Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bounds drops another recruiting name

vCash
    Because CML and Spurrier know more about WRs than Bo F'n Bounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They sure did!!!!! But in today's world, half of them would transfer out after their sophomore or junior season once they get attention. I hate what is happening to such a great sport.
    This all day. The free agency, uh I mean transfer portal, is ruining college sports. They're gonna have to attach some kind of consequence(such as sitting out a year,etc.). It's a freaking mess! I've always enjoyed watching D2 football, probably be watching more of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Because CML and Spurrier know more about WRs than Bo F'n Bounds.
    Have some REP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This all day. The free agency, uh I mean transfer portal, is ruining college sports. They're gonna have to attach some kind of consequence(such as sitting out a year,etc.). It's a freaking mess! I've always enjoyed watching D2 football, probably be watching more of it.
    Absolutely man!! For some reason I hadn't thought about D2. I'm definitely gonna start watching it more this year.

vCash
    If the kid is so good, why does he have only one offer? A kid that is supposed to be that good would have multiple offers from SEC schools even if he is a dyed-in-the-wool FSU fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah they are but those 2 star kids worked out pretty good didn't they?
    Yeah, we really dominated LSU and Alabama those 9 years with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars. C'mon man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Absolutely man!! For some reason I hadn't thought about D2. I'm definitely gonna start watching it more this year.
    D2 is fun to watch. Kids playing for the love of the game and they play hard, disciplined football. Not a lot of loafers in D2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    D2 is fun to watch. Kids playing for the love of the game and they play hard, disciplined football. Not a lot of loafers in D2.
    I've enjoyed my youngest being at Valdosta - they play a fun brand of football and the school is actually really into it. They even take their marching band on the road, tailgate on game days, etc.

vCash
    If he helps us get Daniel Hill next year then we should offer him today.

I have no idea if that is even remotely true but the WR is fast and a good looking kid. Nobody should be worried about Leach recruiting Wrs. Or OL.

I am worried about some of the off field recruiting staff. There is a lot of rumbles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If he helps us get Daniel Hill next year then we should offer him today.

I have no idea if that is even remotely true but the WR is fast and a good looking kid. Nobody should be worried about Leach recruiting Wrs. Or OL.

I am worried about some of the off field recruiting staff. There is a lot of rumbles
    Do tell

vCash
    One thing I can tell you about recruiting is that Steve nor Bo know how to evaluate recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Because recruiting has changed and it?s driving people crazy. Kiffin and Leach are going to recruit more out of state than in state. Plus now with transfer rules it?s extremely hard for high school coaches to get p5 coaches to look at anyone that isn?t a 4 or 5 star kid. Why risk rolling the dice as a p5 coach on a high school kid when you can get a known commodity from group of 5 in the portal?
    I'm not sure we're really taking fewer in state kids. Here's what I see happening:

QB- Leach is getting better QB's from across the country with a focus more on accuracy and leadership than raw athleticism.

RB- We're being picky but we'll take an in state guy if one fits. We're never going to take a ton of them in a class with this scheme.

WR- Because of Ole Miss having connections plus their obsession in general with wide receivers it makes it very difficult for us to get in state WR's. But because of the scheme we run we will attract WR's from other places that are comparable to the best in Mississippi.

OL- Much better since Hevesy left. We are typically getting 2-3 intriguing OL prospects a cycle and some are in state.

On defense in general- We are recruiting Mississippians at a typical rate which makes sense because historically we have found a ton of talent in state on this side of the ball and have occasionally had elite defenses with this strategy over the years.

So, basically we've achieved much better balance in recruiting which will lead to us having a 2014 type roster of mostly upperclassmen contributing along with the one or two unicorns we find like Chris Jones. That's the type of roster we have to strive for because that is going to give us the best chance to succeed at a high level. Dan would neglect position groups which would create holes on our team- usually at WR or OL- and it killed us against other elite teams.

vCash
    Nah, the last two 2 ⭐️'s we got from Itta Bena didn't work too well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    One thing I can tell you about recruiting is that Steve nor Bo know how to evaluate recruits.
    I trust Steve. To some extent. But Bo doesn't know anything about recruiting. Bo probably didn't even know this WR existed until someone fed him the information. So Bo has dropped two obscure recruiting nuggets recently. Why? Is a cigar boy upset about our recruiting and getting the word out? I have no idea. Just seems like it.

2nd it is odd the kid has only one offer. So I was curious if this was another nil situation. Where a recruit is asking for a ton of money and everyone backs off???? I have no idea. Just asking.

vCash
    For every low rated, under the radar prospect we signed that worked out, I can name 5 that didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I trust Steve. To some extent. But Bo doesn't know anything about recruiting. Bo probably didn't even know this WR existed until someone fed him the information. So Bo has dropped two obscure recruiting nuggets recently. Why? Is a cigar boy upset about our recruiting and getting the word out? I have no idea. Just seems like it.

2nd it is odd the kid has only one offer. So I was curious if this was another nil situation. Where a recruit is asking for a ton of money and everyone backs off???? I have no idea. Just asking.
    Always wondered. How many "cigar boy$" do we have? An estimate is ok.

vCash
    The kid had some speed but he is a safety all day long. We have better WR prospect with better route tree.
    He isn't a need

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, we really dominated LSU and Alabama those 9 years with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars. C'mon man.
    I sure do hate that apparently Mississippi State is the only SEC team that can?t beat the Blue Bloods of the league. I?d be interested to see A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, And even Auburn and Georgia?s records against Alabama and LSU over the last 15 years. I bet Vandy beats them every once in a while too.