Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skenes just announced LSU

vCash
    The whole NIL stuff is just sickening. There is no loyalty. It is all about the money.

I heard a story of kid that signed with Arkansas.....life long Arkansas fan. LSU put money on the table. He was damn close to committing to LSU until Arkansas matched it. The number I heard was NOT 250 but 6 figures, none the less.

Anyways.....good luck Cigar boys. Because as far back as I can remember.....which is the "Thunder and Lightning" duo from west Point, Doug 20 Buckles on and on....State folds when the pot grows. It sucks.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 07-29-2022 at 06:45 AM.

vCash
    Btw, I will be rooting for anyone playing Texas AM football and lsu baseball this year. I hope they both choke and fall short, like Tennessee.

vCash
    For those of you who believe this came down to NIL, no complaining from you unless you've donated.

vCash
    State people better pray for something to change concerning nil b/c as long as it is around, we will be on the hind tit. Pre-nil, it was scholarship advantages for other states and schools. Now, I’d wager that nil puts us at a bigger disadvantage. If Florida, whose fan base as a whole doesn’t support baseball, paid $250,000 or better for the usm pitcher, I’m not seeing any hope for MSU.

We can beat our chest about being a great fan base and great facilities, etc. but we don’t have the market cornered on all of that stuff. There are other schools that care about baseball too and they won’t be letting MSU outspend them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We just lost this one. That's all it comes down to.

Personally, I think the answer is to get a new pitching coach. But whatever.
    Your obsession with constantly shitting on Foxhall is becoming weird.

vCash

And let's be real here- let's say you're a MLB prospect. Do you want to play for the guy that was a MLB pitching coach or the guy that just had a plethora of Tommy John surgeries among other injuries and wasn't able to develop guys like Fristoe, Hunt, or Cerentola? This guy doesn't care about 250K from LSU or whatever MSU offered him. He cares about getting 2 million as a draft bonus and then getting millions upon millions as a MLB player.
    Did you just use Tommy Johns surgery in an argument against Foxhall, when in the same sentence you are advocating for Wes Johnson? Haha wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For those of you who believe this came down to NIL, no complaining from you unless you've donated.
    Some of us don’t have the means to donate.

vCash
    As Todd would say, my two cents:

!) First off, as far as the NIL goes, not many schools except Lsu will go all out on baseball. We will be able to compete in this sport with NIL in the coming future.

2) Whether I like or dislike Fox, the one thing I am happy and grateful for is is handling of pitchers who are hurt or injured. He cares about the pitchers and their future.

3) Times are changing, want be long when there will be only 2 or 3 major conferences, thank our lucky charms we are in the Sec, our money situation being in the Sec will get even better. In saying this we will be able to "sustain" our status. We may not win a Natty in football or baseball, but we will always have a chance in baseball. I'm, not as concerned about the NIL in baseball.
    Last edited by basedog; 07-29-2022 at 08:01 AM.

vCash
    I'm 100% sure we could have matched that.
    Huh...... no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We just dont win those battles
    And we'd better get used to it because this is just the beginning. We're definitely bottom half of the SEC next year.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Did you just use Tommy Johns surgery in an argument against Foxhall, when in the same sentence you are advocating for Wes Johnson? Haha wow.
    In the last 2 -3 years which one had the most pitching issues - injuries and/or perceived lack of development

Because 1 just got a pay raise to leave MLB and coach college

vCash
    This one did not come down to NIL. It came down to Wes Johnson. Now I have let my thoughts be known on Arm Murderer multiple times. The guy left around 15 arms needing Tommy John in 3 years between us and Arkansas but somehow kept getting better jobs. We could match anything LSU offered NIL wise, but this came down to Skenes wanting to work with Wes over Foxhall

vCash
    You're telling me that our fans will spend money- thousands of dollars- to sit in condos in left field and spend thousands on our team including following them to freaking Nebraska in droves but we're not going to spend on NIL for baseball? Right.

Here's the real problem with MSU. It takes us getting kicked in the nuts for things to happen. We never take the lead.

