Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning to Football, some MSU RB greats list, what say you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah Perkins was a good back I just don't think he was great at any one thing. Agree on Roberts. I had him a fastest to the corner. Dude could flat out fly.
    Perkins was the best receiving running back we ever had by far... IMO - I think he could have played wide receiver if he wanted (that's obviously an embellishment to make my point)
    Probably would have kicked ass (again) in the Airbone
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Most ED posters are saying "wut", LOL. Big Cajun who came to Msu and no one could understand his language! May be the toughest runner in Msu history! Legs bigger than tree stumps.

I was a very young dude but what I know about he and Ode would be right up at the top! Here is another back, Marcus Rhoden, fastest RB in our history.
    from my years of watching--Rhoden-Ode and Walter Packer were maybe the fastest. MR could for sure return a punt and kickoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yep. Watching that whole debacle unfold in front of me in Memorial Stadium was a gut punch.
    the game in jackson --where we knocked Reggie out of the Game--only to hear the Roar when he returned and hurt our feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    from my years of watching--Rhoden-Ode and Walter Packer were maybe the fastest. MR could for sure return a punt and kickoff.
    I would take Walter Packer every year to be my running back. Dude wasn’t just fast but was pretty tough for his size. No telling how many tear away jersey’s he went thru over his career. Watching Felker run the Veer was magic especially the last second pitch to Packer.

vCash
    Good list. Most under rated I'd agree Vick Ballard and add Aries Williams. I forgot about A train. He got lost in the coaching schuffle.

David Fair I agree could have been unreal. Add Keiffer Magee and maybe Dontae Walker to that list.
    I like your underrated picks in Vick Ballard and Bowling ball. They both were tough and never went backwards! Ballard also went on to have some success in the NFL with the Colts but ended up getting injured and never really recovered. Colts fans really loved him too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I like your underrated picks in Vick Ballard and Bowling ball. They both were tough and never went backwards! Ballard also went on to have some success in the NFL with the Colts but ended up getting injured and never really recovered. Colts fans really loved him too
    Yeah, I just loved Ballard's attitude and effort. Just doesn't get any better.

vCash
    Another catagory, who was best JUCO transfer RB?

JJ Johnson
    Vic Ballard
    ??

Best Freshman season at RB?

Dontae Walker
    Norwood
    Justin Griffith

vCash
    Anyone remember a guy named James Jones? Wonder how he would've ended up if he didn't get his knee torn up. He did eventually get drafted by the Cowboys and did get some PT behind Dorsett.

vCash
    Another catagory, who was best JUCO transfer RB?

JJ Johnson
    Vic Ballard
    ??

Best Freshman season at RB?

Dontae Walker
    Norwood
    Justin Griffith
    JUCO Kevin Bouie.