Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turning to Football, some MSU RB greats list, what say you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Wonder whatever happened to...what was his name again?
    Presley.....Preston.....something like that it seems. It will come to me at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bruiser has to go to Davis. His Egg Bowl game was a masterpiece
    Which one? 1993 or 1994? He got about 40 carries in both and dominated in both.

vCash
    Bruiser not to forget about is Fred Collins. I think Fred still holds the longest run from scrimmage. Not bad for a FB

vCash
    The man?s number is retired in the stadium?

Art Davis.

He would excel in today?s environment? he was that good?

vCash
    For anyone that remembers the late 70's . James Otis Doss & Lynn Copeland were very talented players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Best tandem backfield was Davis and Bouie.
    another great tandem team was Haddix & Donald Ray King - Bama can confirm this
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    another great tandem team was Haddix & Donald Ray King - Bama can confirm this
    I wanted to name Haddix and could not remember King. Thank you. I can still hear Jack "Donald Ray King over left side powering his way for 3 tough yards."

They were a great tandem. Mr inside and Mr outside with Bond in ball control. The wishbone then was a thing of beauty that Bond and Bellard ran to perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I wanted to name Haddix and could not remember King. Thank you. I can still hear Jack "Donald Ray King over left side powering his way for 3 tough yards."

They were a great tandem. Mr inside and Mr outside with Bond in ball control. The wishbone then was a thing of beauty that Bond and Bellard ran to perfection.
    As good as that defense was in 80- it still boggles me how the Nasty Bunch put 42 on us that season. That close loss to Fla combined with the Belue to Scott 92 yard pass for Georgia was all that stood between us and a Sugar Bowl vs Notre Dame
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Good list. Most under rated I'd agree Vick Ballard and add Aries Williams. I forgot about A train. He got lost in the coaching schuffle.

David Fair I agree could have been unreal. Add Keiffer Magee and maybe Dontae Walker to that list.
    A Train would have been nasty in Leech?s system. Hell he was good in both ******* and SloMos systems. A Train was definitely disrespected in his final year. If he played now, he could have transferred as RB1 to anyone else instead of wasting his senior season at State with Morehead.

vCash
    As good as that defense was in 80- it still boggles me how the Nasty Bunch put 42 on us that season. That close loss to Fla combined with the Belue to Scott 92 yard pass for Georgia was all that stood between us and a Sugar Bowl vs Notre Dame
    Yeah I know. The D on those teams with the talent on O had a chance to do big big things.

MSU has always figured out a way to screw up a great season. Just like 98, I have yet to understand how we got drummed by LSU that year like 42-6 or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    A Train would have been nasty in Leech?s system. Hell he was good in both ******* and SloMos systems. A Train was definitely disrespected in his final year. If he played now, he could have transferred as RB1 to anyone else instead of wasting his senior season at State with Morehead.
    Yeah Slomo went woke and said to heck with those that work hard and execute. Aries earned the right to be the man his senior year. Happens all the time in todays world though in all walks of life.

vCash
    I remember that game like it was yesterday. USM had Reggie Collier and he went apeshit against MSU that day.

vCash
    Yeah Slomo went woke and said to heck with those that work hard and execute. Aries earned the right to be the man his senior year. Happens all the time in todays world though in all walks of life.
    Aries was the man on picking up a blitzer. He was a great pass blocker. He was also secure with the ball. He wasn’t flashy and didn’t break long runs. But he got positive yardage. He could get you 4 yards on 3rd and 3. He didn’t lose yardage very often. He wasn’t one our greats. But he was very effective.

Kylin Hill was flashier and had more potential and explosiveness. But Kylin was nowhere close to being the blocker that Aries was. And sometimes Kylin would only get you 1 yard on 3rd and 3 because he was trying to get you 30 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I remember that game like it was yesterday. USM had Reggie Collier and he went apeshit against MSU that day.
    Yep. Watching that whole debacle unfold in front of me in Memorial Stadium was a gut punch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yep. Watching that whole debacle unfold in front of me in Memorial Stadium was a gut punch.
    The 1980 game was our homecoming game in Sville
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    My Sis was a homecoming Maid that day. Dam Reggie.

vCash
    Yeah, yeah. That's right. Long time ago!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Hoyle Granger
    Most ED posters are saying "wut", LOL. Big Cajun who came to Msu and no one could understand his language! May be the toughest runner in Msu history! Legs bigger than tree stumps.

I was a very young dude but what I know about he and Ode would be right up at the top! Here is another back, Marcus Rhoden, fastest RB in our history.

vCash
    I looked in top 10 in rushing yards and Ladarias Perkins is #8. Don't know how many yards he had but Kenny Roberts could also turn on the jets. We have had so many outstanding RB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I looked in top 10 in rushing yards and Ladarias Perkins is #8. Don't know how many yards he had but Kenny Roberts could also turn on the jets. We have had so many outstanding RB's.
    Yeah Perkins was a good back I just don't think he was great at any one thing. Agree on Roberts. I had him a fastest to the corner. Dude could flat out fly.