Thread: Football commit OL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm just curious as to why you're so down on State.
    For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.
    We were a couple of plays away from winning 10 games last year and return 18 guys. Our fans are ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We were a couple of plays away from winning 10 games last year and return 18 guys. Our fans are ridiculous.
    LT and RT are kind of important. Off our 2010 team, we lost Leon Berry, Patrick Hanrahan, J.C. Brignone and Derek Sherrod and regressed a good bit on offense, particularly compared to the end of 2010. Partly because Relf got banged up early in the season from not having a left tackle.

But also, when I say reliant on defense, I'm not talking about us looking like a Croom team or anything, but the SEC has changed and offenses have to score now. We could very easily look like the team that played Ole Miss last year, where the inability of our OTs to block consistently kill a lot of drives. 21 points isn't Croom level, but it's also not going to beat many SEC teams unless your defense is just lights out.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 08-03-2022 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That's some bullshit right there. Y'all sound like we got Croom and Woody on the sidelines. Damn people.