Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
It is a lot easier to win 8 games now than back then - see my previous post. We get an extra cupcake and any team with a pulse gets a bowl now in which we usually have the advantage. That is 2 almost Ws that Jackie didn't get. Going by total wins is total BS for comparisons.

I never said we can't get there again. We did for a short season with Dan.

The SEC was just as good back then (minus the level Bama has been), other than that, no difference. LSU sucked last couple years. TAMU has been a joke. Aub has been down. Ark has sucked for a decade. So outside of Bama how is SEC better now than the 90s? UF and UT were better than all the SECW now minus Bama. Jackie beat them all and a lot of times made them like it.

I'm not sure if Jackie is the greatest or not or Dan but the constant downplay of what Jackie did is not a good reflection of history.
Jackie also didn't play 12 games in a season and usually only had to play 11. The difference is the FCS game that we play annually which no doubt would have increased his win total by 12-13.

I'm convinced that most MSU fans that think Dan was the best weren't around for Jackie.

Give me Jackie's 1994, 1998, and 1999 seasons over almost all of Dan's seasons. The only seasons that Dan had that are comparable are 2010 which gets overlooked a lot by MSU fans for some reason and of course 2014.