Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Successful 22 or 22/23 Team Rebuilds - Your Opinion

vCash

Most Successful 22 or 22/23 Team Rebuilds - Your Opinion

Some of this is apples vs. oranges as I know you can rebuild a basketball program much quicker with a couple of star players, but which of the programs do you see with a very successful rebuilt for their next season?

MSU Men's basketball - New HC and many new players.
    MSU Women's basketball - Same as above.
    MSU Baseball - NC Coach and staff but a program will be needed by most fans to learn many new faces.

And hate to bring them up but OM FB - Very easy schedule early in season but can Lane build a team starting in fall practice with what, about 19 new NIL faces? I hope they lose 12.

vCash
    We will be much better in baseball.

Basketball on both sides will be a crapshoot.

Lame will have Mississippi in a bowl again. a 3rd Egg Bowl loss in a row would be very concerning
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think as of now, we're still an NIT basketball team.

Who knows with WBB. I like the new coach, and he's recruited some players in, but I thought NMP was going to be good too, and she sucked.

Not to be dramatic, but I think baseball comes down to if we get Skenes or another ace level pitcher. Without him, we're probably good enough to make it back to a regional. With him, we have a good chance at Omaha.

Kiffin is a good coach and will probably win 8 games this year. One of them better not be vs. us.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think as of now, we're still an NIT basketball team.

Who knows with WBB. I like the new coach, and he's recruited some players in, but I thought NMP was going to be good too, and she sucked.

Not to be dramatic, but I think baseball comes down to if we get Skenes or another ace level pitcher. Without him, we're probably good enough to make it back to a regional. With him, we have a good chance at Omaha.

Kiffin is a good coach and will probably win 8 games this year. One of them better not be vs. us.
    If he doesn't win 8 with their schedule... I'll be shocked lol

vCash
    MBB - we have to hope Jans gets us at least in the NIT
    WBB - Purcell has the talent to have an upper tier SEC/NCAA tourney type team
    Baseball will have something to prove and show that with adequate pitching, a team can go far. I'm expecting a regional and strong shot at a Super.
    Kiffin has it made currently in Oxford complete with an easy front loaded schedule and the only thing that can derail this year is weak play from the QB position.

vCash
    Baseball will be back MSU style.

WBB - got some talent, if coach is what we think, they could make a sweet 16 with some breaks.

MBB - just compete and make NIT, maybe be a bubble team at best.

Football ain't a rebuild. This should be a banner year.

vCash
    Baseball, "we are a baseball school", should be much better, regional bound again.

MBB, maybe a little better "coached Up team", but a bubble team to make tourney.

WBB, biggest question will our new Coach "coach the players up and motivate and still bring discipline?

Football should get 7 wins, on paper much improved, got to run the ball better in red zone, should be much improved with special team play.

Softball, like our coach and what she has done.

Volleyball heard our Coach is good.

Soccer have not a clue! Same for men and women golf.

That is all except track, we aren't very competitive overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Some of this is apples vs. oranges as I know you can rebuild a basketball program much quicker with a couple of star players, but which of the programs do you see with a very successful rebuilt for their next season?

MSU Men's basketball - New HC and many new players.
    MSU Women's basketball - Same as above.
    MSU Baseball - NC Coach and staff but a program will be needed by most fans to learn many new faces.

And hate to bring them up but OM FB - Very easy schedule early in season but can Lane build a team starting in fall practice with what, about 19 new NIL faces? I hope they lose 12.
    For OM football it will all be about what kind of QB play they get on offense. They brought in a ton of talent everywhere else. Got 2 very good RBs out of the portal. Brought in UCF's best WR. Brought in a top TE from Southern Cal. So they replenished everything at the other skill positions. Just a matter of meshing everything together but I will be surprised if their starting QB this year is at the same level that Corral was last year. Having a polished passer like Corral that can also hurt you a lot with this legs as well is not something that comes along every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    For OM football it will all be about what kind of QB play they get on offense. They brought in a ton of talent everywhere else. Got 2 very good RBs out of the portal. Brought in UCF's best WR. Brought in a top TE from Southern Cal. So they replenished everything at the other skill positions. Just a matter of meshing everything together but I will be surprised if their starting QB this year is at the same level that Corral was last year. Having a polished passer like Corral that can also hurt you a lot with this legs as well is not something that comes along every day.
    Read a ?Best Bets? article for the upcoming college football season recently and one of the best bets given was OM total wins under 7.5. Blurb said too many new faces on campus that have to mesh and no QB on roster can hold Corral?s jock strap (paraphrasing). Also said too much of a step up in conference competition will offset the talent coming from lesser leagues. Time will tell, but I found that to be a very interesting synopsis.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Read a ?Best Bets? article for the upcoming college football season recently and one of the best bets given was OM total wins under 7.5. Blurb said too many new faces on campus that have to mesh and no QB on roster can hold Corral?s jock strap (paraphrasing). Also said too much of a step up in conference competition will offset the talent coming from lesser leagues. Time will tell, but I found that to be a very interesting synopsis.
    With our schedule OM is not a 6 win team

With their schedule OM will easily be an 8 win, maybe 9 win team.

vCash
    I think football, womens basketball will see improvement. Baseball I think is too early to know for sure but I hope we see major improvement after that performance last year. Mens bball might be rough for year 1 but I think by Jans year 2 or year 3 we see significant improvement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Yep. Really helps when you get to have 6 games under your belt to get things figured out before you hit the meat of your schedule. Yes, they hit the SEC with game 5 but their first two games are UK at home and Vandy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Yep. Really helps when you get to have 6 games under your belt to get things figured out before you hit the meat of your schedule. Yes, they hit the SEC with game 5 but their first two games are UK at home and Vandy.
    Exactly. They'd lose to Memphis with our schedule and it would be chaos from there on.

vCash
    UK will beat them if the QB situation is jacked up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Yea I don?t really see why people think they will beat UK. I think UK will win 9 or 10 games with their schedule and their returning production. They should be a lot better than Ole Miss this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Just like 1963.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Kentucky has been good at finding ways to lose to Ole Miss the rare times they've played. Like they lost because they missed an extra point and because of a taunting penalty on Kentucky. Then Ole Miss beat them on the last play of the game in 2017 I think it was.

Banned
    vCash
    Troy, FCS, GT, Tulsa is an easy 4-0 start.

Kentucky is a tossup and they'll have had plenty of time to get the wrinkles out.

Vandy is a win. Auburn is likely a win (unless Harsin is already fired by then.) LSU should be a win but could be a tossup.

They have 7 games they should win more than likely. 4 tossups (Egg Bowl, aTm and Ark are late enough in year for them to make up ground). They could very well be the 5-7 basement of the West if the wheels fall off, but their absolute worst case is 5-7. They can steal another SEC win.

vCash
    I have heard that some of the Transfers haven't meshed well. Also hearing Luke is head and shoulders above Dart. Lots of smoke about over paying for ROI.

vCash
    Leach will be looking at his shopping list for Key West instead of play sheet during Egg Bowl.