Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Illustrated bullish on the Bulldogs in 2022

vCash

Sports Illustrated bullish on the Bulldogs in 2022

https://twitter.com/JWPSports/status...U_mh1belHKhXsw

You embedders feel free to embed

They have us at 9-3. As I said- This is Leach's only shot at 10 wins at State. This is his high water mark as State coach. Enjoy this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    They have the west as an absolute buzz saw, too. All except auburn, lol.

vCash
    I guess by the standing they have us losing to Bama, Georgia, and Arky. I'll take that today.

vCash
    I'd feel way better if ga wasn't on the schedule... can't see 9 wins.

vCash
    8 wins is a good year.

Programs build on momentum, I’d assume Coach you are saying this is Leachs only chance based on NIL. That may be true, it’s yet to be seen if traditional program building based on wins/success is possible in the NIL era. I think it still is possible, we just don’t know how much impact NiL will have.

Leach has built strong programs as the smallest poorest school in P5 conferences twice. If it can be done in this era He would be the guy to do it.

I think nil hurts Bama more than it helps. Programs like tamu who are not elite and underachieve but have lots of cash will obviously have an advantage.

vCash
    8 wins would make a dang good year with our schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    8 wins would make a dang good year with our schedule.
    I'm sure we will have plenty on here who say every SEC team we beat is "having a down year" and look for reasons to discount it as legit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm sure we will have plenty on here who say every SEC team we beat is "having a down year" and look for reasons to discount it as legit.
    LOL, yup.

vCash
    Outside of our fanbase, most people think Leach is a fantastic coach who will take us to great heights.

vCash
    Yep happens every single year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

They have us at 9-3. As I said- This is Leach's only shot at 10 wins at State. This is his high water mark as State coach. Enjoy this year
    are we the only ones that believe we really have a shot at 10 wins? me thinks so

vCash
    It will be legit to me, and I feel like many others will feel the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I'll bite...

I've seen you say he should lead us to a good year this year, but haven't noticed this specific take... What makes you think this will be his "only" shot at 10 wins at State?

vCash
    Same way everyone says that when you talk about how dominant JWS was hugh. For 4 years we were the best team in the SECW back then.

Aub finishes where they predict, then yeah Aub is down.

Someone has to finish last so at least one or two is going to have a down year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Outside of our fanbase, most people think Leach is a fantastic coach who will take us to great heights.
    Wrong. If true then why did we have to beat out no one to get him? We didn't even have to beat out WSU.

I'm not a Leach hater but have a little balance to the narrative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Wrong. If true then why did we have to beat out no one to get him? We didn't even have to beat out WSU.

I'm not a Leach hater but have a little balance to the narrative.
    "Most people" meaning college football fans, journalists, and experts, not university presidents and ADs. He doesn't interview well by all accounts.

And Wazzu would have loved to keep him, but couldn't come close to the salary we were offering, not to mention the prestige of being in the SEC.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 07-09-2022 at 10:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'll bite...

I've seen you say he should lead us to a good year this year, but haven't noticed this specific take... What makes you think this will be his "only" shot at 10 wins at State?
    Offensive continuity is imperative and the only way to achieve it is for guys to have "time" in the system and this 22 season Leach will have more guys who have been involved for 2+ years and it'll be another 2-5 years til he has that again. JMHO
    Last edited by Pancho; 07-09-2022 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    I am a big Leach fan and am optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Offensive continuity is imperative and the only way to achieve it is for guys to have "time" in the system and this 22 season Leach will have more guys who have been involved for 2+ years and it'll be another 2-5 years til he has that again. JMHO
    Usually once the air raid gets going it reloads , especially true with the q b position. Guys wait their turn and it’s surprising how good the q b replacements are after holding the clip board while running the system in practice. I haven’t ever really seen air raid drop off on offense. It’s usually been the defense that has given leach programs ups and downs over the years. I don’t see that happening here with Arnett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'll bite...

We lose alot after this season and NIL is a full go in this recruiting cycle across the country. Our recruiting will slowly get worse in football while the middle of the SEC- gets stronger with the money they spend. Plus the SEC is adding more upper level teams that will just make our schedule that much tougher every season

This is kind of the "last hurrah" for State football
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is