Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2 Deep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Unless it was a Spring experiment, it really worries me that they had Dolla Bill running 1st and 2nd string LT much of the time. He was a penalty machine last year. Hope he steps up this year in a big way, but don't see him at LT at all.
    Percy Lewis had a small injury is why that happened

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You are going to see more commitment to the run this year than years previous here under leach.
    Why is that

vCash
    You are going to see more commitment to the run this year than years previous here under leach.
    Where are you hearing this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    There probably will be more designed runs to deter teams from running three man fronts. Sounds good to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    There probably will be more designed runs to deter teams from running three man fronts. Sounds good to me.
    I've always said that Leach would adjust a little. A few designed runs doesn't mean it's not the Air Raid.

vCash
    I've always said that Leach would adjust a little. A few designed runs doesn't mean it's not the Air Raid.
    believe it when i see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    believe it when i see it.
    We actually ran the ball quite a bit last year. Looked more like some of those mid 2000s Texas Tech teams. We're still gonna run the ball even if there are no designed plays. Will has done a good job checking into a run when needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Why is that
    Because the RBs are too good not to.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I?ll be surprised if we have almost 50K opening weekend in the heat. Maybe if Memphis travels a little heavier because it?s close.

But as I keep saying- this will be the best team Leach ever coaches at State. Better enjoy it this year. This is a good football team
    I disagree simply because Will isn't as physically gifted as what Leach can get. State will always recruit defense well. We haven't even seen a full 4 years of oline coached to Leach's style either.

This team is talented yes, but a good 10 win season only propels us up, not down. The talent will keep flowing to the two main conferences.

Also Memphis is an evening kickoff on a Holiday weekend. Your estimation seems low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I disagree simply because Will isn't as physically gifted as what Leach can get. State will always recruit defense well. We haven't even seen a full 4 years of oline coached to Leach's style either.

This team is talented yes, but a good 10 win season only propels us up, not down. The talent will keep flowing to the two main conferences.

Also Memphis is an evening kickoff on a Holiday weekend. Your estimation seems low.
    Exactly right

A q b who has good mobility and a strong arm will really expand the offense. No offense to Will who is doing a really good job.

A veteran o line that has been together a while and excels at pass blocking will compliment that highly rated q b.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Exactly right

A q b who has good mobility and a strong arm will really expand the offense. No offense to Will who is doing a really good job.

A veteran o line that has been together a while and excels at pass blocking will compliment that highly rated q b.
    N
    I
    L

and its impact will begin to show its impact more and more in the upcoming years.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    This isn't a whole sale we gonna abandon the Air Raid I'm saying there is going to me more emphasis on trying to run the ball more this year.

vCash
    This isn't a whole sale we gonna abandon the Air Raid I'm saying there is going to me more emphasis on trying to run the ball more this year.
    We ran the ball more last year than Leach teams have done since the Texas Tech heyday. I expect more of the same this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    True but I think Reese (or jones) can give us what lashley gave us at least.
    What really scares me is I don't think leach will adjust to help his LT out with chips or formationally.
    What Lashley gave us really isn't good enough though. It was manageable last year because we at least had Cross on the other side. We get what Lashley gave us last year and match that with a mediocre LT and we are in trouble. Can't sustain drives if we are constantly getting put behind the chains or having to throw the ball away because one of our tackles is getting beat 30% of the time.

vCash
    Anyone will be better than Lashley as long as they don't false start or hold as much as he did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Anyone will be better than Lashley as long as they don't false start or hold as much as he did
    And that's why he took the portal out of Bama. He was never going to see the field staying there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    My concern is that these coaches aren't stupid, if we had someone better, we would have put him out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My concern is that these coaches aren't stupid, if we had someone better, we would have put him out there.
    Exactly.

Either Lashley was a good bit better than think he was OR what we had behind him was shitty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Exactly.

Either Lashley was a good bit better than think he was OR what we had behind him was shitty
    Kids improve you know this. Reese will be fine. If Lewis cant do it we know Kam Jones can play tackle and be ok. I am concerned too but not bc we dont have players. Im concerned bc it is literally the only potential hole on the team on the most important position group of the team. Or any team for that matter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Kids improve you know this. Reese will be fine. If Lewis cant do it we know Kam Jones can play tackle and be ok. I am concerned too but not bc we dont have players. Im concerned bc it is literally the only potential hole on the team on the most important position group of the team. Or any team for that matter
    No doubt they do. But when you dont have anyone that could have played better than Lashley last year you are counting on a quantum leap of growth. There will obviously be growing pains with his successor. Fortunately our Sept is good for that before the tough ass October.