Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 102

Thread: Prayers for Brandon Football and Family

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member Really Clark?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,780
    vCash
    3100

    Prayers for Brandon Football and Family

    Saw sad news about the Brandon football player. Prayers to family, friends, teammates and classmates

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,469
    vCash
    427176943
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Saw sad news about the Brandon football player. Prayers to family, friends, teammates and classmates
    Well what happened?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Really Clark?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,780
    vCash
    3100
    A player passed away at practice today.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,508
    vCash
    3400
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    A player passed away at practice today.
    Damn. Heat related? Or something random?

    Doing football practice in August really is a damn roll of the dice. Even with coaches being responsible, you are going to have kids with latent health issues that you just don't know about. I also wonder whether it's more dangerous now because kids are spending less time working in the heat leading up to practice. In the summer leading up to two a days, we'd have agility drills outside, and then a lot of the players would go work outside, so even if it was hot as hell in August, most people were as acclimated as you were going to get.

    And we were lucky in that we were a few years past it being somewhat accepted for a punishment for the team not being sharp in a drill to be cancelling a water break, which is really crazy to think about now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,469
    vCash
    427176943
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Damn. Heat related? Or something random?

    Doing football practice in August really is a damn roll of the dice. Even with coaches being responsible, you are going to have kids with latent health issues that you just don't know about. I also wonder whether it's more dangerous now because kids are spending less time working in the heat leading up to practice. In the summer leading up to two a days, we'd have agility drills outside, and then a lot of the players would go work outside, so even if it was hot as hell in August, most people were as acclimated as you were going to get.

    And we were lucky in that we were a few years past it being somewhat accepted for a punishment for the team not being sharp in a drill to be cancelling a water break, which is really crazy to think about now.
    Back in the 70s we either worked all summer doing swamp reclamation or working on Shrimp boats for the point boys. Even though we were in shape the 2 a days were a beoutch. And one water break that was a hose attached to a spigot, for the entire team/

  6. #6
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    8,672
    vCash
    1540588
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Back in the 70s we either worked all summer doing swamp reclamation or working on Shrimp boats for the point boys. Even though we were in shape the 2 a days were a beoutch. And one water break that was a hose attached to a spigot, for the entire team/
    Yeah. It seems like we have this discussion on here almost every summer. This is a serious problem for high school kids. They stay locked away in air conditioning all summer playing Xbox and watching videos on their phones. Then they are expected to get out in 100 degree southern heat and humidity and practice football for hours.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    vCash
    3670
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Back in the 70s we either worked all summer doing swamp reclamation or working on Shrimp boats for the point boys. Even though we were in shape the 2 a days were a beoutch. And one water break that was a hose attached to a spigot, for the entire team/
    i remember football camp in tupelo in the late 70's in august where half of us almost passed out from the heat and all they did was give us Gatorade and salt pills it was brutal. I believe air conditioning plays a vital role in this now.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,222
    vCash
    3706
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    A player passed away at practice today.
    Horrible, just horrible. Just seems like we hear of this more and more but maybe that's just me. I don't recall things like this happening back when I played but that was in the 80's and we had two-a-days back then.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jack Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    misippi
    Posts
    13,584
    vCash
    2238605444
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Horrible, just horrible. Just seems like we hear of this more and more but maybe that's just me. I don't recall things like this happening back when I played but that was in the 80's and we had two-a-days back then.
    I'm a 80's kid. I worked out side on family farm all summer so when football came it was not big deal.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10,783
    vCash
    3086
    It happened in the 80s, you just didn?t automatically hear about it within hours of it happening across the state all instantly. News and info moves way way way faster as of 1994.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,222
    vCash
    3706
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It happened in the 80s, you just didn?t automatically hear about it within hours of it happening across the state all instantly. News and info moves way way way faster as of 1994.
    You're absolutely correct about news and information spreading faster but I also think there's some truth in Lambert's statement as well. It's a generational thing.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,469
    vCash
    427176943
    Dam.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Really Clark?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,780
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Damn. Heat related? Or something random?

    Doing football practice in August really is a damn roll of the dice. Even with coaches being responsible, you are going to have kids with latent health issues that you just don't know about. I also wonder whether it's more dangerous now because kids are spending less time working in the heat leading up to practice. In the summer leading up to two a days, we'd have agility drills outside, and then a lot of the players would go work outside, so even if it was hot as hell in August, most people were as acclimated as you were going to get.

    And we were lucky in that we were a few years past it being somewhat accepted for a punishment for the team not being sharp in a drill to be cancelling a water break, which is really crazy to think about now.
    From what I read the corner didn't give a cause of death immediately and they are doing an autopsy.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,992
    vCash
    17200
    Wonder if this is another case of a vaccinated youngster dropping dead
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  15. #15
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    8,672
    vCash
    1540588
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wonder if this is another case of a vaccinated youngster dropping dead
    I don't know but kids were dropping dead every year before the virus.

  16. #16
    Senior Member bulldawg28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,930
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I don't know but kids were dropping dead every year before the virus.
    Correct

  17. #17
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,183
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wonder if this is another case of a vaccinated youngster dropping dead
    my thoughts as well and it probably is. Myocarditis is a problem for some kids who necessarily got the vaccine. I know one kid in national guard who had to leave because he refused to getting the vaccine due to 2 of his friends dying after getting it. Both under the age of 25.
    No Signature

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19,743
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    my thoughts as well and it probably is. Myocarditis is a problem for some kids who necessarily got the vaccine. I know one kid in national guard who had to leave because he refused to getting the vaccine due to 2 of his friends dying after getting it. Both under the age of 25.
    Good grief. This has happened nearly every year for the last 20 years at least. Football starts too early now. Most of those turned out to have some kind of previously undetected heart problem that was brought to a head by the heat. I suspect that's what this one will be as well.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 08-02-2022 at 03:17 PM.

  19. #19
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,183
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Good grief. This has happened nearly every year for the last 20 years at least. Football starts too early now. Most of those turned out to have some kind of previously undetected heart problem that was brought to a head by the heat. I suspect that's what this one will be as well.
    and some of you will die on the Vaccine is fine hill. IF the damn vaccine is so damn good why are there booster after booster coming out? It's not a damn vaccine at all and you are welcome to view the VARS data to see that there has been WAYYYYYYY more complications and DEATHS from this "vaccine" than any other real vaccines. I guess my buddies friends who died had previous heart conditions as well huh? NOPE they didn't! He wouldn't have stood his ground to the point of getting discharged from the service if he thought they did.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 08-03-2022 at 09:38 AM.
    No Signature

  20. #20
    Tha Winnah! ScoobaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,630
    vCash
    2163236147
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    and some of you will die on the Vaccine is fine hill. IF the damn vaccine is so damn good why are there booster after booster coming out? It's not a damn vaccine at all and you are welcome to view the VARS data to see that there has been WAYYYYYYY more complications and DEATHS from this "vaccine" than any other real vaccines. I guess my buddies friends who died had previous heart conditions as well huh? NOPE they didn't! He wouldn't have stood his ground to the point of getting discharged from the service if he thought they did.
    Drop it. We ARE NOT GOING to Debate this.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.