Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uniform Concepts

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Uniform Concepts

So is Chillibilly still alive? Haven?t seen his yearly, ?this is what we should do? post. Adidas should just hire him to design our uniforms and be done with it. The best uniform we have had in recent years was the Sonny Montgomery uni. Loved the STATE across the chest.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Amen…. That was the best uniform we have ever worn. It was a home run and was a great tip of the cap to the AF. I wish I could buy the helmet.

vCash

vCash
    If we had someone in our marketing with a vision we should try to market the heck out of STATE

vCash
    I don't like Texas A&M but I do like their new uniforms. Very simple- Maroon jerseys, white pants, maroon helmet at home. White on white, maroon helmet on the road. Like we had in the Tyler years.

vCash
    Personally id like to see mossy oak create a alternate football kind of like they did for baseball. itd be cool and there is probably some nil money in there for those that are smarter than me to know how that works, itd be sweet

vCash
    I love STATE across the chest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    Personally id like to see mossy oak create a alternate football kind of like they did for baseball. itd be cool and there is probably some nil money in there for those that are smarter than me to know how that works, itd be sweet
    Would be cool.

Banned
    vCash
    Take out the banner Mississippi State on the chest and replace it with a White block STATE like on the Montgomery jerseys for the MoverS helmet look and that's our best uni combo.

Though personally I'd love a white hat, maroon sticker version of it too. White/Maroon/White or Gray is my personal favorite combo. 2020 LSU, our unis looked so good.

vCash
    Wow, I'm the 10th post and get to be the 1st to say: "I don't care what we wear long as we win or I'm good long as the players like the uniforms." JMO, but I have never liked the MState banner. Can we not have the interlocking MSU helmet and Jackie era uni's on a throwback theme game every once in a while. We've certainly wore all kinds of uniforms, good and bad except them. Hail State and don't tell me it's owned by Montana State or someone!

vCash
    Yeah, we should brand ourselves as "State."

That's what a lot of people call us anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yeah, we should brand ourselves as "State."

That's what a lot of people call us anyway
    And how we reply ourselves. Has any State grad ever been asked where he or she went to school and replied "MState"? No, you reply State or Mississippi State. OM comes out with their "M" and we come late to the party and put the State banner across it. Most of the country doesn't know who either are. Hail State not Hail MState!

vCash
    That is what alot of people around MS call us. I have traveled around a lot and I have to say that Michigan State goes by State in a lot more states than we do. They pretty much wear state on most of their uniforms. I think there might be some regional bias involved here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    That is what alot of people around MS call us. I have traveled around a lot and I have to say that Michigan State goes by State in a lot more states than we do. They pretty much wear state on most of their uniforms. I think there might be some regional bias involved here.
    100%. No one in the Southeast thinks Michigan State when "State" is mentioned in regard to college athletics or our educational programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I love STATE across the chest.
    Agree, another vote to get rid of the banner and go with State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Agree, another vote to get rid of the banner and go with State
    AMEN. Especially with it (banner) not even being centered properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I don't like Texas A&M but I do like their new uniforms. Very simple- Maroon jerseys, white pants, maroon helmet at home. White on white, maroon helmet on the road. Like we had in the Tyler years.
    If you Google the 2022 unis, you will also see white helmets (YUCK!!) and maroon pants (love 'em).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    If you Google the 2022 unis, you will also see white helmets (YUCK!!) and maroon pants (love 'em).
    I'm with you, hate white helmets. Would only wear on road and only if home team is wearing dark helmets.

vCash
    According to Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ootball&geo=US

"State" is used most often by Ohio, Iowa, Mississippi, Michigan, Idaho. However, all of those are adjusted for population, meaning Michigan is going to be ahead of us and Pennsylvania too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    Not just no. But absolutely 17 no. No recruit that we might actually want to play for us is going to see us come out in camo, CAMO, uniforms and think damn I really want to go play for that school.