Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are some CFB teams you're keeping an eye on this season?

vCash

Who are some CFB teams you're keeping an eye on this season?

I just listened to an interview with Shane Beamer on SEC Radio. I like that dude. I'll be watching South Carolina this season.

I want to see what Moorhead can do at Akron. I'll be peeking in on Akron's progress this season.

And I'll keep an eye on Syracuse. I work with the mom of one of the QBs. If he doesn't get significant playing time this season he's transferring. He's already been approached by middlemen (ex-NFL player alums) for Florida State.

vCash
    Other than State, I always watch Notre Dame. As suggested by my man CC24, I'll be looking at Division 1-AA (or whatever they're calling it now) this year.

vCash
    I just watch SEC ball now 95% of the time. Other than Clemson or Ohio State- none of the rest matter
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Wake Forest and NC State will both be interesting teams in the ACC. Also interested to see what the new coaches (Lanning, Cristobal, and Freeman) do with their programs in year 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I just watch SEC ball now 95% of the time. Other than Clemson or Ohio State- none of the rest matter
    Same. It's pretty much got to line up where the only SEC games on are Alabama blowing someone out, Missouri playing who cares, and ole miss whipping Bumf-ck U for me to tune into a game between non-SEC teams.

vCash
    Im keeping my eye on Tennessee. Dont think they?re quite ready to contend yet but I think they have a sneaky good year.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I don?t think Tenn is going to be that good. They may be the 3rd best team in the east though. I feel like their qb is overhyped. Maybe he will flourish? Time will tell. Luckily they play 6 games against east opponents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I don?t think Tenn is going to be that good. They may be the 3rd best team in the east though. I feel like their qb is overhyped. Maybe he will flourish? Time will tell. Luckily they play 6 games against east opponents.
    They may end up being pretty pedestrian but I like Heupels offense and he put up some numbers on Bama and UGA last year. Ive gone out on a limb and picked them to finish second in the east this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Interesting. If anything I think he's under hyped. Quietly passed for 2945/31/3 with a 68% completion percentage and ran for 615/5 while being pretty banged up part of the year.

I think UT will pretty easily be the second best team in the East, and is one of only a couple teams on Georgia's schedule that has any sort of chance of beating them. They have to get better on defense though.

vCash
    I'm curious if Cinci can keep up the momentum.

vCash
    It’s hard for me to care much about anyone other than State anymore. There’s like a 95% chance we are getting a Bama vs Ohio State title game and not a single ball has been kicked yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Tenn is going to be pretty good. I won’t be surprised if they finish in 2nd ahead of Kentucky
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Mississippi State, Army, and Tulane. In that order.

vCash
    Texas, if they stink it up Sark might not be around for little Archie.

vCash
    Southern California as always. I plan on treating this season like all of them in my 50+ year old past. It's getting hard to do though. I don't like where college sports seems to be heading, across the board.

vCash
    NC State. See if they can mitigate Clemson

vCash
    I'm also interested in Tennessee. Heupel is doing a really good job so far. I think they finish 2nd in the East too.

Sark has his hands full at Texas. He won't last long when they come to the SEC.

vCash
    Auburn, can they remain this bad?
    Arkansas, can they be good without that receiver?
    Florida, are they really that depleted talent wise?
    LSU, can Brian Kelly do well there in year one?
    Ole Miss, can they be any good without that qb?
    MSU, can we block anybody?
    Last edited by Schultzy; 07-30-2022 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    The Citadel, Army and VMI/ Why bother with the rest when it will be BAMA, Uga OHST and Oklahoma in the finals.