Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So let's see on baseball.....

vCash

So let's see on baseball.....

Now that the draft is over:

Hancock wasnt drafted just as I figured he would not be. Never understood anybody worrying about that.
    Yeagerbomb going undrafted is very surprising. I would have lost that bet.

Hunt and Jack drafted in the 12th is interesting. Hunt has a big decision depending on what he is offered. He could return and raise his stock for sure with a good, healthy season. Curious to see what they offer him. Jack could return and possibly improve his position as well- but I think it's a bigger roll of the dice for him.

James almost has to return. Thanks to C19 he still has leverage. He needs to show he can play the OF and play it well.

We couldn't have asked for a better draft in recruiting. We have a top 5 recruiting class entering the Fall.

Now- let's see if the staff can pull our final big fish from the portal. Would be a great finish to the offseason and give us some real excitement about 2023.
    Last edited by Coach34; 07-19-2022 at 06:52 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So Yeager is done, counting COVID years and all? I hate we wasted him on that train wreck of a season.

vCash
    Yep, Yeager is done eligibility wise. Hate it for him, he most likely will get signed I hope.

All things are pointing to Fristoe and Hunt not coming back. Hancock is a toss up from what I have heard but I think he is going to move on due to his age.

I honestly don't think James returns either.

vCash
    Losing all 4 of those would hurt big time....We could be very good next year with those guys.....W/O them we'll be bottom half of the league.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I think Luke comes back to catch
    James had a money number supposedly before the draft to get him to leave- and it’s closer to a million than 150K

The pitchers are way more intriguing to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    So Yeager is done, counting COVID years and all? I hate we wasted him on that train wreck of a season.
    What a waste.

vCash
    I believe James is gone. Hunt is likely gone too if he gets any kind of money. Fristoe is gone. Hancock was leaning on leaving but we shall see. Rumor is Brandon Smith doesn't really want to come back, so we'll see on him too.
    We desperately need some pitching. C could get pretty scary. CF is a question mark. Skenes is going on other visits. That's not good.
    But, we cleaned up on our HS guys. FR will need to contribute some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I believe James is gone. Hunt is likely gone too if he gets any kind of money. Fristoe is gone. Hancock was leaning on leaving but we shall see. Rumor is Brandon Smith doesn't really want to come back, so we'll see on him too.
    We desperately need some pitching. C could get pretty scary. CF is a question mark. Skenes is going on other visits. That's not good.
    We build out palace and recruiting gets harder. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yeah out of the bunch listed Fristoe is practically the guarantee to leave so far. The odds with the others are not favorable however I do think we are still gunning hard for Skenes.

I have no idea what Brandon Smith is planning to do

vCash
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that Luke will not be back next year. He is done.

vCash
    Losing all four of those guys should be expected. You cannot stay another year if you get an opportunity to go get paid now. You just can't. If you use up your eligibility you have no leverage when it comes to signing bonuses. You will get lowballed.

As far as Luke is concerned. I know his Dad very well and they are a great family. I have not asked him and don't intend to ask him. I hope he does what's best for Luke. You have to take care of you or nobody else will.

He gave State his all, helped win us a title and if he thinks it's time to move on then so be it. I will forever be a fan. It's up to Lemonis to be prepared for such things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msubaseball5976 View Post
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that Luke will not be back next year. He is done.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeager signed with St. Louis I believe.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Man, I hate that. He was a very dependable player and I was hoping he'd get a decent NIL deal and decide to hang on one more year.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Man, I hate that. He was a very dependable player and I was hoping he'd get a decent NIL deal and decide to hang on one more year.
    He was out of eligibility

vCash
    On Bo Bound's show this AM, Rosebowl said it's better than 50/50 that KC Hunt comes back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    He was out of eligibility
    Salty may have been referring to Hancock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Salty may have been referring to Hancock.
    Yes, I was ..........

vCash
    Wow. Getting a normal job and starting life? Or trying to catch on as a free agent?

vCash
    I certainly hope thats not true. I think it would be a decision he will regret the rest of his life starting about 5 years from now. He has the rest of his life to go work at a job day after day after day after day. While the demands of being a college athlete are high- so are the rewards. Never having the crowd cheer for you and scream your name again becomes something you miss very much, especially the farther you get away from it.

Not to mention coming back and playing for a winning team beats going out on a losing team.