Thread: Trash Pandas baseball

vCash

Trash Pandas baseball

There's a player on the Trash Pandas team named Preston Palmeiro. Anybody know if he's the son of Rafael?

BTW - while typing, he just hit a 2-run homer against the B'ham Barons in the first inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    There's a player on the Trash Pandas team named Preston Palmeiro. Anybody know if he's the son of Rafael?

BTW - while typing, he just hit a 2-run homer against the B'ham Barons in the first inning.
    Yes, that's Rafael's son that played at NC State.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    He seems to be a really good player. He's at first base. Probably won't be at AA very long.

vCash
    Did we not offer, or did he just pick them?

vCash
    Get to see him in Biloxi in a few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Did we not offer, or did he just pick them?
    I'm pretty sure the family lived in the NC area when the boys grew up and he wanted to play at NC State. I do not think MSU recruited him but am not 100% positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I'm pretty sure the family lived in the NC area when the boys grew up and he wanted to play at NC State. I do not think MSU recruited him but am not 100% positive.
    Yes we recruited him. I know Cohen brought him in on an official visit and I'm thinking it was just after we had played for the 2013 NC. I personally think the reason we didn't get him was that Polk still had bad blood with MSU at that time and Palmeiro and Polk have always remained very close.

vCash
    Went to a Trash Panda’s game recently and saw Raf there but didn’t bother him bc Pat was Ofer and he was pissed as any dad would be. He hit the ball hard all night though.
    Awesome venue.

vCash
    He seems to be a really good player. He's at first base. Probably won't be at AA very long.
    He's 27 years old. He was at AAA last year and has been in the minors for 7 years. He's most likely just organizational filler at this point.

vCash
    Yes we recruited him. I know Cohen brought him in on an official visit and I'm thinking it was just after we had played for the 2013 NC. I personally think the reason we didn't get him was that Polk still had bad blood with MSU at that time and Palmeiro and Polk have always remained very close.
    I think it was Preston wanting to do his own thing. He would have been in the shadow of his father at MSU the whole time.

I think he would have been a solid player for us

vCash
    As usual, the Trash Pandas had a fireworks display after the game last night. One of the fireworks veered off course and into the stands. One person was injured and taken by ambulance to the Madison Hospital.

Gotta wonder if fireworks will be on the agenda for future games, at least for a while.

vCash
    As usual, the Trash Pandas had a fireworks display after the game last night. One of the fireworks veered off course and into the stands. One person was injured and taken by ambulance to the Madison Hospital.

Gotta wonder if fireworks will be on the agenda for future games, at least for a while.
    We have them every week in Biloxi. Never have has a problem since they are shot off at the 400ft wall. Just got to keep an eye on the wind/

Hey Rocket Dawg I was browsing through the 62 Yearbook add I thought Bobby Collins was on that coaching staff/
    Last edited by parabrave; 08-06-2022 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    We have them every week in Biloxi. Never have has a problem since they are shot off at the 400ft wall. Just got to keep an eye on the wind/

Hey Rocket Dawg I was browsing through the 62 Yearbook add I thought Bobby Collins was on that coaching staff/
    The guy who does the fireworks said he'd been doing them for 40 years and never had such an incident. I live just over the hill from the stadium, and heard them going around 10 o'clock, so apparently the incident didn't stop them. Pretty sure these are from center field as well, but something misfired and it took off toward the stands instead of going vertical.

Don't know about Bobby Collins.