Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uniform Concepts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    According to Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ootball&geo=US

"State" is used most often by Ohio, Iowa, Mississippi, Michigan, Idaho. However, all of those are adjusted for population, meaning Michigan is going to be ahead of us and Pennsylvania too.
    I’m not buying that. Nobody calls Iowa state “state”, and I never hear the Ohio state univ called “state” either. MSU gets confused at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I’m not buying that. Nobody calls Iowa state “state”, and I never hear the Ohio state univ called “state” either. MSU gets confused at times.
    Of course not. We are STATE and should brand ourselves that way. Michigan State may also be "state," (i have no idea) but our paths rarely cross. NC State and Oklahoma State are not commonly referred to as "state." Mississippi is just too long of a word and doesn't roll off the tongue.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Not just no. But absolutely 17 no. No recruit that we might actually want to play for us is going to see us come out in camo, CAMO, uniforms and think damn I really want to go play for that school.
    To be fair, they wouldn't be able to see us in the uniforms. Leach would go for it for the competitive advantage.

vCash
    I think we should take a cue from Jules in Pulp Fiction and use what he had on his wallet. Imagine this across the chest of our uniforms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I think I agree with you on Ohio State (and Ohio may be dark due to Michigan State fans living in Ohio?), but I did have it in my mind that Iowa State goes by "State" up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Not just no. But absolutely 17 no. No recruit that we might actually want to play for us is going to see us come out in camo, CAMO, uniforms and think damn I really want to go play for that school.
    have you seen our croots? I am not sure you have we get them meat and tater boys and theyd love it we dont have to wear them every game. it wouldnt be a turnoff for one game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think I agree with you on Ohio State (and Ohio may be dark due to Michigan State fans living in Ohio?), but I did have it in my mind that Iowa State goes by "State" up there.
    I lived in Iowa for 3 years and never heard it even one time

vCash
    I don't think any of this matters. The SEC knows who STATE is, Mississippi State!!!!

vCash
    In my 53 years on this Earth- I've never heard us referred to as "M-State"

I do live in Louisiana and they call us State or Miss State.
    I went to the beach in Gulf Shores and the day I wore a maroon shirt? People interacted with me as "**** State" or "Screw those Bulldogs"

We are STATE....we will never be MState
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I went to the beach in Gulf Shores and the day I wore a maroon shirt? People interacted with me as "**** State" or "Screw those Bulldogs"

Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I hope you replied back that you can't **** State because your mom is too busy doing that right now. She started with the basketball team and has currently made it to the backups of the football team.

vCash
    My reply was "go back to the doublewide methhead"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Our helmets are trash. Got to upgrade. Recruits and fans care about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Our helmets are trash. Got to upgrade. Recruits and fans care about this.
    The MState logo has been plastered everywhere except for baseball. I went to Mississippi State or just State when asked. In conversation about our school or its athletics, I have never heard anyone reference MState this or MState that. It is one of the worse logos in the SEC. Even the Flying M would say more. I have never liked the MState. What is its history and who made the decision for the change? I know a little and I don't think it was ever fan or alumni driven. Hail State, MSU, and Mississippi State University!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    The MState logo has been plastered everywhere except for baseball. I went to Mississippi State or just State when asked. In conversation about our school or its athletics, I have never heard anyone reference MState this or MState that. It is one of the worse logos in the SEC. Even the Flying M would say more. I have never liked the MState. What is its history and who made the decision for the change? I know a little and I don't think it was ever fan or alumni driven. Hail State, MSU, and Mississippi State University!
    Good post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Always heard it was Templeton that did it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Always heard it was Templeton that did it
    I have no idea who was responsible, but it was a very dumb idea so that makes sense.

vCash
    https://www.hailstateunis.com/footba...m-history.html

Seems placed on football helmet 2004

vCash
    Our logo sucks. Looks like a butterfly. I get that it's been marketed everywhere for awhile now, but sometimes a re-branding is needed.

Whether it be the interlocking logo, m over s, or something new, this needs to be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Our logo sucks. Looks like a butterfly. I get that it's been marketed everywhere for awhile now, but sometimes a re-branding is needed.

Whether it be the interlocking logo, m over s, or something new, this needs to be done.
    ASAP!