Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Queen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Enter Sandman or Master of Puppets.
    Enter Sandman shouldn't exist to any rock or metal fan. Now Master of Puppets has potential. My pick would be Hell Awaits, but that would scare most of our own fans away from ever attending another game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Enter Sandman shouldn't exist to any rock or metal fan. Now Master of Puppets has potential. My pick would be Hell Awaits, but that would scare most of our own fans away from ever attending another game.
    Are you kidding? Most true State fans have suffered through more hell than heaven at our sporting events, especially FB!*****Hail State through thick and thin!

vCash
    Trap Game for the win baby!!! I wear my noise canceling ear buds when that shit that shall not be named comes on and listen to for whom the bell tolls. This version. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE

vCash
    Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit

Should be played in all sports, bc we are MSU??and we all want to beat the shit out of something or someone due to incredible frustration over many decades! Plus college sports is nothing but a huge shit show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Its perfect. How can you not get behind Hair of the Dawg for the Dawgs?

That is a T Shirt waiting to sell
    Not family friendly enough for the blue hairs. No way they'd play it....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    There's no denying they are one of the great AOR and classic rock bands of all time. 19 top 40 hits, 25 gold or platinum albums and 100 million albums sold. That puts them in some elite company. Like it or not "DSB" is one of those songs that transcends generations. You immediately know the song when you hear the first couple of notes. It's one of the most downloaded songs ever and at one time was the single most downloaded. I believe it has like 7 million downloads on iTunes and 1 BILLION listens on Spotify. That's some serious air play. Plus, if you grew up in the 80's the girls loved the slow stuff and it put them in the mood if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Mississippi Queen is strong song, but in light of the “sweet" narrative of the country now I don't think it might be the best choice for the DOGS. “Hell's Bell’s" I think would be an incredible 4th quarter song.....Just imagine Davis Wade being shaken to that intro......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Mississippi Queen is strong song, but in light of the “sweet" narrative of the country now I don't think it might be the best choice for the DOGS. “Hell's Bell’s" I think would be an incredible 4th quarter song.....Just imagine Davis Wade being shaken to that intro......
    Oh yeah, Hell's Bells has potential. I like it.

vCash
    Just do For My Dawgs by Waka and be done with. Players will be hype and students will be hype. I could give a crap if Jim Tom who has told the people in front of him to sit down the whole game is pissed.

Honestly if you play anything that will get the students and the players fired up, you are going to piss off 20-25% of the people in the stadium. And if you play whatever they think is a good song or they can pull their phone out and turn on the flashlight(DSB, Low Places, etc.) you can kiss the energy goodbye 95% of the time. Now the comeback to that will be well Bama plays Dixieland Delight, UGA plays Krypton, and LSU plays Louisiana Saturday Night. All of that is correct and they have also had those traditions for longer than 8 years. Hell as much as I may hate OM when they blast Throw It Up in that stadium it gets hype.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCUdawg88 View Post
    Here me out.. you got the Air raid offense, you got Top Gun Maverick just come out. I say for at least this season, do the Top Gun Anthem song as the intro/highlights song leading up to the runout. Then for the 4th Qtr song, do Danger Zone. I think both would sound amazing with cowbells. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCUdawg88 View Post
    Here me out.. you got the Air raid offense, you got Top Gun Maverick just come out. I say for at least this season, do the Top Gun Anthem song as the intro/highlights song leading up to the runout. Then for the 4th Qtr song, do Danger Zone. I think both would sound amazing with cowbells. Just a thought.
    Best idea yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    There's no denying they are one of the great AOR and classic rock bands of all time. 19 top 40 hits, 25 gold or platinum albums and 100 million albums sold. That puts them in some elite company. Like it or not "DSB" is one of those songs that transcends generations. You immediately know the song when you hear the first couple of notes. It's one of the most downloaded songs ever and at one time was the single most downloaded. I believe it has like 7 million downloads on iTunes and 1 BILLION listens on Spotify. That's some serious air play. Plus, if you grew up in the 80's the girls loved the slow stuff and it put them in the mood if you know what I mean.
    Journey is solid and the song is a good one. It is NOT however a song to play at a football game to inspire your team. It's terrible
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Wrong answer Bucky. The legendary Randy Rhoads was the guitar player for Ozzy on Crazy Train and on all of his early albums (still his greatest works). He is considered one of the best rock guitarists of all time and takes a back seat to no one, not Wylde, not EVH. Tragically he was killed in an airplane crash in 1982. Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) finished up the tour and then Jake E. Lee took over.
    You are correct in everything. However, I'd like to add...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You are correct in everything. However, I'd like to add...

And he thought Duane Allman was the best.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...lM7Jg&usqp=CAU

And always

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...tPcdQ&usqp=CAU

RIP Duane Allman

vCash
    Clapton was once asked, "How does it feel to be the best the world's best guitar player"? His response, "IDK, ask Prince".....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stickdawg View Post
    This is great. Maybe not for the 4th qtr song but would be a fun for an intro or pregame.

vCash
    we need to send a message starting the 4th---"It's all over now" Stones

vCash
    Rollin' (Air Raid Mix)

vCash
    Blues Brothers - Everybody needs somebody --- Just because that chorus would be the entire stadium. Akin to Jump Around, to get the crowd yelling.
    This chorus back and forth across the stadium would be loud and cool.

https://youtu.be/EHV0zs0kVGg
    Last edited by Santiago; 07-22-2022 at 10:38 AM.