Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 224

Thread: MLB Draft

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The reason I say ten is bc if a team goes and picks 3 college srs in rounds 3-5 they've saved a lot of money. Then pick a flyer in round 8 or 9 they can pay him lots. But your point is spot on.
    Exactly, but if you go hs rounds 1 and 2 then go after a SO in college at round 3 you are not getting a discount. The discount come from 4th and 5th year college guys. Don’t get me wrong, I would be shocked to see Sims back BUT with the amount of HS guys going there won’t be many discounts early.

  2. #42
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,986
    vCash
    2610
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The reason I say ten is bc if a team goes and picks 3 college srs in rounds 3-5 they've saved a lot of money. Then pick a flyer in round 8 or 9 they can pay him lots. But your point is spot on.
    Gray Fenter is this. 7th round and got I believe 2 million. We all thought we had him when he dropped that far until we heard how much above slot he was going to get.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,943
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If you're recruiting properly, it SHOULD happen every year. Every single year. Just like vandy, lsu. They will lose plenty. Sign the best and go from there.
    Yeah, heck Om has about 5 commits ranked in top 3 rounds.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    Sims aint coming back. Give that up.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    Just relaying what a scout told me this morning. The Reds don’t believe they could sign him. Take it for what it is worth.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    For those paying attention, vandy has lost 4 guys already. They do every year. They don't get everyone, never do. They just sign more than everyone else.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    1,243
    vCash
    5500
    I hope the Astros rue the day they drafted that TN putz.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Just relaying what a scout told me this morning. The Reds don’t believe they could sign him. Take it for what it is worth.
    Ha the reds, I'm sure they want 50 cents on the dollar , there is a reason they suck every year. Heck he probably told them he wanted 4 million so he wouldn't have to play for them!!!!����.... sims is going to sign.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Ha the reds, I'm sure they want 50 cents on the dollar , there is a reason they suck every year. Heck he probably told them he wanted 4 million so he wouldn't have to play for them!!!!����.... sims is going to sign.
    haha- yeah. Anybody thinking MLB wont get Sims is kidding themselves. We could NIL him for maybe 150K- MLB is going to give him a million plus. Best of luck to him
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    Zona great pick by them.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    I said 36. Guess I wasn't to far off. ... but the reds ....

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,411
    vCash
    966500
    Congrats Lando.

    Go be great.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    Homedawg you can say what you want but I know for a fact that he was looked at very very very hard about 3 picks earlier but they were afraid of his number.

    BTW the “source” has been a scout for 35 years. He has probably forgotten more stuff about professional baseball than a lot of us combined know of baseball. And I have a little length to my teeth on pro ball.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Homedawg you can say what you want but I know for a fact that he was looked at very very very hard about 3 picks earlier but they were afraid of his number.

    BTW the “source” has been a scout for 35 years. He has probably forgotten more stuff about professional baseball than a lot of us combined know of baseball. And I have a little length to my teeth on pro ball.
    Ok great.... he won't be here next year. Guess I know more about this situation than him or you.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,490
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Homedawg you can say what you want but I know for a fact that he was looked at very very very hard about 3 picks earlier but they were afraid of his number.

    BTW the “source” has been a scout for 35 years. He has probably forgotten more stuff about professional baseball than a lot of us combined know of baseball. And I have a little length to my teeth on pro ball.
    say what you want- but Sims is about to sign with Arizona for alot of money. You were simply- wrong
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    How was I wrong? I said what the rumor was and yes pick 60 was going to be the cutoff.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,550
    vCash
    203638
    2.26mil slot value, but he won't get close to that. Congrats tho Lando. Go be great!

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3275
    All I know was 1.8 plus was not going to be an option for the Reds. That was the number I was told a little less than 12 hours ago and that was for 32nd.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    3000
    You also said he was looked at hard 3 picks earlier but his number scared that team off.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,911
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    2.26mil slot value, but he won't get close to that. Congrats tho Lando. Go be great!
    He'll get close to that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.