Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worse MSU FB game(s) you ever saw?

vCash

Worse MSU FB game(s) you ever saw?

Stole this thread for Six Pack but some of my all time lows:

Auburn - 3 to 2. Most inept display of two teams that couldn't play the game.

Croom's 48 to 0, "I didn't see that coming", loss to OM.

Every game of the "Tech and Ten" season.

"Remember the Maine".

Game delayed by the tornado watch.

vCash
    Either the Maine game or 2008 egg bowl.

3-2 game doesn?t even make top 5 for me. At least we played good defense against a somewhat competent team

vCash
    Tie between 2004 Maine and 1986 Auburn, Alabama and LSU. Those 3 could have named score it felt like!

vCash
    State-Tulane game played in Shreveport after Katrina. It's the worst college football game I've ever seen in person. Maybe the worst ever played.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Too many to count. A few that come to mind:

3-2
    Maine
    Troy State-The Tornado Game
    2019 @Auburn
    2013 Gator Bowl
    2018 @LSU
    Basically the entire 2008 season
    2016 @Bama
    2006 West Virginia

vCash
    The Croom spring game that ended 0-0. I think that was year before the 3-2 Aub game. WCO was agony to watch.

vCash
    2002 - Gainesville, Fl ...... we kicked Spurrier's butt in Starkville the year before ..... Spurrier was pissed and beat us 52-0 (threw a long bomb for another TD with less than two minutes in the game) .... I left before halftime only to find out I was blocked in by a gator fan and had to wait over an hour after the game was over for the bastard to return and get out of the way
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    '93 Arkansas State 15-15 TIE
    '95 ULM 32-34 loss
    '96 La Tech 23-38 loss
    '97 @UGA 0-47 loss
    '13 Northwestern 20-34 loss
    '16 USA 20-21 loss - ***King Mullen and his shorts!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    @ Georgia tech in 08. Noon kickoff and we went to bed around 4:00 and we got absolutely destroyed. We had a complete game of ineptitude from all 3 phases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    2002 - Gainesville, Fl ...... we kicked Spurrier's butt in Starkville the year before ..... Spurrier was pissed and beat us 52-0 (threw a long bomb for another TD with less than two minutes in the game) .... I left before halftime only to find out I was blocked in by a gator fan and had to wait over an hour after the game was over for the bastard to return and get out of the way
    Fish have to agree that was bad.

That was 2001, year after we beat them bad in Starkville in 2000.

We were picked to win SECW that year and that loss pretty much finished our season off and it was early in year.
    On O we returned all starters but the C Michael Fair. Who thought the C was so important. Masking was bad all year too a senior.

Typical MSU. We made the media look bad picking us last every year prior only to compete for title every year till media said pick MSU they got everyone back and we tanked.

vCash
    Well there have been two games in my life where I seriously considered going on the field and kicking the SEC officials ass and that was the 2017 Egg Bowl because they let Ole Miss do waaaaaayyy too much dirty stuff and the Memphis game this year. Nothing like getting screwed by your own conference officials at G5 road game.

So I guess those were the two worst for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well there have been two games in my life where I seriously considered going on the field and kicking the SEC officials ass and that was the 2017 Egg Bowl because they let Ole Miss do waaaaaayyy too much dirty stuff and the Memphis game this year. Nothing like getting screwed by your own conference officials at G5 road game.

So I guess those were the two worst for me.
    As far as being mad about the game I totally agree. I was also at the 2017 game and the OM girl yelling off the ramp near end of game about made me want to tape her mouth shut. OM stole that game by putting Fitz out; that was there only chance that night.

Memphis yeah. What pisses me off is the SEC would never let that happen to Bama or LSU or UGA or UF or any blue bloods. But they will sacrifice MSU every chance they get.

vCash
    Probably 1997 v UGA. UGA did whatever they wanted. We played dead. 0-47

2021 Liberty Bowl. What a no show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    As far as being mad about the game I totally agree. I was also at the 2017 game and the OM girl yelling off the ramp near end of game about made me want to tape her mouth shut. OM stole that game by putting Fitz out; that was there only chance that night.

Memphis yeah. What pisses me off is the SEC would never let that happen to Bama or LSU or UGA or UF or any blue bloods. But they will sacrifice MSU every chance they get.
    Yeah. My criteria was sheer rage, and how much I questioned what I was doing with my life. LOL.

I wasn't really rage mad about Maine. I guess I get a lot less angry when we do it to ourselves though. Ole Miss 1997 was pretty bad too. The 3-2 Auburn game was just boring. I don't hate that game as some fans apparently do. My fifth one would be when we lost to Dan with Moorhead. That bastard finally called a trick play that worked- and of course it was in a game against us. It also hurt because his recruiting deficiencies kind of killed us to a degree as well- WR dropping a wide open TD pass and the OL wasn't great, and then Joe just made it worse.

The thing about Memphis is that SEC crew was just soooo incompetent. I don't think they had it out for us. They just sucked. The SEC did suspend them after the game so it's not like the SEC just let them off the hook completely. But then the issue there is why does the SEC have officiating crews like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Probably 1997 v UGA. UGA did whatever they wanted. We played dead. 0-47

2021 Liberty Bowl. What a no show.
    Ah...the annual Jackie "Hey I can only get the team up for three games a year game and guess what it's not LSU" game.

We should have seen the Liberty Bowl coming when the team showed up like two days before the game. No one wanted to be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Too many to count. A few that come to mind:

3-2
    Maine
    Troy State-The Tornado Game
    2019 @Auburn
    2013 Gator Bowl
    2018 @LSU
    Basically the entire 2008 season
    2016 @Bama
    2006 West Virginia
    I really thought that Auburn might score 100 on us in 2019. Didn't we call a timeout on the first play and then promptly allowed like 21 points?

Georgia 2017 was bad too. We were pretty good. Dan freaked out. We scored 7. We allowed like 38 including a flea flicker. That was their revenge on Todd Grantham game. We have we ever gotten revenge on anyone?

vCash
    Croom games.
    3-2 auburn loss
    Liberty Bowl win where Wes Carrol called his own offense at the end to win. Freezing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Croom games.
    3-2 auburn loss
    Liberty Bowl win where Wes Carrol called his own offense at the end to win. Freezing
    Wes Carrol knew more about running an offense than Woody and Croom put together. Croom still chewed his ass out for checking out of a run play to a play action pass for a touchdown. I wish Wes had stayed b/c we would have gone to a bowl game Dan's first year if he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Wes Carrol knew more about running an offense than Woody and Croom put together. Croom still chewed his ass out for checking out of a run play to a play action pass for a touchdown. I wish Wes had stayed b/c we would have gone to a bowl game Dan's first year if he did.
    Yep!

vCash
    Maine

One thing I'll never forget is looking at the opponent's side and seeing all the open space on the tarp to protect the grass. Usually you don't see that much open space because of all the equipment or players covering it up.

They brought a skeleton crew and beat us.

Wes Carrol would have been awesome in the Mike Leach offense. He nearly set the pass completions without an interception record, then as ESPN announced it he threw a pick.

I was a student at MSU during the dark days. I'm just glad we're playing competitive football right now.