Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The reason I say ten is bc if a team goes and picks 3 college srs in rounds 3-5 they've saved a lot of money. Then pick a flyer in round 8 or 9 they can pay him lots. But your point is spot on.
    Exactly, but if you go hs rounds 1 and 2 then go after a SO in college at round 3 you are not getting a discount. The discount come from 4th and 5th year college guys. Don’t get me wrong, I would be shocked to see Sims back BUT with the amount of HS guys going there won’t be many discounts early.

vCash
    The reason I say ten is bc if a team goes and picks 3 college srs in rounds 3-5 they've saved a lot of money. Then pick a flyer in round 8 or 9 they can pay him lots. But your point is spot on.
    Gray Fenter is this. 7th round and got I believe 2 million. We all thought we had him when he dropped that far until we heard how much above slot he was going to get.

vCash
    If you're recruiting properly, it SHOULD happen every year. Every single year. Just like vandy, lsu. They will lose plenty. Sign the best and go from there.
    Yeah, heck Om has about 5 commits ranked in top 3 rounds.

vCash
    Sims aint coming back. Give that up.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Just relaying what a scout told me this morning. The Reds don’t believe they could sign him. Take it for what it is worth.

vCash
    For those paying attention, vandy has lost 4 guys already. They do every year. They don't get everyone, never do. They just sign more than everyone else.

vCash
    I hope the Astros rue the day they drafted that TN putz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Just relaying what a scout told me this morning. The Reds don’t believe they could sign him. Take it for what it is worth.
    Ha the reds, I'm sure they want 50 cents on the dollar , there is a reason they suck every year. Heck he probably told them he wanted 4 million so he wouldn't have to play for them!!!!����.... sims is going to sign.

vCash
    Ha the reds, I'm sure they want 50 cents on the dollar , there is a reason they suck every year. Heck he probably told them he wanted 4 million so he wouldn't have to play for them!!!!����.... sims is going to sign.
    haha- yeah. Anybody thinking MLB wont get Sims is kidding themselves. We could NIL him for maybe 150K- MLB is going to give him a million plus. Best of luck to him

vCash
    Zona great pick by them.

vCash
    I said 36. Guess I wasn't to far off. ... but the reds ....

vCash
    Congrats Lando.

Go be great.

vCash
    Homedawg you can say what you want but I know for a fact that he was looked at very very very hard about 3 picks earlier but they were afraid of his number.

BTW the “source” has been a scout for 35 years. He has probably forgotten more stuff about professional baseball than a lot of us combined know of baseball. And I have a little length to my teeth on pro ball.

vCash
    Homedawg you can say what you want but I know for a fact that he was looked at very very very hard about 3 picks earlier but they were afraid of his number.

BTW the “source” has been a scout for 35 years. He has probably forgotten more stuff about professional baseball than a lot of us combined know of baseball. And I have a little length to my teeth on pro ball.
    Ok great.... he won't be here next year. Guess I know more about this situation than him or you.

vCash

say what you want- but Sims is about to sign with Arizona for alot of money. You were simply- wrong

vCash
    How was I wrong? I said what the rumor was and yes pick 60 was going to be the cutoff.

vCash
    2.26mil slot value, but he won't get close to that. Congrats tho Lando. Go be great!

vCash
    All I know was 1.8 plus was not going to be an option for the Reds. That was the number I was told a little less than 12 hours ago and that was for 32nd.

vCash
    You also said he was looked at hard 3 picks earlier but his number scared that team off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    2.26mil slot value, but he won't get close to that. Congrats tho Lando. Go be great!
    He'll get close to that.