Thread: Walmart Supporting Sidewalk bama Fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    there's more LSU fans in Harrison County than there are registered voters ... and I just don't get it
    Depending on what part of Harrison County you're talking about, LSU is roughly 2 hours closer than MSU and more than 3 hours closer than Ole Miss. I suspect the only reason LSU doesn't completely dominate that area is out of state tuition.

Also, slightly off topic, Alabama is roughly the same driving distance from Harrison County as MSU and Auburn is not much further away than MSU and is closer than Ole Miss. FSU is a decent amount further than MSU bust still closer than Ole Miss.

It really has taken a crazy amount of bad leadership over the years to make sure our two major universities are clustered in the north and east of the state and that neither have a major interstate going by them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Depending on what part of Harrison County you're talking about, LSU is roughly 2 hours closer than MSU and more than 3 hours closer than Ole Miss. I suspect the only reason LSU doesn't completely dominate that area is out of state tuition.

Also, slightly off topic, Alabama is roughly the same driving distance from Harrison County as MSU and Auburn is not much further away than MSU and is closer than Ole Miss. FSU is a decent amount further than MSU bust still closer than Ole Miss.

It really has taken a crazy amount of bad leadership over the years to make sure our two major universities are clustered in the north and east of the state and that neither have a major interstate going by them.
    Driving distance means nothing to the "Alabama fans" in my county. Most of them have never been to a bama game or know the way to Tuscaloosa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Driving distance means nothing to the "Alabama fans" in my county. Most of them have never been to a bama game or know the way to Tuscaloosa.
    Of the many Bama fans I know, only two actually graduated from there and neither wear Bama gear or have Bama stickers or tags on their vehicles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Of the many Bama fans I know, only two actually graduated from there and neither wear Bama gear or have Bama stickers or tags on their vehicles.
    I think most Bama grads pay enough for that piece of paper to live in trailer park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Didn't mean to imply that it did. But as far as I can tell, the coast is full of people that actually attended LSU or at least had a parent or child that did. And they actually attend games. Just a different animal than alabama fans.