Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Leach Fall Camp Comments Day 1

vCash

Mike Leach Fall Camp Comments Day 1

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Steve's OOB interview. It seems like Leach is tweaking the offense. The rumors of running the ball more seem to be true based on Steve's comments. Supposedly there's some Kingsbury and Riley influence coming in this season.

vCash
    Some folks will really be surprised, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Some folks will really be surprised, I think.
    Count me in that group / it's been needing tweaked so we can quit getting RBs killed in the open field. And to keep good defenses off balanced. Glad to hear it's happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Steve's OOB interview. It seems like Leach is tweaking the offense. The rumors of running the ball more seem to be true based on Steve's comments. Supposedly there's some Kingsbury and Riley influence coming in this season.
    Would be the best news for our football team in a while.

vCash
    Designed runs are the way to force teams out of three man fronts. Texas tech used to be good at that

vCash
    I'd be surprised if he changes much. The QB essentially calls the plays in Leach's offense and as long as we have guys that like to throw the ball that's what's going to keep happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd be surprised if he changes much. The QB essentially calls the plays in Leach's offense and as long as we have guys that like to throw the ball that's what's going to keep happening.
    Yep but with the threat of a running game teams can't drop 8 and dare us to throw it long. Now our deep routes might open which might lead to more 30+ yard TDs. Which we haven't had te last 2 yrs.

vCash
    Will was checking into running plays a lot last year. He's not a selfish QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Designed runs are the way to force teams out of three man fronts. Texas tech used to be good at that
    People seem to forget Barron Batch at Tech.

vCash
    Will was checking into running plays a lot last year. He's not a selfish QB.
    And the percentage of passing still was really high.

vCash
    And the percentage of passing still was really high.
    So? Will took the opportunities given to him.

vCash
    This also lends to Parsons interest in us and vice versa. He would be an absolute beast in tweaked Leach offense.

vCash
    Meh. Not much was said. But nice that football is back.

So.... cameraman.... pump some iron. I guess that camera gets heavy after a minutes. Be more assertive and get in front of the dreads. Not pleasant to look at dreads.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 08-06-2022 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    This also lends to Parsons interest in us and vice versa. He would be an absolute beast in tweaked Leach offense.
    Steve mentioned that too. He said Leach is looking for more mobile QBs, not necessarily dual threats, but definitely not statues in the pocket.

vCash
    Steve mentioned that too. He said Leach is looking for more mobile QBs, not necessarily dual threats, but definitely not statues in the pocket.
    Absolutely, tough to only rush 3 when there is a real risk that the QB will tuck and go. That?s an easy 3-7 yards before the guys dropping have any chance at a play and in many cases more than that. A mobile QB would really open things up in all offensive areas. That?s by no means a knock on Will, it just is what it is.

vCash
    Parson won't be much of a runner imo.

vCash
    So? Will took the opportunities given to him.
    Whatever makes you feel better. Every time this time of the year Jackie was going to throw it more too.

Never have understood the MSU fan fascination with a QB who is mobile or dual threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Parson won't be much of a runner imo.
    I don?t know how much he would run, but he would at least have that option available when and if needed. That?s one thing we don?t really have at the moment. I just like the idea of that actually being a viable option when needed.

vCash
    I don?t know how much he would run, but he would at least have that option available when and if needed. That?s one thing we don?t really have at the moment. I just like the idea of that actually being a viable option when needed.
    Will isn't Mahomes by any stretch of the imagination but he's a lot more mobile than our fans give him credit for.

vCash
    Will isn't Mahomes by any stretch of the imagination but he's a lot more mobile than our fans give him credit for.
    Yeah his 62 carries for minus 97 yards is clearly misunderstood.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is