Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sports Illustrated bullish on the Bulldogs in 2022

vCash
    It didn't help Joe Lee either when he started blabbing at luncheons and grid iron dinners about how he calls his defenses including not covering the TE on most sets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Not being close to the program, word in my circle, was that JWS lost respect of the team due to how he handled the relationship between his daughter and Wayne Madkin.
    That is true and there was much more to it than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    That is true and there was much more to it than that.
    That's totally false. Stop making s*** up. I was in those teams and players could care less. JWS didn't do anything to Wayne. I thought your were an insider with all your booster money? Sounds like a typical wannabe

vCash
    We will just have to disagree on this i was close to the team at that time. I know many players did not respect jws but did joe lee. And if JWS was reasonable for recruiting smoot and bean he dropped the ball after they left.
    Wrong again

vCash
    Not being close to the program, word in my circle, was that JWS lost respect of the team due to how he handled the relationship between his daughter and Wayne Madkin.
    False

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Joe Lee didnt save shit- he did his job as DC. Who you think got Joe Lee those players? It damn sure wasnt JLD out on the road visiting Momma's and getting deals done. Melvin, Hendrix, and Jackie closing guys got JLD his toys to play with. Some people seem to forget how bad JLD's last couple of D's were at State when he didnt have Smoot and Bean anymore
    1000% truth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That's totally false. Stop making s*** up. I was in those teams and players could care less. JWS didn't do anything to Wayne. I thought your were an insider with all your booster money? Sounds like a typical wannabe
    I have yet to meet a former player that played for The Kang that didnt love him. I'm sure there are a few- always is. But I have yet to meet one. The ones I know will fight you over him.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    False
    Good to hear, I have always like JWS. I am a big fan of his!

vCash
    1000% truth!
    lol you so full of shit your still butt hurt your degree in basket weaving only got you back to your doublewide in Ackerman

vCash
    Joe Lee didnt save shit- he did his job as DC. Who you think got Joe Lee those players? It damn sure wasnt JLD out on the road visiting Momma's and getting deals done. Melvin, Hendrix, and Jackie closing guys got JLD his toys to play with. Some people seem to forget how bad JLD's last couple of D's were at State when he didnt have Smoot and Bean anymore
    I blame the Arizona Western JUCO pass rush or lack thereof more than losing Smoot and Bean. Korey Banks played in Canada for awhile so he wasn't an awful player.

Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree Jackie and company recruited the talent. JLD got credit for some results and was popular because of his fly by seat of pants style but JWS was the architect behind those teams.
    Jackie definitely gets credit for bringing in Joe Lee. That was the key hire for us for our late 1990's run.

vCash
    I have yet to meet a former player that played for The Kang that didnt love him. I'm sure there are a few- always is. But I have yet to meet one. The ones I know will fight you over him.
    Jackie Wayne is the still the man!!!

vCash
    lol you so full of shit your still butt hurt your degree in basket weaving only got you back to your doublewide in Ackerman
    Lol, you're a peon and a liar.

Banned
    vCash
    Recruiting rankings always pander to large fanbases who sell clicks and coaches / schools who "play the game" with recruiting sites: Tennessee, A&M, etc. Shocking we have a doomsday post about recruiting right when the sites have their major ranking shakeup going into the season. /s

NIL only changes the legality of paying players (and therefore allows more open organization for some schools). A&M isn't the top recruiter because of NIL. They hired Bjork to set up "the network" like he facilitated at OM. They'd be #1 without it. But if you'll notice, the chairs are changing. Auburn & Florida are cycling out. LSU is in a precarious spot. Arkansas has a full class already, so their numbers are skewed comparatively (23 commits). They're not cycling in.

If anything, this just realigns the top half a bit. The bottom half won't keep up and within 10 years you'll be back to teams paying out the ass (Georgia going 100 in a 70) and teams like State, SCar, & UK being more efficient with their dollars because spending to go from 30th to 25th don't mean shit. Same as it always was. The gap doesn't widen from top half to bottom half because there is only so many seats and schollies available. The scholarship cap is the thing holding it together. As long as that is in place and we stay in the same conference as Alabama, we're going to have a shot every year. Not a great one, but a shot. And that's all you can ever really ask for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Recruiting rankings always pander to large fanbases who sell clicks and coaches / schools who "play the game" with recruiting sites: Tennessee, A&M, etc. Shocking we have a doomsday post about recruiting right when the sites have their major ranking shakeup going into the season. /s

NIL only changes the legality of paying players (and therefore allows more open organization for some schools). A&M isn't the top recruiter because of NIL. They hired Bjork to set up "the network" like he facilitated at OM. They'd be #1 without it. But if you'll notice, the chairs are changing. Auburn & Florida are cycling out. LSU is in a precarious spot. Arkansas has a full class already, so their numbers are skewed comparatively (23 commits). They're not cycling in.

If anything, this just realigns the top half a bit. The bottom half won't keep up and within 10 years you'll be back to teams paying out the ass (Georgia going 100 in a 70) and teams like State, SCar, & UK being more efficient with their dollars because spending to go from 30th to 25th don't mean shit. Same as it always was. The gap doesn't widen from top half to bottom half because there is only so many seats and schollies available. The scholarship cap is the thing holding it together. As long as that is in place and we stay in the same conference as Alabama, we're going to have a shot every year. Not a great one, but a shot. And that's all you can ever really ask for.
    The future AD, Head Coaches and all recruiting coordinators meetings will look like a "Moneyball" meeting. We need to go hire Billy Beanes Intern to run our Dept recruiting. And about 75% of all schools will have to do the same.

https://youtu.be/3MjxoaynCmk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Good post.

I will say that when Saban retires there is going to be major shakeup in power in the SEC. Just like when Bear Bryant left. He'll be 71 this year and for reference guys like Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno were 80 and 85 respectively when they stopped. At some point he's going to stop in the next 10 years likely. And in the meantime other teams are going to use his age against him in recruiting. "Saban won't be at Bama when you graduate".

vCash
    What i remember was JLD went to a prevent D that contributed in Tommy Pinebox two pt conversion win in Starkville. Also a question for Coach 34, I remember the DOGS just killing om with the tight end the first half. If memory serves there were no passes thrown to TE after the first half. Can you enlighten?

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Wrong. If true then why did we have to beat out no one to get him? We didn't even have to beat out WSU.

I'm not a Leach hater but have a little balance to the narrative.
    He turned down Tennessee.

vCash
    Not being close to the program, word in my circle, was that JWS lost respect of the team due to how he handled the relationship between ....... and .......
    This lie has included whatever high profile player over and over through the years. I've never heard it included that player though. Nice twist.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    What i remember was JLD went to a prevent D that contributed in Tommy Pinebox two pt conversion win in Starkville. Also a question for Coach 34, I remember the DOGS just killing om with the tight end the first half. If memory serves there were no passes thrown to TE after the first half. Can you enlighten?
    I dont remember alot of the schematics from the game except the prevent and them getting the 4th and 29. I knew at that point we were going to lose. No doubt they were going to go for 2 when they scored.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    He turned down Tennessee.
    no he didn't. He would have biked to UT for that job.