being saved by have a EASY. Schedule the 1st 5 games to figure out everything and then they will play the real games starting against Kentucky

I see the pissers as probably 7-5 probably beating us, auburn , and Vanderbilt in the sec

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I agree but I?m more of the opinion that they are being saved by have a EASY. Schedule the 1st 5 games to figure out everything and then they will play the real games starting against Kentucky

I see the pissers as probably 7-5 probably beating us, auburn , and Vanderbilt in the sec
    They're not beating us this year.

vCash
    I think Ole Miss and State both end up 8-4 overall but we will beat them. Them getting Vandy and us getting Georgia will be the key differences. Ole Miss will lose to @LSU @ aTm Bama and State. We lose @LSU, @UK, @Bama, UGA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I think Ole Miss and State both end up 8-4 overall but we will beat them. Them getting Vandy and us getting Georgia will be the key differences. Ole Miss will lose to @LSU @ aTm Bama and State. We lose @LSU, @UK, @Bama, UGA.
    I think the pissers lose @arkansas

vCash
    This proves you know dick about football.
    I would love to see you prove it.