Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Football commit OL

  1. #1
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    22,012
    vCash
    3275

    Football commit OL

    Zay Alexander from Tupelo. 6'7" 315lbs 3 star with an impressive offer list including Georgia, TX, and FL.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4,153
    vCash
    55927
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Zay Alexander from Tupelo. 6'7" 315lbs 3 star with an impressive offer list including Georgia, TX, and FL.
    Nice! Tackle?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4,153
    vCash
    55927
    Looks like we are having a huge day recruiting-wise

  4. #4
    Senior Member TheLostDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    2725
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Looks like we are having a huge day recruiting-wise
    Just got a lb from Florence high? 3*

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    791
    vCash
    3000
    I keep hearing NiL is going to kill recruiting, I’m not seeing it. We seem to be doing very well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    7,936
    vCash
    1420588
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I keep hearing NiL is going to kill recruiting, I’m not seeing it. We seem to be doing very well.
    Yes. We're doing really good in football recruiting right now.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,374
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I keep hearing NiL is going to kill recruiting, I?m not seeing it. We seem to be doing very well.
    For a few kids NIL will matter but for 95% it is business as usual. There are too many good players and Bama can't NIL them all - only something less than 85. The sky ain't falling.

    Was the LB from Florence, AL or MS?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1003100
    From Sipp I believe

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,402
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    For a few kids NIL will matter but for 95% it is business as usual. There are too many good players and Bama can't NIL them all - only something less than 85. The sky ain't falling.

    Was the LB from Florence, AL or MS?
    No sir

  10. #10
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,860
    vCash
    1000000
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    For a few kids NIL will matter but for 95% it is business as usual. There are too many good players and Bama can't NIL them all - only something less than 85. The sky ain't falling.

    Was the LB from Florence, AL or MS?
    Additionally, this is an atypically talented class in Bammer... like 7 Five Stars this year....

    Clemson nabbed 2 and UGA got 1, as well...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,563
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Additionally, this is an atypically talented class in Bammer... like 7 Five Stars this year....

    Clemson nabbed 2 and UGA got 1, as well...
    I can't wait to get embarrassed by Bama again this year.

    It will be like 2 losses because we will be listless that next week.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,087
    vCash
    587843
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I can't wait to get embarrassed by Bama again this year.

    It will be like 2 losses because we will be listless that next week.
    I'm just curious as to why you're so down on State.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,324
    vCash
    3400
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm just curious as to why you're so down on State.
    For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.

  14. #14
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,270
    vCash
    3138
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.
    We were a couple of plays away from winning 10 games last year and return 18 guys. Our fans are ridiculous.

  15. #15
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,003
    vCash
    4975
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.
    That's some bullshit right there. Y'all sound like we got Croom and Woody on the sidelines. Damn people.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    531
    vCash
    3000
    We would be in a mess if the players and coaches didn't nut up and accept the challenge. some of us simply must be weaklings

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,563
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm just curious as to why you're so down on State.
    So you're calling the win at Tuscaloosa. OK.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,324
    vCash
    3400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We were a couple of plays away from winning 10 games last year and return 18 guys. Our fans are ridiculous.
    LT and RT are kind of important. Off our 2010 team, we lost Leon Berry, Patrick Hanrahan, J.C. Brignone and Derek Sherrod and regressed a good bit on offense, particularly compared to the end of 2010. Partly because Relf got banged up early in the season from not having a left tackle.

    But also, when I say reliant on defense, I'm not talking about us looking like a Croom team or anything, but the SEC has changed and offenses have to score now. We could very easily look like the team that played Ole Miss last year, where the inability of our OTs to block consistently kill a lot of drives. 21 points isn't Croom level, but it's also not going to beat many SEC teams unless your defense is just lights out.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 08-03-2022 at 10:21 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,087
    vCash
    587843
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    So you're calling the win at Tuscaloosa. OK.
    Not calling anything, but I will watch and support them every game they play. Why do you watch, or do you?
    Last edited by Catfish; 08-02-2022 at 04:36 PM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Turfdawg67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,082
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm just curious as to why you're so down on State.
    You're just now noticing this? There are MANY, but he's one of the worse. Him, Flanking Lee and Salty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.