Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2 Deep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    No doubt they do. But when you dont have anyone that could have played better than Lashley last year you are counting on a quantum leap of growth. There will obviously be growing pains with his successor. Fortunately our Sept is good for that before the tough ass October.
    And we were damn close to winning 10 with a liability at RT. It cant be much worse whoever it is. We will be ok

vCash
    Cross just totally erased his side of the field on pass rush most games. Given what he was asked to do, that was easily one of the best seasons by an OL in school history. The only game we?ve ever played under Leach where Cross wasn?t starting at LT was that train wreck against Texas Tech.

I tend to think we find decent enough replacements at the tackles and go on to have a good year, but if you?re looking for something that has the potential to derail our season, beyond the obvious of injuries it?s probably the OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    No doubt they do. But when you dont have anyone that could have played better than Lashley last year you are counting on a quantum leap of growth. There will obviously be growing pains with his successor. Fortunately our Sept is good for that before the tough ass October.
    I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Reese will make that kind of jump going from his true freshman to RS freshman year. Certainly not guaranteed but most good OL are going to improve a lot between their first and second year on campus. And supposedly Reese was showing a lot of promise last year? Not sure that was from anybody that knows though.

But again, what Lashley gave us was only ok because we had the other side of the field locked down. We need Reese to be a good bit better than Lashley because we know our LT is going to take a step back.

vCash
    That Lashley couldn't sniff the field at bama except for ST, and immediately started for us says it all about RT last year and any year. Hope several of our young linemen or Pearcy step up or we have issues at OT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    That Lashley couldn't sniff the field at bama except for ST, and immediately started for us says it all about RT last year and any year. Hope several of our young linemen or Pearcy step up or we have issues at OT.
    We could struggle this year but given the o line recruits we have brought in, I’d say we will have a very good o line soon no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    We could struggle this year but given the o line recruits we have brought in, I’d say we will have a very good o line soon no matter what.
    Yeah, but we have the other pieces in place on the team to have a really good team this year. We can't waste this year's defense. It is a talented defense that won't be here next year.

vCash
    We'll be better on OL than most think. Leach has always had good OLs with average talent. Will getting the ball out quickly is going to help a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    What names? I see 2, maybe 3, guys that would even play on any other sec team. I also see a lot of guys who are going to get a lot of yards based on the sheer number of passes thrown in this offense.

Which WRs on our team scares SEC defensive coordinators?
    Then why don't you cheer for those other SEC teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Then why don't you cheer for those other SEC teams.
    LOL
    Last edited by Catfish; 08-01-2022 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    What names? I see 2, maybe 3, guys that would even play on any other sec team. I also see a lot of guys who are going to get a lot of yards based on the sheer number of passes thrown in this offense.

Which WRs on our team scares SEC defensive coordinators?
    Bump!