Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worse MSU FB game(s) you ever saw?

vCash
    For me it was the home LSU game post Katrina during the Croom failure. We were getting rompstomped during an 1100 game and a fraternity brother yelled out to the players, "yall might be kicking our ass, but at least we have our homes to go back too...." Everyone around him got silent. LSU proceeded to put up like 30 more points after that

vCash
    Dam I can't believe no one picked the BYU game/ I wasn't there but watched the game and listened to Jackies postgame show. Dam he was pissed. We had the sunbelt refs that game and they never saw BYU mugging our players. Their fans were calling into the show telling Jackie to stop whining. That's one school that I wouldn't mind seeing swallowed by the earth.

vCash
    2012 Texas A&M

2021 Egg Bowl bc we blew it and the worst weather I have ever seen in person. There was literal mini rain tornados at about upper deck level.

I was at the Maine and the 3-2 game. But I think the worst was 2006 Tulane at home and they forever more kicked the shit out of us for 3 quarters

vCash
    1. Rocky Felkers first head coach year LSU and om both in Jackson. LSU just curb stomped the DOGS, The om game was Felker?s worst coaching job of his career IMO.
    2. Sherrill?s loss to om in oxford in the snow flurries, His loss to om in Tommy pine box first year, and the last loss to Eli?s last egg bowl.
    3. Every loss to Bama.
    4. I will never get over Fourcade running in the end zone, and every loss to om by Bellard....he just blew too many games to them.
    5. Croom had so many bad ones, and even though it was a win the Memphis bowl game was HORRIBLE.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 07-12-2022 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    1. Rocky Felkers first head coach year LSU and om both in Jackson. LSU just curb stomped the DOGS, The om game was Felker?s worst coaching job of his career IMO.
    2. Sherrill?s loss to om in oxford in the snow flurries, His loss to om in Tommy pine box first year, and the last loss to Eli?s last egg bowl.
    3. Every loss to Bama.
    4. I will never get over Fourcade running in the end zone, and every loss to om by Bellard....he just blew too many games to them.
    5. Croom had so many bad ones, and even though it was a win the Memphis bowl game was HORRIBLE.
    I think all 4 losses in Felker's first year to end the season was really disappointing after a great start of the year. Seeing Don Smith racing down the sideline against the Vols at Neyland was as good as it could get that year.

Losing to Maine and NLU is about as bad as it can get except maybe the 74-0 against Houston in the Astrodome back in the late 60's may have been the worse ever. Btw, Houston came to Starkville the next year loaded and we whipped their ass that after noon, talk about shocked!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think all 4 losses in Felker's first year to end the season was really disappointing after a great start of the year. Seeing Don Smith racing down the sideline against the Vols at Neyland was as good as it could get that year.

Losing to Maine and NLU is about as bad as it can get except maybe the 74-0 against Houston in the Astrodome back in the late 60's may have been the worse ever. Btw, Houston came to Starkville the next year loaded and we whipped their ass that after noon, talk about shocked!
    MSU's "introduction" to the veer (the same offense later run to perfection by our own Rocky Felker). That Houston game also had some great comments by Jack, who was getting out the record book in the first half. Later in life, that game caused much laughter among basedog, myself and my late brother.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    There about half a dozen from the Croom era that immediately come to mind.

The two games against Troy State in 2001 and 2002 were beyond brutal. Lost one of them in a tornado and won the other one 11-8.

I was not in person for either of these two games but both of our last two trips to Lexington were very painful to watch.

vCash
    Tulane 2006 or Auburn 3-2 game 2008. Both Croomtastic games. South Alabama was not an in person game I saw but that game set the tone for the rest of 2016 outside the aTm upset. JoMo losing at home to Florida in 2018 confirmed my initial confusion and extreme disappointment with Cohen on that hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I can very vaguely remember listening to that debacle on the radio when I was about 8-9 years old.

vCash
    I remember listening to the Tulane '06 game on the radio. Sitting in my den listening to the after game comments and you could hear the Tulane players yelling "Thanks for the check!". That pissed the whole fan base off. It was so bad Gene's Page shut down until that Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post

MSU's "introduction" to the veer (the same offense later run to perfection by our own Rocky Felker). That Houston game also had some great comments by Jack, who was getting out the record book in the first half. Later in life, that game caused much laughter among basedog, myself and my late brother.
    Have some rep my friend!

vCash
    As bad as Maine was that 2006 Tulane game in my opinion was worse. Croom should?ve never been allowed to hang around after losing to Maine, UAB and then Tulane. I tried to be optimistic about Croom because he inherited a giant mess, but the Tulane loss officially sealed it for me that it wasn?t going to work out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Dam I can't believe no one picked the BYU game/ I wasn't there but watched the game and listened to Jackies postgame show. Dam he was pissed. We had the sunbelt refs that game and they never saw BYU mugging our players. Their fans were calling into the show telling Jackie to stop whining. That's one school that I wouldn't mind seeing swallowed by the earth.
    the 2001 BYU game was bad. Due to 911, it was the last game of year that year, after egg bowl. There have been some blown call games that cost us games (Memphis, Bama, etc) but from end to end that game is biggest screw job by refs in MSU history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    the 2001 BYU game was bad. Due to 911, it was the last game of year that year, after egg bowl. There have been some blown call games that cost us games (Memphis, Bama, etc) but from end to end that game is biggest screw job by refs in MSU history.
    The refs were bad that night and made sure BYU won- but they could at least keep some semblance of professionalism after the game. Dick Pace however- cannot. The 1981 Egg Bowl was completely stolen and flat out cheating.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The refs were bad that night and made sure BYU won- but they could at least keep some semblance of professionalism after the game. Dick Pace however- cannot. The 1981 Egg Bowl was completely stolen and flat out cheating.
    Two of the all time worse officiating games ever!

vCash
    42-14 loss to Reggie Collier and USM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phatdog View Post
    42-14 loss to Reggie Collier and USM
    Many good teams lost to Reggie Collier. FSU and everyone in Tallahassee will never forget Reggie and Sammie Winder. I was at that game. 30-0 USM at halftime against a top ranked FSU team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Many good teams lost to Reggie Collier. FSU and everyone in Tallahassee will never forget Reggie and Sammie Winder. I was at that game. 30-0 USM at halftime against a top ranked FSU team.
    1981 USM was impressive

Went 9-1-1 and ended up in the Tangerine Bowl
    Beat us 7-6 in a damn war I watched in Jackson
    Tied Bammer 13-13 in T-Town
    Beat ranked Fla State 58-14 in Tallahassee
    How in the hell did they lose to Louisville?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Reggie was the 1st QB to Run for 1000 and Pass for 1000. Played against him in HS. He was not recruited for QB because he broke his collerbone when he was a JR and only played QB for one year. USM saw him when they were looking at Greg Kelly, another Bad Ass. Trust me when I say he was fast, shifty and had a great arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1981 USM was impressive

Went 9-1-1 and ended up in the Tangerine Bowl
    Beat us 7-6 in a damn war I watched in Jackson
    Tied Bammer 13-13 in T-Town
    Beat ranked Fla State 58-14 in Tallahassee
    How in the hell did they lose to Louisville?
    Bond didn't play in the 1981 USM game right?