Once he shoves it up our ass this spring Lemonis and Cohen will probably start some major NIL drive at baseball games by 2024 at the latest.

MSU is the worst at having fans and administration keeping their heads in the sand. Really the only question is how long we will keep our heads in the sand. Because with Polk it was about 20 years all told.

Ole Miss winning a National Championship might end up being one of the best things to happen to us because it will probably get our heads out of our asses quicker.

And let's be real here- let's say you're a MLB prospect. Do you want to play for the guy that was a MLB pitching coach or the guy that just had a plethora of Tommy John surgeries among other injuries and wasn't able to develop guys like Fristoe, Hunt, or Cerentola? This guy doesn't care about 250K from LSU or whatever MSU offered him. He cares about getting 2 million as a draft bonus and then getting millions upon millions as a MLB player.
    Blaming a player's current coach is a bit weird to me.

These injuries come from a lifetime of pitching. A person's arm is not designed to throw a baseball this hard and things tear.

It seems to me Foxhall seems to rest guys more than most and does more to protect pitchers than other coaches by not pitching them as often or sitting them at the first sign of soreness.

What am I missing? How are you blaming Foxhall for these injuries? As a novice, I really don't know baseball. I admit that even if I don't see it, doesn't mean it's not possible.

vCash
    This take is way off.

First, the true intention of NIL was NOT to create a flesh trade market fueled by extortion and greed. There are numerous other ways a person can support the university that are morally and ethically right. That person has skin in the game regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Some of us don’t have the means to donate.
    There is an option for $10 a month. Ten.
    33 cents a day.
    Everybody on here can afford that.

vCash
    Got to go get some one else instead of bitching about what we do or dont have.

Personally I love MSU as much as anyone but I am not just handing my hard earned money to some kid just to get him to come to school when he can decide he wants to leave at any point with no consequences whatsoever. Hate me if you want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Got to go get some one else instead of bitching about what we do or dont have.

Personally I love MSU as much as anyone but I am not just handing my hard earned money to some kid just to get him to come to school when he can decide he wants to leave at any point with no consequences whatsoever. Hate me if you want
    Hating you for that would be ridiculous. If people don't support the NIL system, that's their choice. I'll still love my fellow brother.

But don't complain when we don't get players due to lack of NIL funds. Our fanbase is making the choice not to get those type guys. We have thousands of people who can afford $100/$50/$25 a month but are not doing so.

vCash
    Hating you for that would be ridiculous. If people don't support the NIL system, that's their choice. I'll still love my fellow brother.

But don't complain when we don't get players due to lack of NIL funds. Our fanbase is making the choice not to get those type guys. We have thousands of people who can afford $100/$50/$25 a month but are not doing so.
    This all day. If you are going to moan and complain about how NIL ruins sports and you are never going to give a dime of your money to it then that is completely within your right. However, do not then turn around and moan and complain that we are not getting any good players. Right now this is the name of the game, maybe that changes and maybe it does not. But if we do not adapt, then we will become bottom dwellers in every sport, and yes that includes baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    This take is way off.

First, the true intention of NIL was NOT to create a flesh trade market fueled by extortion and greed. There are numerous other ways a person can support the university that are morally and ethically right. That person has skin in the game regardless.
    Actually right now the best way to support the university is give to NIL. Period. End of discussion. And look, I get that there are some who do not agree with it. I get you think it is ethically and morally wrong and I respect your opinion. But if you want to be successful and be able to get guys like Chris Parson or Ross Highfill or Josh Hubbard you gotta play the game. I will take 9-3 with blood mercenaries over 3-9 with kids who ?have Mississippi in their heart?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This all day. If you are going to moan and complain about how NIL ruins sports and you are never going to give a dime of your money to it then that is completely within your right. However, do not then turn around and moan and complain that we are not getting any good players. Right now this is the name of the game, maybe that changes and maybe it does not. But if we do not adapt, then we will become bottom dwellers in every sport, and yes that includes baseball.
    Didn't you just say we lost Skenes b/c of the pitching coach?