Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Topic: How did you feel about a visit/game night appearance for Sly, Dan,or JoMo

vCash

Hot Topic: How did you feel about a visit/game night appearance for Sly, Dan,or JoMo

My bad: Wondering how Do others feel about a night honoring any of these former coaches in the future?

JMO: Sly - Never
    JoMO - Never
    Dan - Pending, not enough time passed.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-09-2022 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    ??????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    ??????
    Honoring them on a game night appearance in the near or distant future?

vCash
    Oh, ok. I was contotally fused.

vCash
    Dan/Dak built Starkville/Scott Field, I'm good with honoring him down the road.

Sly seems like a good guy and just in way over his head. He didn't even want the job, I blame Sly's lack of success on Simpleton. Simpleton should have clearly explained expectations and get goals, not tell Sly he, "has all the time in the world."

How Slomo effed up so bad in such a short time, I have no idea?

vCash
    JoMo - never, what did he do to deserve worthy of honoring? He insulted our school and fanbase constantly.

Sly - I say no too. He didn't really do much either. He kinda insulted MSU on the way out.

Dan - I'm OK here in about 10-20 years.

A lot of coaches had a hand in building MSU football, not just Dan. Jackie, Bellard, McKeen, etc.

vCash
    I'll add. I bet Dan regrets the way he left and maybe even leaving MSU in hindsight. He knew he had a good thing after he left. You could see it in his face as he looked around in DWS that night he brought UF in to play us. He was moved to tears almost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    JoMo - never, what did he do to deserve worthy of honoring? He insulted our school and fanbase constantly.

Sly - I say no too. He didn't really do much either. He kinda insulted MSU on the way out.

Dan - I'm OK here in about 10-20 years.

A lot of coaches had a hand in building MSU football, not just Dan. Jackie, Bellard, McKeen, etc.
    Yeah but Dan brought national attention. That stadium expansion is due to Him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Dan/Dak built Starkville/Scott Field, I'm good with honoring him down the road.

Sly seems like a good guy and just in way over his head. He didn't even want the job, I blame Sly's lack of success on Simpleton. Simpleton should have clearly explained expectations and get goals, not tell Sly he, "has all the time in the world."

How Slomo effed up so bad in such a short time, I have no idea?
    According to old sources the Sly hiring was in the effect of Hire him or get the death Penalty.

vCash
    dan for sure.....the rest can gth

vCash

Dan and JWS?

Dan in 3-5 years ? JWS was honored during the 2018 UF game ? Both deserve as much credit as possible. I would take Dan back today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    Dan in 3-5 years ? JWS was honored during the 2018 UF game ? Both deserve as much credit as possible. I would take Dan back today?
    You damn right about taking Dan back today. If we can get the NIL stuff figured and continue to get solid 3 stars, Dan could win again in Starkvegas.

vCash
    Dak should also be present when Dan is recognized IMO

vCash
    Mullen did bring National attention to our program. I hope he regrets leaving, he had it good at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Dak should also be present when Dan is recognized IMO
    Didn't Hev recruit that LA. TE?

vCash
    Dan will be honored and I have no problem with it because of 2010 and 2014. I was never mad that he left. It was time for both of us to move on even if he didn't handle it well. He flamed out in Florida and didn't really do any better with his recruits there and so we'll just move on.

Joe I don't think was here long enough to be honored really. If we honored him I would think it would be a little weird.

Croom probably will be honored for PC reasons. I'm fine with that. His time was not successful here but he did score some big wins for us here and there that were fairly memorable. He was comparable to Felker to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    You damn right about taking Dan back today. If we can get the NIL stuff figured and continue to get solid 3 stars, Dan could win again in Starkvegas.
    Or it would be comparable to Ron Polk 2 since he has already hit his ceiling and has nowhere else to go.

Newsflash- his recruiting is not getting better nor is his arrogance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    My bad: Wondering how Do others feel about a night honoring any of these former coaches in the future?

JMO: Sly - Never
    JoMO - Never
    Dan - Pending, not enough time passed.
    Why would Moorhead even remotely be in this conversation? I mean, c'mon. Sly, yeah possibly because he was the first AA coach in the league and Dan did put us on the map but even said it shouldn't happen anytime soon.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Yeah but Dan brought national attention. That stadium expansion is due to Him.
    You must be young which is fine but you obviously were not around when Jackie came to town. We had the nation's attention before kickoff of the first game. The first game against nationally ranked Texas on national TV when we didn't get on TV to kick off the football season that year. Jackie put the SEC and the nation on notice that day.

In the late 90s, Jackie had everyone looking at Starkville and our football team.

I wasn't around for the 40-60s great teams so I can't speak for them. With media explosion the past 15 years, hard to compare eras, but Dan wasn't the only one to bring big things to MSU football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'll add. I bet Dan regrets the way he left and maybe even leaving MSU in hindsight. He knew he had a good thing after he left. You could see it in his face as he looked around in DWS that night he brought UF in to play us. He was moved to tears almost.
    You've never met Dan if you think for 1/2 a second he regrets how he left. He's a good coach but an arrogant asshole.