Thread: wins vs (FINAL) Top 25 Teams....

vCash

wins vs (FINAL) Top 25 Teams....

I flea'd this from tRant... I do not verify its veracity... ETA over the last decade...

also, 'Cocks doin' werk...

1. Alabama - 39
    2. Ohio St - 30
    3. Georgia - 26
    3. Oklahoma - 26
    5. Clemson - 25
    6. LSU - 20
    7. Notre Dame - 18
    8. Oregon - 16
    8. Stanford - 16
    10. Auburn - 15

Rest of the SEC
    11. South Carolina - 14
    14. Florida - 13
    17. Ole Miss - 12
    17. Texas A&M - 12
    24. Texas - 9
    35. Tennessee - 6
    39. Arkansas - 5
    39. Mississippi St - 5
    46. Kentucky - 4
    46. Missouri - 4
    74. Vanderbilt - 1
    Last edited by TUSK; 07-18-2022 at 10:10 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I've been (mostly) off grid the last couple dozen months... you betta get in game shape, muthaphuka....

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I've been (mostly) off grid the last couple dozen months... you betta get in game shape, muthaphuka....

Ezekiel 25:17....**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ezekiel 25:17....**
    I "see" your Ezekiel bible verse, and "raise" you this un.... Ezekiel 20:29

Come correct, next time....

No.

vCash
    I can't verify any other school, but 5 is the right number for us, as I posted back in January:
    https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...inished-ranked

2014, #22 Auburn, Dan Mullen
    2017, #18 LSU, Dan Mullen
    2018, #16 Texas A&M, Joe Moorhead
    2021, #20 NC State, Mike Leach
    2021, #18 Kentucky, Mike Leach

We would have had a 3rd this past year, but the voters punished Texas A&M for opting out of their bowl. They were the first team out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I can't verify any other school, but 5 is the right number for us, as I posted back in January:
    https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...inished-ranked

2014, #22 Auburn, Dan Mullen
    2017, #18 LSU, Dan Mullen
    2018, #16 Texas A&M, Joe Moorhead
    2021, #20 NC State, Mike Leach
    2021, #18 Kentucky, Mike Leach

We would have had a 3rd this past year, but the voters punished Texas A&M for opting out of their bowl. They were the first team out.
    I can't verify Bammer's number, either, as I'm unable to count beyond 18, thanks to a distillin' accident in '15 and a possum bite back last fall...

No.

vCash
    What gets me is Leach has beaten as many as Mullen in way less time.

Mullen had the best QB we have ever had for several years and only managed one win with him over a top 25 final poll team. Some of that is scheduling and luck but damn. Leach will lap Mullen's wins over top 25 teams by year three and he is just getting started.

You may have hopped off that Leach Band Wagon that lost a couple wheels along the way but me thinks this year will bring a few of you back. At least, I hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    What gets me is Leach has beaten as many as Mullen in way less time.

Mullen had the best QB we have ever had for several years and only managed one win with him over a top 25 final poll team. Some of that is scheduling and luck but damn. Leach will lap Mullen's wins over top 25 teams by year three and he is just getting started.

You may have hopped off that Leach Band Wagon that lost a couple wheels along the way but me thinks this year will bring a few of you back. At least, I hope so.
    Mullen's schedules were bipolar. He'd have games against 3 top 12 teams and then a bunch of mediocre to bad teams.

Also, usually, we are the swing game for a lot of teams seasons. For example, in the past two decades, I am guessing the only time MSU or Arkansas beat the other and the other ended the season ranked was probably 2010. Usually, we're not having a good year if we don't beat Arkansas and vice versa. Same is probably close to true for Auburn. (They beat us in 2009; we beat them in 2014). This will probably be less true with Leach, but still true to an extent. Voters don't like to see 5 out of 7 SEC West teams ranked, so we have had some wins over teams that probably were top 25 talent wise but just got penalized for playing in a brutal SEC.

The SEC West

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Mullen's schedules were bipolar. He'd have games against 3 top 12 teams and then a bunch of mediocre to bad teams.

Also, usually, we are the swing game for a lot of teams seasons. For example, in the past two decades, I am guessing the only time MSU or Arkansas beat the other and the other ended the season ranked was probably 2010. Usually, we're not having a good year if we don't beat Arkansas and vice versa. Same is probably close to true for Auburn. (They beat us in 2009; we beat them in 2014). This will probably be less true with Leach, but still true to an extent. Voters don't like to see 5 out of 7 SEC West teams ranked, so we have had some wins over teams that probably were top 25 talent wise but just got penalized for playing in a brutal SEC.

The SEC West
    Mullen averaged playing 4.4 ranked teams a season. The most we played were 6 in 2014. The least was 3 in 2016. It's hard to have wins against teams "ranked at the end of the season" when you rarely beat teams ranked when you play them.
    And at 7-33 over 9 seasons, Mullen rarely beat ranked teams. I do agree that the brutal SEC schedule is major factor in this. '14 is a great example as we beat 3 teams ranked 8th or better - all in our division - and only 1 finished in the top 25.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18