Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skenes just announced LSU

vCash

Skenes just announced LSU

Pull up twitter and it is the first thing i see.

vCash
    We just dont win those battles
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    In the NIL era, it’s going to be tough. LSU is next year’s Tennessee. They’re absolutely loaded.

vCash
    gut punch. Losing Skenes and Mosely drastically changes the outlook for hoops and baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    In the NIL era, it?s going to be tough. LSU is next year?s Tennessee. They?re absolutely loaded.
    All those personalities on one team will be interesting

vCash
    and not only did we lose Mosely and Skenes- we have to face both this year

vCash
    MSU/OM Natties back to back lsu fans said f that we fixin to buy everybody

vCash
    Need to go after another OF or pitcher. Whatever is best available.

vCash
    Early grapevine is he took it for 250K. LSU got a bargain if so.

vCash
    All I've heard was NIL wouldn't be a major factor with this kid. Yeah right! Wonder what we were offering?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    All I've heard was NIL wouldn't be a major factor with this kid. Yeah right! Wonder what we were offering?
    This is what people have to understand. NIL is ALWAYS a factor now. I'm talking to parents of 10th graders that are mentioning NIL of colleges to me

Skenes is going to be a 1st round draft pick whether he plays at State or LSU. Both coaching staffs are good. Both fan bases are great. Facilities are great at both schools. LSU has rebuilt and will be good in 2023. State has too.

But I know without a doubt LSU offered at least twice what we did in NIL. And he is going to LSU

This isnt rocket surgery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is what people have to understand. NIL is ALWAYS a factor now. I'm talking to parents of 10th graders that are mentioning NIL of colleges to me

Skenes is going to be a 1st round draft pick whether he plays at State or LSU. Both coaching staffs are good. Both fan bases are great. Facilities are great at both schools. LSU has rebuilt and will be good in 2023. State has too.

But I know without a doubt LSU offered at least twice what we did in NIL. And he is going to LSU

This isnt rocket surgery
    Yep. This NIL is really about to start kicking us in the nuts. This crap really makes we wish we only had 1 school in the state now(hindsight)!

vCash
    Big time gut punch.

As far as starting pitching goes, we've got Cade. Andddd that's about it that we know about.

I think Gartman will be good, but who knows how he adjusts in the SEC. KC is probably coming back, but he was a hit or miss (mostly miss) this year. We needed that bonafide ace. Really not any of those left in the portal.

Oh well. Hope some of y'all realize how far behind we are in NIL. Maybe it'll be a wake up call when it starts affecting the one sport we're good at.

vCash
    Early grapevine is he took it for 250K. LSU got a bargain if so.
    I'm 100% sure we could have matched that.

vCash
    We just lost this one. That's all it comes down to.

Personally, I think the answer is to get a new pitching coach. But whatever.

vCash
    That freaking sucks.

It's time to fix this problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

It was an easy loss to predict. We don't win big recruiting battles in any sport, but we keep doing this to ourselves. This one stings a bit more for me because we badly needed that ace pitcher, but we will almost always lose head-to-head with LSU both on and off the field. Lemonis needs to figure it out, because this is what he was hired to do......recruit and put us position to win titles.

Concerning Foxhall, I'm not a big fan of his. It's easy for fans to get caught up in the fact that we won a title last year and just assume he's the greatest, but IMO we can do much better. I don't think a lot of top pitchers are knocking down the door to come learn from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

GTFO with that bullshit. When it came down to us and LSU- there is not one mf’er anywhere that sincerely thought we would win that battle. Not one. I know we didn’t offer him 250K- and we both know that probably the minimum LSU offered.

It was never a battle. We were never going to get him. That’s NIL today and it sux because now it’s getting us in baseball. The one sport we used to be able to be a Big Dawg. Except we aren’t now

vCash
    GTFO with that bullshit. When it came down to us and LSU- there is not one mf’er anywhere that sincerely thought we would win that battle. Not one. I know we didn’t offer him 250K- and we both know that probably the minimum LSU offered.

It was never a battle. We were never going to get him. That’s NIL today and it sux because now it’s getting us in baseball. The one sport we used to be able to be a Big Dawg. Except we aren’t now
    You're telling me that our fans will spend money- thousands of dollars- to sit in condos in left field and spend thousands on our team including following them to freaking Nebraska in droves but we're not going to spend on NIL for baseball? Right.

Here's the real problem with MSU. It takes us getting kicked in the nuts for things to happen. We never take the lead.

Once he shoves it up our ass this spring Lemonis and Cohen will probably start some major NIL drive at baseball games by 2024 at the latest.

MSU is the worst at having fans and administration keeping their heads in the sand. Really the only question is how long we will keep our heads in the sand. Because with Polk it was about 20 years all told.

Ole Miss winning a National Championship might end up being one of the best things to happen to us because it will probably get our heads out of our asses quicker.

And let's be real here- let's say you're a MLB prospect. Do you want to play for the guy that was a MLB pitching coach or the guy that just had a plethora of Tommy John surgeries among other injuries and wasn't able to develop guys like Fristoe, Hunt, or Cerentola? This guy doesn't care about 250K from LSU or whatever MSU offered him. He cares about getting 2 million as a draft bonus and then getting millions upon millions as a MLB player.

vCash
    A) The problem is our fanbase thinks 100K is huge money. That’s just a starting point with the Big Boys in the SEC.

B) No pitching prospect looks at our 2022 pitching staff and thinks our pitching coach is a pitching guru. Those recruits have no idea what happened at State 5 years ago.