Thread: Isaiah Zuber signed by LV Raiders

vCash

Isaiah Zuber signed by LV Raiders

Zuber led the USFL in touchdown catches in the past season. One of nine players to sign with NFL so far. Always thought he was under used in JoMo's "wait until the play clock has almost run out, before I outsmart the D and call the play O". Article trending today on Fox.com. Hail Isaiah!

vCash
    Zuber would have been lethal in the Air Raid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Zuber led the USFL in touchdown catches in the past season. One of nine players to sign with NFL so far. Always thought he was under used in JoMo's "wait until the play clock has almost run out, before I outsmart the D and call the play O". Article trending today on Fox.com. Hail Isaiah!
    JoMo underused and misused every player. He's a salesman that can't back up his product. It's gonna be interesting to see how he does at Akron. And, yeah, Zuber would have killed it in the Air Raid.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. Name one player he didn?t underuse? Can?t do it. Maybe the punter?

Aeris was the better choice with Kylin coming in on some packages. He missed that.

He refused to let our OL double on DL against KY.

Wide receivers, not even sure what those mother 17ers were being taught to do.

QB, what a waste.

vCash
    Moorhead destroyed our program. No 1 D in nation in 18 and he lost 5 games. Zuber was one of top WR in Big 12, he couldn't find 2 deep at MSU.

vCash
    It is hard to put into words how horrible of a head coach he was. Did not do one single thing correctly.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    His wife and kids were cool though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    It is hard to put into words how horrible of a head coach he was. Did not do one single thing correctly.
    Heard he interviewed well, guess it was similar to Ed O at OM, (but he didn't tear off his shirt or get into a stance), and LSU! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post

That's why I'm gonna keep an eye on Akron. Like I've said before there's a reason James Franklin was helping this guy pack the moving van and downloading Google maps to Starkville for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's why I'm gonna keep an eye on Akron. Like I've said before there's a reason James Franklin was helping this guy pack the moving van and downloading Google maps to Starkville for him.
    Possibly, but I suspect Joe is a good assistant for the right coach. Franklin is a good coach and probably took some good ideas from Moorhead and shutdown some stupidity and either had somebody else hold players accountable or made sure JoMo didn't let things get out of hand.

Maybe Moorhead has learned and he will do better at his next stop. My guess is that he's just not cut out to be head coach at a program where players aren't self motivated and disciplined and that he is mainly a good assistant for a good head coach.

vCash
    Very bad hire. Croom2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Possibly, but I suspect Joe is a good assistant for the right coach. Franklin is a good coach and probably took some good ideas from Moorhead and shutdown some stupidity and either had somebody else hold players accountable or made sure JoMo didn't let things get out of hand.

Maybe Moorhead has learned and he will do better at his next stop. My guess is that he's just not cut out to be head coach at a program where players aren't self motivated and disciplined and that he is mainly a good assistant for a good head coach.
    I want to wish him well at Akron but if he is successful that opens up the douche bags in the sports media to criticize us. It will be "It's a shame MSU let him go too early." But, if I had to put money on it I say he's gone by the end of year three. He will leave Akron an undisciplined dumpster fire.

vCash
    And yet, so was every other hire that year. Even Mullen is gone from Florida.

I was excited about the hire when it happened. Just about every pundit had him listed as one of the best hires of the year.

That's why I was glad to see Leach come here. He is proven P5 coach that runs a consistent program. Even recruiting has improved everywhere he has been. I know we have a more balanced roster right now than I can remember. The OLine, QB & WR's positions all seem to be deeper at overall higher level of talent. The portal has brought us depth in areas of weakness which is something not available a couple years ago but:

I do see this team lacking super stars 1st rounders. That is the drop off that I don't think anyone can avoid because NIL. This is year 3, no more excuses for losses to Memphis though.