Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Deep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea I don't get it. 8-4/7-5 just isn't exciting to our fanbase anymore.
    Now, I've just turned the big 5-0, so I remember the 4-7, 3-8 on the regular, and 10 years between bowl games. I guess our fanbase is frustrated that we haven't taken that next step to being a consistent 8-10 win team going to NY6 and Florida bowls on the regular. 2018 was the big kick in the sack for most(thanks JoMo). Hopefully, We can get to 9-3, and to a NY6 or Citrus Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I think it's just people that are butt hurt because Leach doesn't run their preferred offense.
    That's so petulant and childish. As long as the offense works I don't care what we run. Mike Leach is an elite coach and we are lucky to have him.

vCash
    I've seen Shira-Felker and Croom---so hell yes I'm excited for this Year.. the fact we get to play in the baddest ass division this side of the NFL--makes it an honor to play. we have some whiney ass pussies on the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's so petulant and childish. As long as the offense works I don't care what we run. Mike Leach is an elite coach and we are lucky to have him.
    Look - I'm not the offense's biggest fan, but I'm a MSU fan first and I enjoyed the hell out of the AU game last year. We need more of that.

I did not enjoy the egg bowl, so less of that please.

I do think we need to something different at MSU to win, so if going true air raid is the route we have picked, then I hope like hell it works.

My biggest concern is that our defense has held up really well the last two years and after this year, we will lose a ton of talent and experience. Three and outs have not hurt us as much the last two years, because our defense has been solid. A bad defense is the worst case scenario for MSU in 2023, so we need to take advantage of what we have this year.

This is the most excited I have been about a season at MSU since 2018. I think we have a legit shot to win 10 games, a puncher's chance against UGA and no chance against the NFL team masquerading as a college team in Bama. Do I expect to win 10? Of course not, do I think when the ball is kicked off against Kentucky, A&M, Pigs and bearsharks that I think we are losing those games? Nope. At least not today.

Hope is a good thing - 2022 MSU football is full of hope.

vCash
    QB-Will Rogers, Sawyer Robinson
    RB-Dillion Johnson, Jo'quavious Marks
    WR-Jaden Walley, Austin Williams
    WR-Tulu Griffin, Justin Robinson,Antonio Harmon
    WR-Caleb Ducking, Rara Thomas
    WR-Jamire Calvin, Jamorris Hopson
    LT-Percy Lewis, Grant Jackson
    LG-Nick Jones, Cole Smith
    C-LaQuinston Sharp, Canon Boone
    RG-Dolla Bill Johnson, Kam Jones
    RT-Albert Reese, Steven Losoya

DE-Jordan Davis, Nathan Pickering
    NT-Jaden Crumedy, Cameron Young
    DE-Randy Charlton, De'Monte Russell
    SLB-Tyrus Wheat, John Lewis
    MLB-Jett Johnson, DeShawn Page
    MLB-Nathaniel Watson, Nic Mitchell
    CB-Emmanuel Forbes, Marcus Banks, Jordan Morant
    CB-Decarlos Nicholson, Decamerion Richardson, Hunter Washington
    NB-Shawn Preston, Corey Ellington
    BS-Colin Duncan, Jackie Matthews
    FS-Jalen Green, Dylan Lawrence

K-Massimo Biscardi, Ben Raybon
    P-George Georgopoulous, Archer Trafford
    Last edited by msudawg1200; 07-25-2022 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    Solid team against a brutal schedule. I still say 8-4 or better.

vCash
    There's nothing to play for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    There's nothing to play for.

vCash
    Maybe things go perfect and we get to play in the Music City Bowl and then 6 guys opt out. Hip, hip, hooray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea I don't get it. 8-4/7-5 just isn't exciting to our fanbase anymore.
    Will be exciting to me as long as one of the 8 or 7, is OM. BTW, did I miss something as I have been attending since 1963, just how many seasons of 9 or more regular season wins have we had? I am again excited and expect us to go 12-0 in the regular season until we lose a few! Hail State!

vCash
    Even Dave Bartoo thinks we will have one of the best Ds in the SEC. He thinks we could have a top 20 defense.

We have a WR stable like we've never had and an experienced QB that can get them ball.

I just don't get the Eeyore attitude from some of our "fans".
    We lost two of our top four producers in the WR room, but we do have some potential. Hopefully, Will works on his release and gets the ball downfield quickly.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    We lost two of our top four producers in the WR room, but we do have some potential. Hopefully, Will works on his release and gets the ball downfield quickly.
    Malik Heath was a backup player by the end of the year. He got his spot taken by a freshman.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I?ll be surprised if we have almost 50K opening weekend in the heat. Maybe if Memphis travels a little heavier because it?s close.

But as I keep saying- this will be the best team Leach ever coaches at State. Better enjoy it this year. This is a good football team
    I would expect 45-50K for week 1, since the game doesn’t start until 6. Shouldn’t be too bad heat wise at that point in the day. I expect Some of our guys to get ratings bumps and then Parson will be a 4 star. Our recruiting will probably end up around the same as it’s always been. Don’t know what that equals to as far as success in the future but probably about what Leach has always done. Ole Miss completely abandoning the state of Mississippi is going to help us out a lot with defensive recruiting. We have made a living with high 3 star defensive guys within the State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

Nah, we good.

vCash

Nah, we good.
    If Ducking starts and plays significant minutes then we?re gonna struggle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    If Ducking starts and plays significant minutes then we?re gonna struggle
    All those names and you go to Ducking. Eeyores gonna Eeyore. How dark are those clouds in your world?

vCash
    All those names and you go to Ducking. Eeyores gonna Eeyore. How dark are those clouds in your world?
    What names? I see 2, maybe 3, guys that would even play on any other sec team. I also see a lot of guys who are going to get a lot of yards based on the sheer number of passes thrown in this offense.

Which WRs on our team scares SEC defensive coordinators?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    What names? I see 2, maybe 3, guys that would even play on any other sec team. I also see a lot of guys who are going to get a lot of yards based on the sheer number of passes thrown in this offense.

Which WRs on our team scares SEC defensive coordinators?
    Wow.

You just love being miserable. Five of those guys are go-to play makers. They caught solid passes from Will. We have better WRs under Leach than Mullen. We put up points on good defenses last season - A&M, AU, NC State, UK, Arkansas, OM. It's not scaring DCs, it's just frustrating the shit out of them.

vCash

Nah, we good.
    Don't forget my man Scoobie - he had the same YPC as Heath and did damn well for a walk on.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't forget my man Scoobie - he had the same YPC as Heath and did damn well for a walk on.
    Oh shit yeah. Scoobie Ford caught some clutch passes last season. I suggest some folks go back and watch our come back game against Auburn to see how Will spread it around. Polk and Heath weren't the only guys making catches.