Thread: Chris parson

vCash

Chris parson

De commit from fsu. Says we're trending. A lot of time between now and signing day.

Do we land him
    Could he be the difference maker to make leach offense work in the SEC?

vCash
    Last time I checked our offense worked in the SEC. Ask LSU, Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Auburn.

As it is- yes I believe we land him.

vCash

Was looking at the other schools interested in him

And noticed TCU has 15 QBs on their current roster! Little sister um has 12.
    It states MSU only has 4, thought we had a room full according to some here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    And noticed TCU has 15 QBs on their current roster! Little sister um has 12.
    It states MSU only has 4, thought we had a room full according to some here.
    When 11 of them are non scholarship it really doesn't matter.

vCash
    If he comes to State it will be because of CML.

vCash
    Going to see a few QBs exit the room at some point in the next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Last time I checked our offense worked in the SEC. Ask LSU, Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Auburn.

As it is- yes I believe we land him.
    *take the breaks off. Having a qb that can really run would really put us on a different level I believe. Not saying go to a rpo but use the yard they give us and make Defense honest which gives wr more room and better chance of improving yac

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    *take the breaks off. Having a qb that can really run would really put us on a different level I believe. Not saying go to a rpo but use the yard they give us and make Defense honest which gives wr more room and better chance of improving yac
    I hope you are right, but I don't see Leach changing offenses and incorporating a running QB at all. Maybe a QB that could be a little mobile in the pocket.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    We got offers out to Parson and Petty at Starkville. These are not the traditional pocket passers.

vCash
    Will run same offense with designed runs for q b and as q b gains trust of leach will get the green light to improvise and run. It will be drilled in the q b s head to stay in the pocket and go through the progressions for a while to start with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Will run same offense with designed runs for q b and as q b gains trust of leach will get the green light to improvise and run. It will be drilled in the q b s head to stay in the pocket and go through the progressions for a while to start with.
    I think once we get to this point with a qb and one that can pull it off, we'll see how far this offense can go in the sec

vCash
    The NFL is full of pass first guys that can run. Guys I think about are Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott. Those guys have longer careers in the NFL than the guys that take lots of hits like Cam or Lamar.

I like the way Russell Wilson does it, he does not take hits and gets you a 1st down.

That's what I think Leach is looking with these next two QB's. They will be taught his offense but... you do that Cover 3 crap or when a play breaks down, he can escape and give you something or possibly take it to the house. I don't see him changing his offense drastically but I do see a dual threat guy adding another dimension that can make this offense even tougher to stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    The NFL is full of pass first guys that can run. Guys I think about are Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott. Those guys have longer careers in the NFL than the guys that take lots of hits like Cam or Lamar.

I like the way Russell Wilson does it, he does not take hits and gets you a 1st down.

That's what I think Leach is looking with these next two QB's. They will be taught his offense but... you do that Cover 3 crap or when a play breaks down, he can escape and give you something or possibly take it to the house. I don't see him changing his offense drastically but I do see a dual threat guy adding another dimension that can make this offense even tougher to stop.
    I thought that with Garrett Shrader but he never even got a chance ... It makes a lot of sense to me to utilize a dual threat guy but I'm not Leach. Dak would have been awesome in this offense but has Leach ever used a dual threat QB before ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I thought that with Garrett Shrader but he never even got a chance ... It makes a lot of sense to me to utilize a dual threat guy but I'm not Leach. Dak would have been awesome in this offense but has Leach ever used a dual threat QB before ?
    He was given a chance. He got outworked by a true freshman. But he had a chance. He is not exactly throwing precise darts in the Syracuse offense either. Opponents just stack the box on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    He was given a chance. He got outworked by a true freshman. But he had a chance. He is not exactly throwing precise darts in the Syracuse offense either. Opponents just stack the box on him.
    he may have had a chance but considering how quickly he transferred out it couldn't have been much of a chance. And he was accurate enough to hit 5 yard passes.... my point is I don't think Leach looks for a dual threat type. I am glad Will stepped up and took the starting job but that battle was long before Will became the starter
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    he may have had a chance but considering how quickly he transferred out it couldn't have been much of a chance. And he was accurate enough to hit 5 yard passes.... my point is I don't think Leach looks for a dual threat type. I am glad Will stepped up and took the starting job but that battle was long before Will became the starter
    Garrett was pretty pedestrian at Syracuse. I watched most of their games b/c one of their QBs is the son of a coworker. GS had some accuracy problems.

vCash
    He has recruited some but they never made it to starter. You have to be able to handle the passing requirements and dual threat guys that can do that don't go to Tech or WSU. This guy may be that guy.

vCash
    Syracuse had the worst passing offense in the NCAA last season if I’m not mistaken. I knew when Shrader ran the ball on his infamous mid air helicopter that came up short and ended the game that he wasn’t worthy of being a qb in the SEC. He’s a tough sob but not a starting QB