Thread: Complaint dejour - football

vCash

Complaint dejour - football

All I heard from Bounds was how entertaining and what a great football coach that Leach was. I get Bounds totes Cohens water. But.... Bounds condescending attitude of "this staff can't recruit, we are just being honest." That dude ..... just stfu with the condescending shots at fans.

Hey Bo...your boy....and he is your boy...own it....his press conferences are good for insomnia. He is just treading water so far and it is perfectly fine for fans to demand more. ESPECIALLY when fans are asked to donate, buy tickets and .... as David Murray put.... "it's on the fans to make NIL happen to land recruits." (Not word for word but close). Bull crap. Leach better wake his sleep @$$ up and get down to Vicksburg and steal that DL from UTah. It isn't on the fans to make that happen. It is on leach and his staff and the fans have every right to expect them to do such.

Now where is my Blood pressure meds.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 07-07-2022 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    All I heard from Bounds was how entertaining and what a great football coach that Leach was. I get Bounds totes Cohens water. But.... Bounds condescending attitude of "this staff can't recruit, we are just being honest." That dude ..... just stfu with the condescending shots at fans.

Hey Bo...your boy....and he is your boy...own it....his press conferences are good for insomnia. He is just treading water so far and it is perfectly fine for fans to demand more. ESPECIALLY when fans are asked to donate, buy tickets and .... as David Murray put.... "it's on the fans to make NIL happen to land recruits." (Not word for word but close). Bull crap. Leach better wake his sleep @$$ up and get down to Vicksburg and steal that DL from UTah. It isn't on the fans to make that happen. It is on leach and his staff and the fans have every right to expect them to do such.

Part is the staff. But you're naive too. Very.

vCash

Key West to V'burg is a long haul. He'll probably just continue to count his money in "semi retirement" gig.

vCash
    Well I know the kid doesn't have much of an offer sheet. Also Bumphis is coaching at Utah.

I assume Bounds says what he says for a reason (especially regarding MSU athletics). Also Bounds has seemed to sour on "the staff". ...and IIRC Leach passed on adding Bumphis to the staff.

Am I on the trail?

Bounds condescending attitude and phrasing rubs me wrong.

vCash
    Leach better wake his sleep @$$ up and get down to Vicksburg and steal that DL from UTah. It isn't on the fans to make that happen. It is on leach and his staff and the fans have every right to expect them to do such.

Are we certain that the DL from Vicksburg is a difference-maker? Or even really good? We are not the ones evaluating.

vCash
    Considering the first question now out of a recruit’s mouth is “what about NIL?” He’s not really wrong. Recruiting is changed forever now.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Jeez thirteen ... forget the blood pressure meds and go straight to the Makers Mark. Who cares about boring press conferences or missing out on a D-lineman from Vicksburg - JWS and Mullen both have missed on plenty of those as well.
    We keep hearing (and I believe it as well) that this will be a better year - Let's let this season play out before we send both of them packing ... and if things are still bad then I'll be your spotter
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 07-07-2022 at 12:37 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Are we certain that the DL from Vicksburg is a difference-maker? Or even really good? We are not the ones evaluating.
    Looking at his offer sheet, no. I've never seen the kid play.

However, did Bounds mention that situation for a reason?. I don't believe the guy that only goes to games if he is comped or given premium seats and then brags about leaving half way through a game.... knows anything about recruiting. Unless someone told him to mention that situation.

Maybe the staff doesn't recruit like Mullen's staff. However my point, Bounds... "this staff isn't very good. Deal with it fans. It's the best you are getting"....Is garbage.

vCash
    Recruiting the way you guys want is DEAD. You have 3* recruits now that will jerk you around for a decent NIL or they'll bolt to another school with a better offer. And that's just the 3 stars forget about a 4 or 5 stars.

College football is now on life support. We are dealing with a bunch of 18 year old semi-pros wanting their share of the pie.

Edited to Add: Something that I've thought about is some G5 schools going all in with cushy NIL deals for 3 stars. The bigger programs are not going to make those kind of deals with 3 stars. So a 3 star DL in Mobile we have our eye on gets pretty much zilch from us but USF/UCF/Toledo all have a nice low six fig NIL deal in the works. He ain't committing to us.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 07-07-2022 at 01:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Edited to Add: Something that I've thought about is some G5 schools going all in with cushy NIL deals for 3 stars. The bigger programs are not going to make those kind of deals with 3 stars. So a 3 star DL in Mobile we have our eye on gets pretty much zilch from us but USF/UCF/Toledo all have a nice low six fig NIL deal in the works. He ain't committing to us.
    I assume this is a hypothetical. However I can see that happening because those places are in large metro areas with more corporate money to toss around. That's where the nil money is. Not a rank and file season ticket holder.

Anyways..... True story, years ago I was talking to a former Memphis st player about a MS player that MSU and OM lost to them, years ago. He laughed and said all it took was a trip to the club and a bag of weed. So.... yeah, I can see that happening.

I guess I'm naive in that I don't expect that much NIL from UTah but... maybe so.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 07-07-2022 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    I assume this is a hypothetical. However I can see that happening because those places are in large metro areas with more corporate money to toss around. That's where the nil money is. Not a rank and file season ticket holder.

Anyways..... True story, years ago I was talking to a former Memphis st player about a MS player that MSU and OM lost to them, years ago. He laughed and said all it took was a trip to the club and a bag of weed. So.... yeah, I can see that happening.

I guess I'm naive in that I don't expect that much NIL from UTah but... maybe so.
    Bruh, Mormons got money. They got a lot of money.

Unfortunately we are gone from the days of some strippers and some weed or even a new Mustang. We are talking some 3 star guys that schools general overlook will be getting serious looks from lower tier schools. They know they can't fight for the four and five stars so they will go all in on the threes. That's gonna make things tougher for programs like ours.

vCash
    If you haven't donated at least $100 to the bulldog initiative or some type of NIL deal then don't complain. And that should happen at least twice a year from all of us and every season ticket holder. Would give us plenty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If you haven't donated at least $100 to the bulldog initiative or some type of NIL deal then don't complain. And that should happen at least twice a year from all of us and every season ticket holder. Would give us plenty.
    Waiting on the Website.**

vCash
    I used venmo. Worked great

vCash
    I got venmo because my kids made me. It's pretty painless.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is