Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Deep

vCash

2 Deep

Anyone want to give us a rundown on the projected 2 deep.
    Thanks I'll hang up and listen.

vCash
    Good luck with that. You might have to settle for a 1 deep. Not too many folks interested in football anymore and I cant blame them

vCash
    Here is what Our Lads Shows from the Spring depth, I am sure some things will change as transfers underclassmen get in there and compete and show their abilities this fall camp:

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...pi-state/91211

Looking that list from the spring, here are my thoughts which are really not that informed and could easily be wrong but you asked:

Off Tackles - I see both Reese and/or Lewis possibly getting in the starting spot but both Jones and Johnson have shown they can be serviceable. If one of them steps up, you could see Jones slide back inside as a starter in place of Smith. Sharp is the guy at Center and it appears Losoya has shown some ability inside as well. He was a starting LT at Mid TN State.

WR's - too hard to tell for me - Lots of talented players. Guys have to catch the ball first and then if they can be explosive on top of it. We can all guess the starters but I trust the coaching staff to have 8 guys ready. I am surprised to see Hardrick listed at the WR position, he was recruited as a CB. I found that interesting.

QB & RB's are pretty established with Rogers & Sawyer at QB & Marks & Johnson but I am looking forward to seeing what Hargrove can bring. He is a burner.

DLine - Jordan Davis comes back fully healthy - He could be starting soon and our best pass rusher. There is lots of talent in this group whoever is starting with a good mix of older and younger guys.

LB's - SR laden starters - with lots of young talent behind them and more coming in - nice looking group; I hear good things on several younger ones and some really good Fr signees. This group should be good

DB's - Forbes & Greene are probably starting but there is so much new talent coming in from the portal and guys Like Ellington playing so well. They hit the portal hard and got some good players to go along with a top JuCo DB and the younger guys getting better. This group should be better even after losing one of the best in the game from last year.

Kickers.- not sure what to say... they brought in some guys. The names are listed in the link how you expect it to be but who the freak knows? They can't be worse right?

vCash
    Thanks Hot Rock.

I'm interested to see what Massimo Biscardi can do. With a name like that he's destined to be a star.

vCash
    Agreed, good post, Hot Rock. We've got some talent.

vCash
    Is Randy Charlton and Demonte Russell really starting over Jordan Davis? I thought Jordan was the starter until his preseason injury last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Is Randy Charlton and Demonte Russell really starting over Jordan Davis? I thought Jordan was the starter until his preseason injury last year.
    That may be more of precautionary in the Spring. That is not the fall two deep. Just a snap shot of what it was this spring. If Jordan is healthy, he could be our best pass rusher and a force of which to be dealt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Good luck with that. You might have to settle for a 1 deep. Not too many folks interested in football anymore and I cant blame them
    you were interested enough to post that shit!

vCash
    Got more than one hater on here.

vCash
    Thanks Hot Rock
    Last edited by Travelingdawg; 07-25-2022 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    There will be 3 times more people attend our first game against Memphis than any baseball game we played in our entire history. We return 18 starters off a 7 win team. Anyone that is a State fan and not interested in this team just wants to be miserable.

vCash
    That defense should be pretty damn salty.

That is as senior laden of a defense as I can remember.

If we get decent OT play next year we should be pretty damn good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    There will be 3 times more people attend our first game against Memphis than any baseball game we played in our entire history. We return 18 starters off a 7 win team. Anyone that is a State fan and not interested in this team just wants to be miserable.
    This. I'm looking forward to the season.

vCash
    Yea I don't get it. 8-4/7-5 just isn't exciting to our fanbase anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That defense should be pretty damn salty.

That is as senior laden of a defense as I can remember.

If we get decent OT play next year we should be pretty damn good.
    Even Dave Bartoo thinks we will have one of the best Ds in the SEC. He thinks we could have a top 20 defense.

We have a WR stable like we've never had and an experienced QB that can get them ball.

I just don't get the Eeyore attitude from some of our "fans".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I just don't get the Eeyore attitude from some of our "fans".
    I think it's just people that are butt hurt because Leach doesn't run their preferred offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I think it's just people that are butt hurt because Leach doesn't run their preferred offense.
    Rep! You nailed it.

vCash
    Before we start bashing Leach and our offense how about we see what happens? Then keep in mind our schedule is pretty brutal this year. Making 8 wins would actually be a good year considering.

Do you want to go back to Mullen QB draws on 3rd and long?

I now expect our receivers to catch the ball which is way different than Mullen where that was maybe 50/50.

Let Leach do his thing. It's not is first rodeo.

vCash
    There will be 3 times more people attend our first game against Memphis than any baseball game we played in our entire history.
    I’ll be surprised if we have almost 50K opening weekend in the heat. Maybe if Memphis travels a little heavier because it’s close.

But as I keep saying- this will be the best team Leach ever coaches at State. Better enjoy it this year. This is a good football team
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Before we start bashing Leach and our offense how about we see what happens? Then keep in mind our schedule is pretty brutal this year. Making 8 wins would actually be a good year considering.

Do you want to go back to Mullen QB draws on 3rd and long?

I now expect our receivers to catch the ball which is way different than Mullen where that was maybe 50/50.

Let Leach do his thing. It's not is first rodeo.
    There is so much wrong with this post I don’t have the time right now to donkeypunch it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is