Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 224

Thread: MLB Draft

  1. #201
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Something to remember about guys drafted rounds 11-20. The most they can get is150k(last year it was 125k). Last year less than half of those players drafted got the full amount. Quite a few got as little as 20-30k. The average was about 75k. Just because mlb teams can pay as much as 150k doesn't mean they will.
    Exactly. That's why I'll be surprised if we lose all 4 of them.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  2. #202
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I expect him to sign
    Then he really wants out of Sville
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,870
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Something to remember about guys drafted rounds 11-20. The most they can get is150k(last year it was 125k). Last year less than half of those players drafted got the full amount. Quite a few got as little as 20-30k. The average was about 75k. Just because mlb teams can pay as much as 150k doesn't mean they will.
    Agreed Commerce. A lot of guys are only offered $25,000 take it or leave it. One note is that I think a team can pay over $150K. But if they do, any amount over the $150k counts toward the slot pool. So you would only offer over $150,000 to a round 11-20 player if you had left over slot money from rounds 1-10. But offering a round 11-20 player LESS than $150K does not give you extra money to spend elsewhere. I could be somewhat wrong on this, but it probably won't matter in the case of Hunt, Fristoe, and James anyway.

  4. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    2.26mil slot value, but he won't get close to that. Congrats tho Lando. Go be great!
    Nice call. He got $2,347,050. Almost $100k OVER slot.

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,382
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Agreed Commerce. A lot of guys are only offered $25,000 take it or leave it. One note is that I think a team can pay over $150K. But if they do, any amount over the $150k counts toward the slot pool. So you would only offer over $150,000 to a round 11-20 player if you had left over slot money from rounds 1-10. But offering a round 11-20 player LESS than $150K does not give you extra money to spend elsewhere. I could be somewhat wrong on this, but it probably won't matter in the case of Hunt, Fristoe, and James anyway.
    Teams can definitely pay more than 150K. Mari Boyd was an 11th rounder and just signed for 647,500.

  6. #206
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    lol- James already has Tampa Bay Organization on his Twitter but no announcement of that paycheck he got....interesting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lol- James already has Tampa Bay Organization on his Twitter but no announcement of that paycheck he got....interesting
    It will be announced. He's among several guys that signed that it says has agreed to terms, on mlb. But the amount isn't out yet. It will be. It's public knowledge

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Teams can definitely pay more than 150K. Mari Boyd was an 11th rounder and just signed for 647,500.
    If they paid him that, they have lost their minds.... he had zero leverage. Well, not true, he could have gone to juco.... but that's nuts. He can run like the wind... avg arm at best, .... below avg hitter and won't project to be above avg ever I don't even think avg. and same w power.
    ETA forgot who drafted him. Phillies. Go figure.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 07-26-2022 at 09:50 PM.

  9. #209
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Nice call. He got $2,347,050. Almost $100k OVER slot.
    Yeah pretty much everyone knew he'd get a little over slot, well accept for one or two.

  10. #210
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Teams can definitely pay more than 150K. Mari Boyd was an 11th rounder and just signed for 647,500.
    They can but very very few teams do. in fact less than half the players even get the 150k. Most are gonna get 50-75k. Just go look at what guys in rounds 11-20 got in the last couple years.

  11. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah pretty much everyone knew he'd get a little over slot, well accept for one or two.
    Yeah the slot value was a minimum value for Sims. I talked directly to the head of SA for the Reds and he told me straight to my face that he didn’t think they could afford Sims at 32. They definitely wanted him and I was also told that LoTan would sign for anything 6 figures and check it out, he signed for less than slot value for his spot.

    We have some pretty well connected people on here but we also have a lot of blowhards as well.

  12. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    Considering they signed pick 18 at almost 2 million over slot they had to look elsewhere otherwise Sims would be in Reds organization along with LoTan.

  13. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,550
    vCash
    203638
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah pretty much everyone knew he'd get a little over slot, well accept for one or two.
    Glad he did. I was wrong. Very happy for him.

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,382
    vCash
    2510
    12th rounder Jackson Fristoe signs for $272,500. Good for him!

  15. #215
    Tha Winnah! ScoobaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,501
    vCash
    2163236147
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    12th rounder Jackson Fristoe signs for $272,500. Good for him!
    Yep really hope they can help him put it together... Got some special talent if he can get his head right

  16. #216
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    Good for Jack. Hopefully they can get him straight
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  17. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,382
    vCash
    2510
    Josh Hatcher, 10th rounder, signs for $1,000. Damn.

  18. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Josh Hatcher, 10th rounder, signs for $1,000. Damn.
    That's why they take him in that slot. To save 150k for another guy. He had no choice

  19. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,382
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's why they take him in that slot. To save 150k for another guy. He had no choice
    I know, but they could have thrown him a bone and given him 10K. I guess he can always say he was a 10th round draft pick.

  20. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I know, but they could have thrown him a bone and given him 10K. I guess he can always say he was a 10th round draft pick.
    go look, there are lots of guys getting 2500 to sign. dodger's had at least two i know in the first 10 rounds.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 07-27-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.