Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way too early bowl predictions

vCash

Way too early bowl predictions

vCash
    I just don't see us at 6-6, but one of those wins better be against TSUN

vCash
    6-6 should be considered a failure with what we have returning and an elite head coach on the sidelines in his third year. Tough schedule my ass.

vCash
    And Birmingham is so lovely that time of year *****
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The folks who make these and get paid for it are stealing

vCash
    My thoughts on our chance for records (like it matters):
    7-5 (45%)
    8-4 (25%)
    6-6 (20%)
    9-3 (5%)
    Anything else (5%)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    And Birmingham is so lovely that time of year *****
    I agree that 6-6 would be a failure as it would essentially be a step back from year 2 with more overall talent for year 3. However, I would attend the Birmingham Bowl because I actually like Birmingham and think there is more to do that Jacksonville or St. Pete or even Memphis. But I think Nashville should be the floor, with Tampa, Houston and Jacksonville in that mix for The Dawgs.

vCash
    The Birmingham Bowl is too conveniently located for most of the conference to be a crap bowl. The SEC should bump it up so that an 8-4/9-3 type team goes there, and has a comparable opponent.

vCash
    Any chance they move the bowl to the new UAB stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Any chance they move the bowl to the new UAB stadium?
    Already played there

vCash
    If we go 6-6, lose our 3rd straight to OM, and end up in Birmingham, the entire year will be a total failure. The interest in playing there, players and fans, will make the recent Liberty bowl look like we actually cared. 6-6 and our program will be at the bottom of the West. 6-6 could mean we won 4 OOC games and went 2-6 in the SEC, only Vandy might be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If we go 6-6, lose our 3rd straight to OM, and end up in Birmingham, the entire year will be a total failure. The interest in playing there, players and fans, will make the recent Liberty bowl look like we actually cared. 6-6 and our program will be at the bottom of the West. 6-6 could mean we won 4 OOC games and went 2-6 in the SEC, only Vandy might be worse.
    That's just unacceptable in year three with the experience we have returning and an elite head coach on the sidelines.

vCash
    If Leach loses the Egg Bowl this year He is gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    If Leach loses the Egg Bowl this year He is gone
    False. If we go 8-4 or 9-3 and one of those losses is to Ole Miss, he isn’t going anywhere. I’d almost put 7-5 on the table as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    False. If we go 8-4 or 9-3 and one of those losses is to Ole Miss, he isn’t going anywhere. I’d almost put 7-5 on the table as well.
    7-5 better have a win over OM or his seat will be hot for 2023.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's just unacceptable in year three with the experience we have returning and an elite head coach on the sidelines.
    If we go 6-6 in this, year 3, his scheme will not work in the SEC and I am a Leach fan. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if our QB was a threat to run every now and then.

vCash
    There seems to be a change in philosophy in that area by Leach at least in 1 or 2 potential QB future candidates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If we go 6-6 in this, year 3, his scheme will not work in the SEC and I am a Leach fan. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if our QB was a threat to run every now and then.
    100% agree. I love Leach but he needs to update his scheme. A true dual threat QB with a good arm and that can run like a gazelle would put this offense on a different level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    100% agree. I love Leach but he needs to update his scheme. A true dual threat QB with a good arm and that can run like a gazelle would put this offense on a different level.
    Yeah, times and the game changes. I remember loving to watch the Bond led wishbone and wishing we would throw a little more, Now, wishing for a little more of the QB run!

vCash
    In his current scheme, I don’t see how teams would legitimately stop a dual threat QB….