Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uniform Concepts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I have no idea who was responsible, but it was a very dumb idea so that makes sense.
    I read somewhere that Richard Williams designed it on a napkin, no kidding. Is there a real story somewhere? I also read there was a goal of blanket use by all sports and baseball pitched a fit, thus saving the MS. People who loved and love other sports should also speak up and bring overdue change. Story is around we lost the interlocking MSU when we dropped Nike or they dropped us. Heard Montana State owned it. Can't tell me it can't be used with some adjustments. Ole Miss was using the "M" before us and we throw a State Banner across it. I graduated from State or Mississippi State, not MState!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    https://www.hailstateunis.com/footba...m-history.html

Seems placed on football helmet 2004
    Thanks, read it all. Still can't believe NIKE could own all variations of the interlocking MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I read somewhere that Richard Williams designed it on a napkin, no kidding. Is there a real story somewhere? I also read there was a goal of blanket use by all sports and baseball pitched a fit, thus saving the MS. People who loved and love other sports should also speak up and bring overdue change. Story is around we lost the interlocking MSU when we dropped Nike or they dropped us. Heard Montana State owned it. Can't tell me it can't be used with some adjustments. Ole Miss was using the "M" before us and we throw a State Banner across it. I graduated from State or Mississippi State, not MState!
    I think more of that story was Richard was friends with the track coach and went out to see a meet and Marshall was there. The idea came from Marshall Track with the banner. We contacted Marshall , I think, regarding that.
    But either case we took it from seeing Marshall use the clip art.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Of course not. We are STATE and should brand ourselves that way. Michigan State may also be "state," (i have no idea) but our paths rarely cross. NC State and Oklahoma State are not commonly referred to as "state." Mississippi is just too long of a word and doesn't roll off the tongue.
    'Sip State'

vCash
    The MState logo has been plastered everywhere except for baseball. I went to Mississippi State or just State when asked. In conversation about our school or its athletics, I have never heard anyone reference MState this or MState that. It is one of the worse logos in the SEC. Even the Flying M would say more. I have never liked the MState. What is its history and who made the decision for the change? I know a little and I don't think it was ever fan or alumni driven. Hail State, MSU, and Mississippi State University!
    Flying M would be great for some uses. We don't have to plaster it everywhere, but use it more strategically for connection with academics also.
    State is a good one, and the M over S.
    I still think the Flying M, modify it to be a little large on the helmets, and put it on a maroon helmet and it would look cool some games with our air raid offense.

vCash
    The MS / MSU helmets of the Threadgill, Bond era and the simple white jersey white tog / maroon jersey uni’s were and are still incredible.The matte helmets, camouflage, black influx is ridiculous. Maroon/ white are the DOGS colors......period.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 07-20-2022 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    Personally id like to see mossy oak create a alternate football kind of like they did for baseball. itd be cool and there is probably some nil money in there for those that are smarter than me to know how that works, itd be sweet
    Please no

vCash
    Thanks, read it all. Still can't believe NIKE could own all variations of the interlocking MSU.
    I mean it's not surprising that they would own our 1990's version of the interlocking MSU. That doesn't mean that Adidas couldn't come up with their own. And I'm not blaming Adidas- I believe they were given marching orders from MSU. There are several variations of an interlocking MSU logo and a M-State logo.

I think both could co-exist. This branding silliness needs to stop as it hasn't worked as evidenced by the fact that even the Clarion-Ledger can't keep us straight.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Of course not. We are STATE and should brand ourselves that way. Michigan State may also be "state," (i have no idea) but our paths rarely cross. NC State and Oklahoma State are not commonly referred to as "state." Mississippi is just too long of a word and doesn't roll off the tongue.
    Who gives two shits what other people call their university. If you polled 1000 people in Mississippi that pay attention to college sports to name the three big Universities in the State of Mississippi they tell you Ole Miss, State or MSU, and Southern Miss
    Downvotes_Hype