Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Leach Fall Camp Comments Day 1

vCash
    I'm from Missouri on this one.

But if he does, we could make some noise. Would love to see Hargrove streaking outside tackle or delay draw for some big runs. Ds will adjust if we get some balance and then that is when an O can explode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah his 62 carries for minus 97 yards is clearly misunderstood.
    Much of that from holding ball too long and not tucking and running when it's there. JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Steve's OOB interview. It seems like Leach is tweaking the offense. The rumors of running the ball more seem to be true based on Steve's comments. Supposedly there's some Kingsbury and Riley influence coming in this season.
    That will be the best Leach synopsis we get all season. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah his 62 carries for minus 97 yards is clearly misunderstood.
    34 of those "carries" were sacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And the percentage of passing still was really high.
    Will completed 75% of his passes last year. I say he can chuck it as much as he wants.

vCash
    I wish sacks would count against your passing totals. I mean, it happened during a “passing” play.

vCash
    Will is a great QB for this system.

Will is not Dak, Relf or Nick Fitzgerald. He is not built to take a pounding. If we ran him even 5 times a game, I don't think he makes it through a season. We need him throwing the ball not running with it.
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 08-07-2022 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Will is a great backup for this system.

Will is not Dak, Relf or Nick Fitzgerald. He is not built to take a pounding. If we ran him even 5 times a game, I don't think he makes it through a season. We need him throwing the ball not running with it.
    The idea is not to run Will. It’s for Will to take those yards that were there when things broke down instead of throwing an incompletion. Just get positive yards or move the chains and get down before taking a hit.

vCash
    Funny how we went from air raid, throw throw throw to the QB needs to run when he can. Hahaha.

However it isn't that this offense needs a running QB or a QB to run when he can. It's that this offense in combination with MSUs OL, needs a QB that is quick enough to make a defender miss to buy more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Funny how we went from air raid, throw throw throw to the QB needs to run when he can. Hahaha.

However it isn't that this offense needs a running QB or a QB to run when he can. It's that this offense in combination with MSUs OL, needs a QB that is quick enough to make a defender miss to buy more time.
    Let's bring in Fran Tarkenton and see if he can still play. I loved to watch him play. And I might add his intent was always to throw the ball.

vCash
    Can't reveal my sources, but Leach found Emory Bellard's playbook cleaning out an old desk. We will be running the wishbone with Will this season.****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Can't reveal my sources, but Leach found Emory Bellard's playbook cleaning out an old desk. We will be running the wishbone with Will this season.****
    So John Bond has been hanging out in starkville the past week?