Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who are some CFB teams you're keeping an eye on this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The Citadel, Army and VMI/ Why bother with the rest when it will be BAMA, Uga OHST and Oklahoma in the finals.
    Not being a smart ass, this is a genuine question... Have you always just been interested in the national championship?

As a State fan my entire life the national championship has never driven my interest in the sport. It's always been about the season, which team underachieve vs overachieve, rivalries, etc.

I get Alabama fans for focusing only on the finals, but it's almost ALWAYS been the case that only a few teams have a real shot at that thing, yet these days fans seem to only focus on the Playoff. I can't put my finger on what's caused the change.

vCash
    I'm going to keep an eye of Florida to see if Napier is the guy that some folks on here thought he might be ... I know it's early but the guy already had to put out an apology to that fickle fan base a about last years lousy recruiting.... flip side is South Carolina... I think they make some noise in the East division this year
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Not being a smart ass, this is a genuine question... Have you always just been interested in the national championship?

As a State fan my entire life the national championship has never driven my interest in the sport. It's always been about the season, which team underachieve vs overachieve, rivalries, etc.

I get Alabama fans for focusing only on the finals, but it's almost ALWAYS been the case that only a few teams have a real shot at that thing, yet these days fans seem to only focus on the Playoff. I can't put my finger on what's caused the change.
    Npw I could give a rats ass about the championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm going to keep an eye of Florida to see if Napier is the guy that some folks on here thought he might be ... I know it's early but the guy already had to put out an apology to that fickle fan base a about last years lousy recruiting.... flip side is South Carolina... I think they make some noise in the East division this year
    Napier is gonna suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Its going to be good watching Lil Beam turn USC into a upper SEC east team.

vCash
    I don't keep up with nor care about anyone but us, except for OM to lose every game! Hail State!

vCash
    Here are some teams I want to keep an eye on. These are not traditional blue bloods that I think could have good seasons based on solid coaches and veteran teams. 5 teams to watch to be sleepers but no SEC teams listed here because I?m always intrigued to see how all of them do.

Wake Forest- Sam Hartman is back and I think they will challenge Clemson for the ACC title. Clawson is one of the best coaches with doing more with less. If their defense can just be halfway decent, the ACC champ will come down to the Clemson/Wake game

Kansas State- Klieman was the perfect hire for them when Snyder retired. He has done a good job with below average talent in the big 12. They return a lot of starters and could see them finishing 2nd or 3rd in the big 12 behind OU

Utah- They are already getting a lot of preseason hype. We will find out when they open with UF if that is warranted. They could be a playoff team if things come together or they could be last years Iowa State

Oregon State- Jonathan Smith is a coach that probably would?ve been fired at any SEC school by now not named Vandy with a 16-28 record; however, I think they break through and will be in a tie for first in the pac 12 north when they play Oregon. I think Oregon wins that game, but Oregon State returns almost their entire team from a 7-5 regular season. Smith has gradually improved them every year and I think 9-3 is likely with their schedule.

West Virginia- Neal Brown was a coach I really wanted Cohen to hire over Moorhead in 2018. He now has 3 years under his belt at WVU. He had to completely overturn a roster that had issues similar to what Leach had to deal with. Improved significantly from year 1 to year 2, but I expected more last year and WVU was very average, although a lot of that had to do with QB issues. They now have JT Daniels and I think I will find out this year if Brown can coach big time football or if his success came from Troy having more talent than their opponents

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Mississippi State, Army, and Tulane. In that order.
    Man, I am a MSU fan, and I would suggest picking at least one team to watch that could possibly be a contender.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I want to see how or if LSU and Florida improves.

vCash
    Mississippi State for sure. I always look at the scores and hope Liberty got whipped. An Ole Miss loss is always awesome. I think Lincoln Riley will make big strides at USC, mainly because it's a clown conference. For some reason I always keep an eye on Texas. I think it's because they are fascinating in their ability to consistently underachieve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I want to see how or if LSU and Florida improves.
    I really want us to stroll into BR and embarrass Kelly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Mississippi State for sure. I always look at the scores and hope Liberty got whipped. An Ole Miss loss is always awesome. I think Lincoln Riley will make big strides at USC, mainly because it's a clown conference. For some reason I always keep an eye on Texas. I think it's because they are fascinating in their ability to consistently underachieve.
    There are some teams that underachieve a lot of years, but nobody does it like Texas. Maybe Sark will finally break through, but it?s incredible how much talent Texas accumulates and can?t succeed. aTm is similar except not as bad. Baylor has been just as good a program over the last 10 years as any other Texas school. They have conference titles, some NY6 appearances including a Sugar Bowl win.