Thread: OT- DWS RV help

vCash

OT- DWS RV help

I?m seriously considering getting an RV for the upcoming football season so we can come a little earlier in the week and leave as we please. Any help or recommendations on how/where to get parking passes for these. Or any suggestions on the easiest way to make this our best game day experience would be helpful. Thanks!

vCash
    You can call the Bulldog club about a spot on campus, but it's kind of like getting a LFL spot. They're booked and people don't seem to give them up. The other downside to being on campus is that there is no sewer hook up; power and water only. You'll be fine for a couple of days but anything over that may be an issue. You can always get in at the Horse Park but some of those spots have full hookups and some do not. Technically you're on campus but that's still way out from "campus".

Recommend the KOA off of 82. It's about 5 miles outside of town but it's nice and easy access to and from campus. We've had a spot there for years. We book our spot for the whole football season and just leave it there. Done it for years and never had an issue. $500/month to leave it there hooked up. Runs about $100 for just a weekend. Figured it up once and it was only costing me like $200 extra $ to leave it there once I figured up fuel running it back and forth. So I look at the $200 as a convenience fee.

Fun fact is that it's owned by Rick Stansbury...his wife is actually the person that handles the long time reservations.
    Last edited by Randolph Dupree; 07-27-2022 at 09:21 AM.

vCash
    Also, "on campus" parking just got a little slimmer... The new road from Bulldog Club to new parking garage took out about 15-20 spots in Lot #38 (including mine).

Bulldog Club moved me to Lot #26 (In front of Palmeiro Center) but I'm not sure I'm going to park there this year. When I found out about Lot #38 being reduced I bought a spot at Starkville Station and may just stay there.

vCash
    Better check soon with horse park they book up pretty quickly. Graduated three kids from MSU was there quite a bit. So we did r/v and enjoyed it a lot. Have many fond memories of games and family gatherings. One year a guy in lot #38 sold his r/v and sold me his spot for the year. We also used to dry camp (no water, electricity or sewer) over at the intramural fields across the road from the Vet school. Don?t know if they allow that any more.

vCash
    Moreland Storage out on Old Hwy 25 has some full hookups, we parked there a couple of years ago. Indian Mound at Clayton Villiage (a little past the Golf Course) also has full hookups and is pretty convenient to DWS.