Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I get guys not wanting to come back.

Most of them have been to Omaha multiple times, won a National Championship and have left their mark on the program. And then this year had to have been absolutely frustrating and I'm sure they heard and dealt with fan complaints and things like that. And because of that Lemonis is putting almost every spot on the team up for grabs essentially and we're not done with the portal yet. Kam James for example- if he comes back he's going to have to compete with Alford for the third base job and then also fight in the outfield mix as well with Ledbetter, Dakota Jordan, Kellum Clark, and maybe even others. I think Kam would win a spot- but there is some degree of pressure also and not completely a given.
Yes, Players leaving is what must be expected. Anyone staying past 3 years should never be expected, appreciated but not expected. You get drafted high enough after year 3, you gotta go. You may get drafted higher your senior year but they lowball you with signing bonus then because they know you can't go back to school. This stuff should be common knowledge but for some reason it has to be explained over and over.

We hit it just right with the shortened Covid draft to keep Tanner Allen and him going undrafted that year.

Make it clear, i know you know this. It's the ones complaining of guys leaving with eligibility left. That is the system in place.