Thread: MSU Baseball Draft Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Yeah. State fans seem to live in such a vacuum that they probably have no idea that any of this happened and will be wondering why we aren’t dominating every year. Everyone was was hooting and hollering b/c we were going to have NIL for baseball. Who thought lsu, olemiss, Arkansas, etc was going to let MSU outspend them? In this new day and age of sports, we are going to be fighting tooth and nail and won’t be dominating anything on a regular basis.
    So all sports are basically to be given up on now at MSU. Thanks for the heads up*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    So all sports are basically to be given up on now at MSU. Thanks for the heads up*********
    Not at all. I just hate to hear hot seat talk from the fan base after one bad season, especially with all of the intricacies of baseball recruiting, roster turnover, and the draft. Add NIL and the transfer portal to the mix and there are bound to be swings from season to season and the fans need to get a grip on that and that even though we have facilities and fan support, most everyone else in the conference does as well.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 07-20-2022 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    Not at all. I just hate to hear hot seat talk from the fan base after one bad season, especially with all of the intricacies of baseball recruiting, roster turnover, and the draft. Add NIL and the transfer portal to the mix and there are bound to be swings from season to season and the fans need to get a grip on that and that even though we have facilities and fan support, most everyone else in the conference does as well.
    From National Champion to last in the West and not even making Hoover was far more than a "bad season". Hope our 2023 season is a successful rebuild.

vCash
    We've had it happen twice the past 10 years. That's very unacceptable to me. At the same time I will acknowledge that the highs were very, very, very high and the biggest highs we've ever had at MSU. I just think that MSU baseball shouldn't have seasons where we go 26-30. Not with what we have. Yes, everyone else has good facilities and most have some degree of good fan support- but only three schools in the SEC have that at the highest level in the SEC- Arkansas, LSU, and Mississippi State. I'm sorry- I'm not buying the multiple pitcher injuries as "bad luck".

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    From National Champion to last in the West and not even making Hoover was far more than a "bad season". Hope our 2023 season is a successful rebuild.
    Lemonis has responded well in the offseason. I think he rights the ship. He knows what is at stake and I can tell by the types of players we're bringing in that we're going to be more like what we saw from 2016-2021 as far as how we're built.