Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke...Who's Bacccckkkkkk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Fristoe is also 21 with a lot of leverage. Hancock will be 24 with no leverage. If he is lucky he would get 1K like Hatcher.
    Exactly. Jack throws 95 and his best baseball is ahead of him. He is more likely to end up among the list of Bulldogs that accomplished alot more in pro baseball than they did in their time on campus
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Exactly. Jack throws 95 and his best baseball is ahead of him. He is more likely to end up among the list of Bulldogs that accomplished alot more in pro baseball than they did in their time on campus
    Fristoe is this year's "Cerantola" Award winner, which is given out to the MS State player that didn't do Jack while on campus but yet 'projects' well and gets drafted...

Back on topic, really glad to have Hancock back - just hope he doesn't hit in the 2 hole....

vCash
    IFFY, throwing 95 right down the middle in ML isn't the answer. Also, his fastball a lot of times is flat, I actually hate the word "potential", yes guys can step and improve but sometimes those "snakes" in one's head never go away. I wish him the very best, but I will be surprised if he makes it to the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Fristoe is this year's "Cerantola" Award winner, which is given out to the MS State player that didn't do Jack while on campus but yet 'projects' well and gets drafted...

Back on topic, really glad to have Hancock back - just hope he doesn't hit in the 2 hole....
    IDK why people constantly say this? He had a .400 OBP.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    IDK why people constantly say this? He had a .400 OBP.
    I think speed on the bases.

And also, if he hits in the bottom third of the lineup, that will mean we have really good options for the first 6 spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think speed on the bases.

And also, if he hits in the bottom third of the lineup, that will mean we have really good options for the first 6 spots.
    For me (can't speak for others), this is the exact reason. He has phenomenal plate discipline though; can't take that away from him.

vCash
    A) because some people said he would be drafted and leave us

B) I did not say the same thing about James. I never said James would go undrafted. I said that I hoped he would return because he still had leverage and could possibly enhance his stock for next season. Please comprehend when you read
    "James had a money number supposedly before the draft to get him to leave- and it?s closer to a million than 150K"
    Signed for $125,000

"James almost has to return. Thanks to C19 he still has leverage. He needs to show he can play the OF and play it well."

"All 3 almost assuredly coming back now" (replying to a post including Kam)

"I expect James to return. He still has leverage and his supposed asking number is about 6 times higher than 150K"
    Again, signed for $125k

I comprehend that you were WRONG. I don't see the word hope anywhere. Seems my comprehension is fine.

I like reading your opinions. I hate narcissism about being "right" while ignoring all of the WRONGS.
    Last edited by PMDawg; 07-28-2022 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Im really starting to get excited about this team. I give lemonis and the staff credit. They have busted their asses this recruiting and portal cycle.
    On paper, it's decent but there's so many unproven players that haven't performed at this level just yet. Pitching is still a huge question mark.........Skenes is a must get..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    you're probably right ... but if Fristoe can get paid then there has to be something somewhere, somehow for Luke it would seem ... is it the position that tips the scales ?
    Fristoe has the tools to make it to MLB if he can consistently use them. I hope Luke gets a shot somewhere but MLB is mostly about the tools you have and developing them in the minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    "James had a money number supposedly before the draft to get him to leave- and it?s closer to a million than 150K"
    Signed for $125,000

"James almost has to return. Thanks to C19 he still has leverage. He needs to show he can play the OF and play it well."

"All 3 almost assuredly coming back now" (replying to a post including Kam)

"I expect James to return. He still has leverage and his supposed asking number is about 6 times higher than 150K"
    Again, signed for $125k

I comprehend that you were WRONG. I don't see the word hope anywhere. Seems my comprehension is fine.

I like reading your opinions. I hate narcissism about being "right" while ignoring all of the WRONGS.
    *crickets*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    *crickets*
    What’s there to respond to? All his post proved was I never said anything definitive on James. He was getting drafted the question was when? I still think he should have come back. Bulked up, played the OF and worked on driving up his power numbers and stock. And the number I referred to came straight from his immediate family. Obviously they changed their mind.

Huge difference in saying “Luke is not getting drafted” and “Kam SHOULD return because he was drafted so low”

vCash
    it’s ok, not the first time and not going to be the last time. Just own it and move on and admit to yourself that you are not the all knowing sports god that you think you are.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 07-28-2022 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    Then maybe you should meet Coach 34 and have a discussion sometime. I found him interesting and knowledgeable. He made valid points with confidential info but they changed their plans midstream. I think Kam is in a tight spot regardless but he played his ass off for the Maroon and White and that is all we can ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Then maybe you should meet Coach 34 and have a discussion sometime. I found him interesting and knowledgeable. He made valid points with confidential info but they changed their plans midstream. I think Kam is in a tight spot regardless but he played his ass off for the Maroon and White and that is all we can ask.
    My "should" on Kam comes from the point of having access to SEC facilities- which includes fantastic weightroom, batting cages, video study....etc, girls all over campus, and playing on TV another year in front of thousands to hone your craft and get better as opposed to playing for the Carolina Mudcats or the Delmarva Shorebirds in A-ball in front of tens of people next Spring. He still has 2 more years of college baseball left so he could work his way to at worst- the same payday next Spring.