Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Texas Tech announces an NIL deal

  1. #1
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,465
    vCash
    1000

    Texas Tech announces an NIL deal

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-matador-club

    They got some organization making progress there.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  2. #2
    Senior Member Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,080
    vCash
    458552
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-matador-club

    They got some organization making progress there.
    Craig James money ******

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,110
    vCash
    52714
    Mike Leach sends half his check.**

  4. #4
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,927
    vCash
    53100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Mike Leach sends half his check.**
    that's pretty good, lol.

  5. #5
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,854
    vCash
    1000000
    $25,000????? Hell, they should just offer 'em some crack...



    (not that there's anything wrong with crack... or meth... or moonshine)
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  6. #6
    Tha Winnah! ScoobaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,499
    vCash
    2163236147
    We are behind.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,716
    vCash
    3700
    This is the thing about NIL and how it changes things.

    Back in the good ol' days when people like Ole Miss were giving recruits backpacks full of cash it was individual people.

    Now with NIL it can be individuals donating money to a collective, it can be a business essentially getting players to advertise, or it can former athletes.

    Back in the day when one of our baseball players wanted to help the program they donated a fence like Will Clark or they just built an indoor facility with their name on it like Palmeiro did. Going forward schools are going to ask former players to donate money to NIL for recruiting purposes instead. So like when MSU goes to Landon Sims, Ethan Small, etc. instead of asking them to help build some more skyboxes it's going to be help aid the cause for NIL.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    1,238
    vCash
    5500
    It?s always taken a lot of highly skilled folks to keep those sprinklers running. Good to see they?re finally getting a righteous wage.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,433
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We are behind.....
    Yep

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,798
    vCash
    3200
    Tech is loaded with multi millionaire business minded alums. Mississippi State, not so much.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Ari Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    4,516
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We are behind.....
    We are behind being behind...
    but it’s mot a surprise. We still have Bracky employed for ****s sake.

  12. #12
    Senior Member IMissJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    3100
    These are good numbers for Tech, but I can tell you that it is going to take a lot to get great athletes to go out to Lubbock. The town itself is not bad, but it is a long way from anything. I live in Houston, and it is closer to get to Starkville than Lubbock. Not to mention, there are a lot of other worthwhile destinations within 10.5 hours.

  13. #13
    Senior Member IMissJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Tech is loaded with multi millionaire business minded alums. Mississippi State, not so much.
    MSU has successful alumni, but MSU has got to change its mindset from being so locally oriented. We are a regional and to a smaller extent national university now. I would say at least half of our alums live outside Mississippi, and probably close to half of new students are from out of state ( I don't know the actual numbers, but going by the plates in my son's dorm last year). I got the alumnus magazine this week, and it recognized young alumni of the year. Now this is nothing against the people recognized, I'm sure they are all great...but three of the noted alums were from Starkville, and one from Eupora. We have alumni living all over the US, working for the biggest and best firms in the country. Let's be real here.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,375
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    MSU has successful alumni, but MSU has got to change its mindset from being so locally oriented. We are a regional and to a smaller extent national university now. I would say at least half of our alums live outside Mississippi, and probably close to half of new students are from out of state ( I don't know the actual numbers, but going by the plates in my son's dorm last year). I got the alumnus magazine this week, and it recognized young alumni of the year. Now this is nothing against the people recognized, I'm sure they are all great...but three of the noted alums were from Starkville, and one from Eupora. We have alumni living all over the US, working for the biggest and best firms in the country. Let's be real here.
    That is very interesting about all the out of state students. When I was at State in the late 2000s almost the entire student body was from Mississippi with a few from West Alabama or Tennessee. There must have been a major shift because it used to be Ole Miss got a lot more out of state kids from Texas and Tennessee. I was a big outlier being from Southwest Pennsylvania. I barely knew anyone from outside a 3-4 hour radius of Starkville

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,440
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    We are behind being behind...
    but it’s mot a surprise. We still have Bracky employed for ****s sake.
    Bracky is no longer in office with admissions in athletics. Just FYI.
    Also, yea we were behind but we got organized and we hired new people and things are moving.

  16. #16
    Senior Member IMissJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That is very interesting about all the out of state students. When I was at State in the late 2000s almost the entire student body was from Mississippi with a few from West Alabama or Tennessee. There must have been a major shift because it used to be Ole Miss got a lot more out of state kids from Texas and Tennessee. I was a big outlier being from Southwest Pennsylvania. I barely knew anyone from outside a 3-4 hour radius of Starkville
    There are not enough alumni kids living in MS now to supply MSU, OM, and USM with 20,000 plus students.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    519
    vCash
    3000
    Do we have any large business stepping up to cover each player for an entire sport for a set dollar amount?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.