Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the "Y'all told 'em so department"...

vCash

In the "Y'all told 'em so department"...

"If you want to know why Dan Mullen was run off after last season despite 3 New Year's 6 bowls in 4 seasons, it wasn't just because of his weird (and reckless) personality on and off the field. That was reason enough.

It was horrific recruiting."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...a-ton-of-them/
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quoted - They?ve spent millions on the infrastructure around the program, with Napier making more than 40 hires in his first 7 months on the job. A majority of those hires, one way or another, are directly related to recruiting players and delivering a unique experience on and off the field.

Napier knows what wins games. So did the three coaches before him who were fired because they either couldn?t develop an offense (Will Muschamp), or couldn?t recruit and didn?t get along with others (Jim McElwain, Mullen).

Muschamp, like Napier, molded the Florida program after Nick Saban?s famed Process. So did McElwain. Mullen acted like Urban Meyer, but forgot the critical Meyer credo: recruiting is like shaving.

Napier is shaving every day ? the first step in a long road back to building a healthy, sustainable SEC program.

The man (Napier) apologized for the 2022 recruiting result already ... and he had the help of almost 40 new hires for recruiting ? It remains to be seen if his 2023 "top-ten" class holds it's position. That Florida job has become a carousel ride ... Mullen will never have it as good anywhere else as he did here.... I don't dislike the man but he could have left me with a better attitude towards him if he had only shown a little class while making his exit
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I bet Napier doesn't have the success there the next 4 years that Dan had. Bet he doesn't win the East or go to three NY6 bowls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I bet Napier doesn't have the success there the next 4 years that Dan had. Bet he doesn't win the East or go to three NY6 bowls.
    I think he was a good hire and four years from (if both are still employed) will have better results than Brian Kelly at LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I think he was a good hire and four years from (if both are still employed) will have better results than Brian Kelly at LSU.
    I may be proven wrong but I think Brian Kelly was a terrible hire for LSU.

vCash
    Agreed.

They blame 3 different guys each with a different flaw. What a coincidence. However what's the common denominator? The program. We shall see how Napier does. However with NIL Napier may be able to do some Galen Hall style recruiting.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 08-04-2022 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Agree. I don't think he will either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    "If you want to know why Dan Mullen was run off after last season despite 3 New Year's 6 bowls in 4 seasons, it wasn't just because of his weird (and reckless) personality on and off the field. That was reason enough.

It was horrific recruiting."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...a-ton-of-them/
    What sort of wild and weird behavior off the field did he have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Might be talking about Megan making out with players. Might be talking about Dan showing up dressed like Darth Vader to a press conference. And that's just what I know of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I may be proven wrong but I think Brian Kelly was a terrible hire for LSU.
    I agree with this. NIL may help him but I think that hire is going to be looked back on as a huge mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Have you read about how Scientology treats their minions?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I agree with this. NIL may help him but I think that hire is going to be looked back on as a huge mistake.
    It just looks like a bad fit. I believe they really, really wanted Jimbo but he decided to stay at A&M. I think Kelly is an 8-4 coach. Notre Dame is a different beast than LSU. Catholics believe in forgiveness, Cajuns don't.

vCash
    Since BK was mentioned, have you cats noticed how much ND's recruiting has improved since his departure?

Harsin is gonna be the first to get the axe, and I'd put Kelly not too far behind em, "hotseat" wise, IMO...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    How ironic Florida had to hire Mullen bc no one else would take their job in the one effing season we were set up to beat everybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Since BK was mentioned, have you cats noticed how much ND's recruiting has improved since his departure?

Harsin is gonna be the first to get the axe, and I'd put Kelly not too far behind em, "hotseat" wise, IMO...
    I’m predicting Harsin to surprise, don’t forget they outplayed Alabama last year bf big bro won at the very end, so they still have some talent.

Plus he spent the whole year having to deal with the previous coach’s abysmal locker room situation. He just defeated the Auburn money guys trying to get rid of him situation too so something tells me there’s some substance to this guy.

vCash
    LSU is currently 12th in recruiting and will pull a couple more big dawgs before signing day. Kelly will be fine.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    and on another note- A&M is #1 aGAIN in recruiting right now. NIL is going to elevate them to 10 wins a year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    and on another note- A&M is #1 aGAIN in recruiting right now. NIL is going to elevate them to 10 wins a year
    Yawn

Wake me up when september ends to watch the annual A&M roller coaster fall off of a cliff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    LSU is currently 12th in recruiting and will pull a couple more big dawgs before signing day. Kelly will be fine.
    We'll see. Looking at the Porsche and driving the Porsche are two different things. Plus, he's not in South Bend anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yawn

Wake me up when september ends to watch the annual A&M roller coaster fall off of a cliff.
    They probably will. But, if they continue to put top class over top class the collapses will end.